Bubble Buster Schedule

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: 2020 Conference Tournaments

Post by AshevilleApp »

Southern Conference Tournament underway here in Asheville. I'm hoping the top 4 seeds (#1-ETSU, #2-Furman, #3-UNCG and #4 WCU) advance to the semis tomorrow. It would help bring more people to town spending money due to the close proximity of all but UNCG.

I miss being able to walk over and watch App get bounced in the first round. :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Terps share the B1G title for the first time since moving to the B1G. Was at the game yesterday, great senior day. Glad we stuck around to watch them cut down the nets. :thumb:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

And the women won the B1G tournament. :thumb:

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

ETSU beats Wofford to win the SOCON. They could be a tough out in the NCAA's.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ivy League just cancelled their tournament and declared regular season champ Yale as winner
:thumb:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

App advances with a win last night. Plays at Texas State next.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AshevilleApp wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:19 pm App advances with a win last night. Plays at Texas State next.
Yeah because you robbed us. You hillbilly!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Big 10 just cancelled rest of tourney.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Actually sounds like they all are. ACC, B12, SEC...
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 am Actually sounds like they all are. ACC, B12, SEC...
Big 10 is cancelled. It only makes sense to cancel the entire tourney at this point.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

It's a shame, this thing could've been played, minus spectators, and it would've been a good thing. There's caution and then there's over caution. There were ways to make this work where the only folks exposed would be the young and healthy, and it would've been a good piece of normalcy in an otherwise terrible spate of news and circumstances. There's a balance there and unfortunately no one appears willing to look for the balance for fear of being labeled a denier or conspiracy theorist. Same goes for other college spring sports and even youth leagues. Heck, I'm going to work everyday for the foreseeable future, as are millions of other Americans everyday. We're not shutting everything down and hiding in our homes for a month.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 am It's a shame, this thing could've been played, minus spectators, and it would've been a good thing. There's caution and then there's over caution. There were ways to make this work where the only folks exposed would be the young and healthy, and it would've been a good piece of normalcy in an otherwise terrible spate of news and circumstances. There's a balance there and unfortunately no one appears willing to look for the balance for fear of being labeled a denier or conspiracy theorist. Same goes for other college spring sports and even youth leagues. Heck, I'm going to work everyday for the foreseeable future, as are millions of other Americans everyday. We're not shutting everything down and hiding in our homes for a month.
Nebraska's coach having a common cold was probably the final straw.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

89Jr just told me he was talking to one of the Terp players this morning who has a class with him and they were afraid everything would get cancelled. Imagine working your whole life for a shot at top seed in the tourney and having it all just disappear. A VAST majority of NCAA players... this was their last time to play high level bball. :cry:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 am It's a shame, this thing could've been played, minus spectators, and it would've been a good thing. There's caution and then there's over caution. There were ways to make this work where the only folks exposed would be the young and healthy, and it would've been a good piece of normalcy in an otherwise terrible spate of news and circumstances. There's a balance there and unfortunately no one appears willing to look for the balance for fear of being labeled a denier or conspiracy theorist. Same goes for other college spring sports and even youth leagues. Heck, I'm going to work everyday for the foreseeable future, as are millions of other Americans everyday. We're not shutting everything down and hiding in our homes for a month.
I had the same thought and I hope you’re right but I’ve seen zero indication from credible sources and experts that suggest you are. Travel, facility staff, refs, multiple teams, tv crews...and the chance of community spread becomes significant. It’s not 5 on 5 even without spectators it’s still hundreds at each site. This thing has been around longer and infected WAY more people than we are aware of or what’s being reported.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:49 am
I had the same thought and I hope you’re right but I’ve seen zero indication from credible sources and experts that suggest you are. Travel, facility staff, refs, multiple teams, tv crews...and the chance of community spread becomes significant. It’s not 5 on 5 even without spectators it’s still hundreds at each site. This thing has been around longer and infected WAY more people than we are aware of or what’s being reported.
I think it happens regardless of what we do. If this thing spreads as easily as it seems, outside of locking people up in their homes for a month I don't see how we stop it from spreading. And I don't think anyone is proposing locking all homes for a month.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:16 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:49 am

I think it happens regardless of what we do. If this thing spreads as easily as it seems, outside of locking people up in their homes for a month I don't see how we stop it from spreading. And I don't think anyone is proposing locking all homes for a month.
Mitigation. As SDhornet mentioned, shallowing the curve. The more precautions we take, the less exposure and the lower the death rate.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:28 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Mitigation. As SDhornet mentioned, shallowing the curve. The more precautions we take, the less exposure and the lower the death rate.
That's why the only logical course of action in that thought sequence is to shut every business/school/church/government down now, require people to stay in their homes for a minimum of two weeks, and only then let people out. Anything short of that is risking exposure. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:57 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:28 pm

That's why the only logical course of action in that thought sequence is to shut every business/school/church/government down now, require people to stay in their homes for a minimum of two weeks, and only then let people out. Anything short of that is risking exposure. :coffee:
So let perfection be the enemy of the good. Gotcha.

You’re usually more rational than this.