Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-14

Post by JALMOND »

I'm doing so bad I couldn't get a perfect week last week with only three games on the schedule. I am currently at 44-7 so far this season. This weekend everyone is playing so a full schedule is on tap, and a few interesting matchups. Time to get down to business as we are at the halfway mark of the year. Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky games, and hoping for perfection.

CP at MSU---Easy game to call? The Mustangs are heading to the bottom of the conference and was one of the few that played last week. The Bobcats have soared to the top of the conference and was off last week. The Mustangs don't even get the luxury of playing this game at home...MSU 49, CP 10.

EWU at ISU---The Eagles have shown to be better than advertised and one of the forces to be reckoned with in the conference. The Bengals also have shown life at times but they may be a step behind the Eagles. But strange things happen in the Bengals' home. Can they win?...EWU 33, ISU 17.

UM at UI---Count the Grizzlies out and they will rise up and look great, like last week's win on the road. However, the Vandals have shown to be one the premier teams in the conference and this is at their place. Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them, but I can't pick against the Vandals...UI 31, UM 24.

PSU at NAU---This late in the season and the Vikings are still hard to figure out. They beat the lower team and lost to the best team, then they had a bye. The Lumberjacks, however, have shown to be a different team in conference than out of conference. This is in conference...NAU 31, PSU 17.

SAC at UNC---In their last game the Hornets survived a scare at home and secured the win. In their last game the Bears had victory in their grasp, but they could not secure it. Both then took last weekend off to reflect. But, does all that really matter how they got here?...SAC 38, UNC 21.

UCD at WSU---Want some playoff action in mid October? The Aggies and Wildcats both were almost shoo-ins for the playoffs when the season began. Now, in this game, the loser may have to start playing for pride. Hard to imagine these two programs at that point already this year...UCD 26, WSU 23.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-14

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana 21-37 IdahoThe Vandals should beat the Griz at home for the first time since 1995

EWU 35-27 Idaho St. — Is Eastern good or not? Are the Bengals competitive or not?

Davis 20-17 Weber — The winner gets to claim they're not a pretender for another week

Portland St. 25-31 NAUThis is one of those games that screams, "I dunno… go with the home team"

Calol Poly 17-56 Montana St.Probably the mismatch of the year in Big Sky play

Sac State 35-13 NoCo — The Hornets are 14-2 all-time against UNC
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

MSU - Best team in the BSC vs the worst.
EWU - Could be a high scoring affair.
UI - Can the Griz keep this close?
NAU - Good matchup, toss up going with the home team.
Sac State - Hornets haven't won by more than a possession at Greeley since 2012.
WSU - Another toss up, went with the home team. Losers season is effectively over.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:23 pm I'm doing so bad I couldn't get a perfect week last week with only three games on the schedule. I am currently at 44-7 so far this season. This weekend everyone is playing so a full schedule is on tap, and a few interesting matchups. Time to get down to business as we are at the halfway mark of the year. Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky games, and hoping for perfection.

CP at MSU---Easy game to call? The Mustangs are heading to the bottom of the conference and was one of the few that played last week. The Bobcats have soared to the top of the conference and was off last week. The Mustangs don't even get the luxury of playing this game at home...MSU 49, CP 10.

EWU at ISU---The Eagles have shown to be better than advertised and one of the forces to be reckoned with in the conference. The Bengals also have shown life at times but they may be a step behind the Eagles. But strange things happen in the Bengals' home. Can they win?...EWU 33, ISU 17.

UM at UI---Count the Grizzlies out and they will rise up and look great, like last week's win on the road. However, the Vandals have shown to be one the premier teams in the conference and this is at their place. Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them, but I can't pick against the Vandals...UI 31, UM 24.

PSU at NAU---This late in the season and the Vikings are still hard to figure out. They beat the lower team and lost to the best team, then they had a bye. The Lumberjacks, however, have shown to be a different team in conference than out of conference. This is in conference...NAU 31, PSU 17.

SAC at UNC---In their last game the Hornets survived a scare at home and secured the win. In their last game the Bears had victory in their grasp, but they could not secure it. Both then took last weekend off to reflect. But, does all that really matter how they got here?...SAC 38, UNC 21.

UCD at WSU---Want some playoff action in mid October? The Aggies and Wildcats both were almost shoo-ins for the playoffs when the season began. Now, in this game, the loser may have to start playing for pride. Hard to imagine these two programs at that point already this year...UCD 26, WSU 23.
3-3 this week, puts me at 47-10 for the year. Grizzlies are now 3-0 when I pick against them. I was pleased being wrong about Portland State, but the EWU loss was kind of shocking.