18 Tennessee
19 North Carolina
20 Florida State
21 Maryland
22 Auburn
23 St. Bonaventure
24 UConn
25 Virginia

Others receiving votes: Michigan State 87, Indiana 41, USC 30, Arizona 26, Virginia Tech 25, Oklahoma State 25, Xavier 22, Texas Tech 17, Richmond 13, Rutgers 11, Colorado State 11, Belmont 7, LSU 7, St. John's 5, Mississippi State 5, Syracuse 5, San Diego State 5, Drake 4, Colorado 4, BYU 3, Louisville 3, Notre Dame 3
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: AP Preseason Poll

Post by 89Hen »

Got my paper tix for Terps today. Surprised they actually printed them, but they did skimp on the big production. They look like 1980 dot matrix tix. No photos, no magazine, etc... F'n Covid.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Looking forward to the season starting next week. Some good games in November - nova/UCLA, Duke/Kentucky, Texas/Gonzaga, UCLA/Gonzaga. Good to have college basketball back.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winter is coming. 5 months of wall to wall GU coverage here.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:34 am Winter is coming. 5 months of wall to wall GU coverage here.
Jealous, I'm a big Gonzaga fan. I actually looked into getting tix for a Zags game in Vegas but it was already sold out. I think that's the furthest east they come this year regular season.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:30 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:34 am Winter is coming. 5 months of wall to wall GU coverage here.
Jealous, I'm a big Gonzaga fan. I actually looked into getting tix for a Zags game in Vegas but it was already sold out. I think that's the furthest east they come this year regular season.
They play in Phoenix, which is east of Vegas. Quadruple-header with NAU. And Provo is slightly more east of Phoenix
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:07 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:30 pm

They play in Phoenix, which is east of Vegas. Quadruple-header with NAU. And Provo is slightly more east of Phoenix
Thanks - just looked, plenty of tickets available. Definitely something to consider. Thanks.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I'll be following Chet, from the same Minnesota HS as Suggs. Here he goes past Steph Curry

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:40 pm
dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:07 pm

Thanks - just looked, plenty of tickets available. Definitely something to consider. Thanks.
Arena just went through huge renovation. I haven't been since it opened back up, but hear it is really nice.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:30 pm Jealous, I'm a big Gonzaga fan. I actually looked into getting tix for a Zags game in Vegas but it was already sold out. I think that's the furthest east they come this year regular season.
FWIW, Philly to Spokane is a shorter flight than Philly/Vegas.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I’ll root for St. Bona, notwithstanding the ugly brown unis.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:10 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:30 pm Jealous, I'm a big Gonzaga fan. I actually looked into getting tix for a Zags game in Vegas but it was already sold out. I think that's the furthest east they come this year regular season.
Good luck getting tickets in Spokompton

Plus, you have to connect through a city. Time wise, takes a couple hours longer to fly to Spokane
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Even with the connection? There are no nonstops to Spokumpton.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:53 pm I’ll root for St. Bona, notwithstanding the ugly brown unis.
Bob Lanier U
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Good luck getting tickets in Spokompton

Plus, you have to connect through a city. Time wise, takes a couple hours longer to fly to Spokane
I know, I was just pointing out the "furthest east" thing. Once you're flying, who cares if it's 2.5 hours or 3 hours?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:49 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Arena just went through huge renovation. I haven't been since it opened back up, but hear it is really nice.
Tickets are reasonable, but flights are pretty expensive right now - that time of year, I'm paying $300-$400 per ticket. I may be stuck just watching on TV and doing my best "Timmy!" from Southpark cheers whenever he does something good. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

#25 UVA only upset of opening night, but Hofstra should have beaten #15 Houston. Figures, the year the Hens are finally picked to win the CAA, here come the Dutchmen.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:56 am #25 UVA only upset of opening night, but Hofstra should have beaten #15 Houston. Figures, the year the Hens are finally picked to win the CAA, here come the Dutchmen.
Delaware's 20 point drubbing at Davidson doesn't bode well for the Hens going forward. Sure, it's just one game, but one awful game at that.

Navy looked good, they have a junior (Yoder) from up around my way, was fun to watch him play.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:Got my paper tix for Terps today. Surprised they actually printed them, but they did skimp on the big production. They look like 1980 dot matrix tix. No photos, no magazine, etc... F'n Covid.
No Lefty, no ACC, no respect….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:17 pm
89Hen wrote:Got my paper tix for Terps today. Surprised they actually printed them, but they did skimp on the big production. They look like 1980 dot matrix tix. No photos, no magazine, etc... F'n Covid.
No Lefty, no ACC, no respect….
Went last night. They still have Lefty in the "I have Maryland pride" bit on the big screen to get fans pumped up. Only the old folks in the crowd know who he is. Hell only Melo Tremble, Kevin Heurter and Bruno Fernando get big cheers any more. :(

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Terps stink. Bad loss to George Mason last night. They can't shoot and have no fire. Will be lucky to go .500 in the Big10 this year. :(
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gonzaga flexed their muscles last night. Thorough dismantling of UCLA. What was impressive was what they did defensively - UCLA had it's way with everyone so far, including nova, so making them look so disjointed was impressive. With Holmgren, Gonzaga actually has defensive flair to go along with the offense. We'll see how they handle Duke on Friday. And the WCC is shaping up to be pretty decent - BYU's ranked, St Mary's could win the Maui today, and San Fran and Santa Clara are still undefeated. Those will all be good road games for Gonzaga even once they hit the conference slate. Gonzaga still has Alabama, Washington, and Texas Tech on the OOC schedule.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:25 pm Gonzaga flexed their muscles last night. Thorough dismantling of UCLA. What was impressive was what they did defensively - UCLA had it's way with everyone so far, including nova, so making them look so disjointed was impressive. With Holmgren, Gonzaga actually has defensive flair to go along with the offense. We'll see how they handle Duke on Friday. And the WCC is shaping up to be pretty decent - BYU's ranked, St Mary's could win the Maui today, and San Fran and Santa Clara are still undefeated. Those will all be good road games for Gonzaga even once they hit the conference slate. Gonzaga still has Alabama, Washington, and Texas Tech on the OOC schedule.

:shock:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 am Got my paper tix for Terps today. Surprised they actually printed them, but they did skimp on the big production. They look like 1980 dot matrix tix. No photos, no magazine, etc... F'n Covid.
Turgeon is history.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 am Got my paper tix for Terps today. Surprised they actually printed them, but they did skimp on the big production. They look like 1980 dot matrix tix. No photos, no magazine, etc... F'n Covid.
Turgeon is history.
Yup - Danny Manning is new interim coach