Big East-2 teams
SEC-2 teams
American-1 team
Big 10-1 team
Big 12-1 team
Mo Valley-1 team
Summit- 1 team
WCC-1 team
There goes the usual ECB ...except for the fact that only two WCC teams and one Big Sky (OK, I get that one) got in. For all the ECBers, the Big Ten (1/9), ACC (2/7), and Big East (2/4) have some 'splainin' to do....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: March Madness

Post by 89Hen »

You don't really have to explain outliers.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

So how much further do some of these (many) Cinderellas go?

OSU?
Oral Roberts?
Loyola?
Syracuse?
UCLA?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:39 pm So how much further do some of these (many) Cinderellas go?

OSU?
Oral Roberts?
Loyola?
Syracuse?
UCLA?
Well, Oregon State, Loyola and Syracuse are all in the same bracket. I don't think the non-Cinderella in that bracket (Houston) will go to the final 4, so I'd go with one of them making it to the Final 4. Ducks and USC play each other in the Sweet 16 so the Pac-12 will lose one team there.

I'll say this...

Oregon State, Sweet 16
Oral Roberts, Sweet 16
Loyola, Elite 8
Syracuse, Final 4
UCLA, Elite 8
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I believe Sister Jean has predicted Elite Eight for Loyola. I have no reason to doubt her, but I'd love to see them go farther, if only to assuage the pain of seeing UOP and Sac State get shut out entirely and Liberty blowing it in the first round....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:39 pm So how much further do some of these (many) Cinderellas go?

OSU?
Oral Roberts?
Loyola?
Syracuse?
UCLA?
Well, Oregon State, Loyola and Syracuse are all in the same bracket. I don't think the non-Cinderella in that bracket (Houston) will go to the final 4, so I'd go with one of them making it to the Final 4. Ducks and USC play each other in the Sweet 16 so the Pac-12 will lose one team there.

I'll say this...

Oregon State, Sweet 16
Oral Roberts, Sweet 16
Loyola, Elite 8
Syracuse, Final 4
UCLA, Elite 8
Just did a $100 4-way parlay with:

Houston -6 to cover
Oregon State +6.5 to cover
Baylor -6.5 to cover
Oral Roberts +11.5 to cover
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:00 pm
JALMOND wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm

I'll say this...

Oregon State, Sweet 16
Oral Roberts, Sweet 16
Loyola, Elite 8
Syracuse, Final 4
UCLA, Elite 8

Houston -6 to cover
Oregon State +6.5 to cover :check:
Baylor -6.5 to cover :check:
Oral Roberts +11.5 to cover :check:
Three down, 1 to go. :coffee: :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:53 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Houston -6 to cover
Oregon State +6.5 to cover :check:
Baylor -6.5 to cover :check:
Oral Roberts +11.5 to cover :check:
Looks like you got it, unless Houston completely implodes in spectacular fashion. What's that going to net you?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:02 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Looks like you got it, unless Houston completely implodes in spectacular fashion. What's that going to net you?
Pay out is $1200. 😎😎
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Oregon State vs Houston. Two head coaches who started their head coaching career in Montana. Wayne Tinkle (Montana) and Kelvin Sampson (Montana Tech).
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

March Madness is right. The Michigan women's team was upset yesterday in the Sweet Sixteen, then flew home, only to run into a storm, causing the cabin to lose pressure. The air masked dropped, and some of the team got bloody noses as the flight made an emergency landing in Evansville, IL. They did make it back to campus safely, though, in the wee hours this morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michigan-w ... 06184.html

JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Breakdown of the Elite 8 by conference.

Pac-12-3 teams :shock:
American-1 team
Big 10-1 team
Big 12-1 team
SEC-1 team
WCC-1 team
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:15 pm Breakdown of the Elite 8 by conference.

Pac-12-3 teams :shock:
American-1 team
Big 10-1 team
Big 12-1 team
SEC-1 team
WCC-1 team
WCB :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

The Sweet Sixteen round typically has a lot of bad games - you get teams who snuck through the first weekend, either by upsets of their own or being the beneficiary of other upsets and not having to have a tough first two games. After a week of preparation, those teams tend to be dismissed, sometimes by a good margin, in the Sweet 16 round. The Elite 8 games, though, tend to be closer affairs, with a Final Four berth on the line it's a real big deal. I like all four of these matchups over the next two days, should be some real good basketball. Gonzaga probably still rolls, but the other games should all be nick and tuck affairs.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Goddamn Oregon cost me ANOTHER $1200 with that abysmal performance in the last game. Fuckers.

Had UCLA, Michigan and the halftime under in the Oregon game but needed Oregon to cover a narrow spread. They just couldn’t do it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:57 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:02 pm
Pay out is $1200. 😎😎
Was in Vegas all last week. Weather reminded me of ND and even the street performers were all bundled up.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:15 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:57 am

Pay out is $1200. 😎😎
Was in Vegas all last week. Weather reminded me of ND and even the street performers were all bundled up.
:lol: :lol:

I wasn’t in Vegas. A buddy was and he placed the bet for me....now I gotta go to collect. :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:19 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:15 am

:lol: :lol:

I wasn’t in Vegas. A buddy was and he placed the bet for me....now I gotta go to collect. :ohno:
It was a miserable week in Vegas. Went golfing and made it 10 holes before the wind became so bad that we were angling off the green just to get it to hook unto the fairway. Spent the next 3 days on the same golf course doing a photo/video shoot for one of the companies products. At least the food was good and I didn't have to answer too many emails. Though I am paying for it this week......
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

I'm not a Baylor fan, but it's cool to see Maceo Teague do well. He started out at UNC-Asheville (Big South), and left for better things.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Shit!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Well, it was Gonzaga and Baylor all year, and barring a certainly capable Houston team from upsetting Baylor in the Final Four, it looks like it's Gonzaga and Baylor for all the marbles. I like the Zags in that one - this year has all been Gonzaga and then everyone else. Think the Zags finally get the title that they should've had back in the 2017 finals that a terrible second half of officiating denied them then.

Great story in SI this week about John Stockton's Sunday morning basketball games in Spokane, featuring plenty of Gonzaga alums. The more and more you hear about the Gonzaga story, the better it gets. Considering that Coach K is heading towards retirement pretty soon, I think Coach Few is now at the pinnacle of his profession - best program in the country.

(btw, I am a bandwagon jumper, but I jumped the bandwagon 25 years ago with that Santangelo/Frohm/Casey Cavalry team)
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:47 am Well, it was Gonzaga and Baylor all year, and barring a certainly capable Houston team from upsetting Baylor in the Final Four, it looks like it's Gonzaga and Baylor for all the marbles. I like the Zags in that one - this year has all been Gonzaga and then everyone else. Think the Zags finally get the title that they should've had back in the 2017 finals that a terrible second half of officiating denied them then.

Great story in SI this week about John Stockton's Sunday morning basketball games in Spokane, featuring plenty of Gonzaga alums. The more and more you hear about the Gonzaga story, the better it gets. Considering that Coach K is heading towards retirement pretty soon, I think Coach Few is now at the pinnacle of his profession - best program in the country.

(btw, I am a bandwagon jumper, but I jumped the bandwagon 25 years ago with that Santangelo/Frohm/Casey Cavalry team)
It’s tough not to be a Zags fan. My buddies meet for lunch every week at Jack and Dan’s and we get to host their annual golf event.

Always an Eag first but appreciate Few, his humility and what he’s accomplished.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Breakdown of the Final Four by conference

American-1 team
Big 12-1 team
Pac-12-1 team :lol:
WCC-1 team

Big 10-0 teams :shock:

Championship will be a team from Texas against a team from the West Coast. :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:00 am Breakdown of the Final Four by conference

American-1 team
Big 12-1 team
Pac-12-1 team :lol:
WCC-1 team

Big 10-0 teams :shock:

Championship will be a team from Texas against a team from the West Coast. :thumb:
yep. No team east of Houston in the final four. When's the last time THAT happened?