Arizona Vacancy

College Hoops discussion
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Arizona Vacancy

Post by SuperHornet »

Arizona just fired Sean Miller. The UOP board is freaked out that HC Damon "Mighty Mouse" Stoudamire might get the nod, and perhaps take his top assistant with him. Another in the mix is Eric Musselman. The rationale is that Stoudamire is well-liked in Tucson given his success there as a player and in the NBA. He's also been an assistant at Arizona. Stoudamire has a 20-win season at UOP under his belt, though this past season was a COVID-aborted 9-9 affair.

Some want his top assistant to "fleet up" to HC, but it seems just as likely that Stoudamire takes the guy with him. Personally, I'm thinking outside the box somewhat, and banking on former UOP player Gillian d'Hondt, who won a state championship as a HC in Washington. But that's just SH being SH. While I would love to see that happen (she was one of my favorite players during her time at UOP, an outstanding center), I don't seriously expect UOP to be the first to do that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/damon-stoudami ... 55640.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.