Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-21

Post by JALMOND »

After last week's terrible pickings that left me at 44-10 overall for the season, I am back at it again this week on a quest for perfection. Four teams are off this week (including Montana so I don't have to worry about picking against them), which means there are four games in conference. The less amount of games, the better the chances are to be perfect. Here are my predictions for this weekend.

ISU at PSU---It is hard to imagine that, at the halfway point of the season, either the Bengals or the Vikings will find themselves in no less than a tie for second place in the conference. Who's the contender and who's the pretender among these two? Take the home team...PSU 28, ISU 24.

MSU at SAC---The game in the conference featuring the top two teams. Actually, a Hornets win over the Bobcats would set up a scenario where there would be a 5-way tie for first in the conference at the halfway point. Or, a Bobcats win would keep them at the top of the standings...MSU 31, SAC 23.

UNC at CP---Interesting matchup. The Bears haven't won a game yet, but have looked really good at times in conference games. The Mustangs have won twice but have not looked too great since starting conference play. Can you really pick a winless team to win on the road? Why not...UNC 28, CP 17.

WSU at EWU---The season for both the Wildcats and the Eagles took a disastrous turn last weekend with both suffering terrible losses. The Eagles actually were looking great until the loss last weekend. The Wildcats have not looked good since conference play started...EWU 42, WSU 24.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-21

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber 20-28 EWULast week's debacle was embarrassing, but the Eagles have looked good in at least some of their conference games

Idaho St. 27-42 Portland St.The Bengals might need to put 9 in the box to have a chance in this one

NoCo 28-24 Calol Poly — The battle of struggling first-year coaches who succeeded at other Big Sky schools

Montana St. 31-24 Sac State — The Bobcats usually win in Sacramento, but it's never easy
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

PSU
MSU
UNC
EWU
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:33 pm After last week's terrible pickings that left me at 44-10 overall for the season, I am back at it again this week on a quest for perfection. Four teams are off this week (including Montana so I don't have to worry about picking against them), which means there are four games in conference. The less amount of games, the better the chances are to be perfect. Here are my predictions for this weekend.

ISU at PSU---It is hard to imagine that, at the halfway point of the season, either the Bengals or the Vikings will find themselves in no less than a tie for second place in the conference. Who's the contender and who's the pretender among these two? Take the home team...PSU 28, ISU 24.

MSU at SAC---The game in the conference featuring the top two teams. Actually, a Hornets win over the Bobcats would set up a scenario where there would be a 5-way tie for first in the conference at the halfway point. Or, a Bobcats win would keep them at the top of the standings...MSU 31, SAC 23.

UNC at CP---Interesting matchup. The Bears haven't won a game yet, but have looked really good at times in conference games. The Mustangs have won twice but have not looked too great since starting conference play. Can you really pick a winless team to win on the road? Why not...UNC 28, CP 17.

WSU at EWU---The season for both the Wildcats and the Eagles took a disastrous turn last weekend with both suffering terrible losses. The Eagles actually were looking great until the loss last weekend. The Wildcats have not looked good since conference play started...EWU 42, WSU 24.
2-2 for the week and I am now at 49-12 for the year. On my way to one of the worst picking seasons I've ever had. :oops: