Cornell beats Lehigh 23-20
Stonehill beats Georgetown 23-20
Lafayette beats Columbia 24-3
Penn beats Colgate 20-6
Harvard blows out St. Thomas 45-13
Davidson blows past Marist 49-21
Campbell gets by Monmouth 45-31
Wagner upsets Sacred Heart 17-10
Indiana State falls to Ball State 45-7, though it was only 17-7 after 3 quarters
Weber loses to Utah 31-7
Youngstown beats RMU 48-28

Illinois State leads EIU 13-7, 2:48 4Q (might be awaiting a PAT)
NDSU leads UCA 42-17, mid-3Q
Idaho trails Cal 21-17, early-3Q
W&M leads Charleston Southern 15-7, mid-3Q
EWU leads SELU 17-14, early-3Q
Utah Tech leads NAU 37-7, early-3Q :? :suspicious: :? :suspicious: :dunce: :dunce:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Week 3 Score Thread

Post by JALMOND »

Final

Portland State 91
North American 0
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:36 pm Bethune-Cookman loses to Miami 48-7
How much did Bethune get for the obvious????
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EIU edges out Illinois State 14-13
NDSU beats UCA 49-31
Idaho falls to Cal 31-17
W&M beat Charleston Southern 15-7 :?
EWU got a late pick-six to put away SELU 40-29
After a late rally, NAU lost to Utah Tech 50-36 :lol: :suspicious: :ohno:
Portland State eked out a win against NAIA North American 91-0
Hampton came back to beat Howard 35-34
Brown beats Bryant 29-25
Pine Bluff avoids a scalp, beating Miles 21-20
Furman edges out Kennesaw 31-28
Chattanooga blows away The Citadel 48-3
Delaware blows away SFPA 42-14
Western Carolina scores late to beat EKU 27-24
Elon smothers A&T 27-3
UNI thumps Idaho State in newly renovated Holt Arena 41-17
Towson was shut out in the second half, but still beat Morgan 20-10
UNH beats Dartmouth 24-7
Tennessee State upsets Gardner-Webb 27-25
Presbyterian beats Wofford 23-20 (Wofford was a 30-point favorite :? :suspicious: )
Alcorn beats McNeese 17-3
Austin Peay humiliates ETSU 63-3
Non-DI Scalp #9 - Delta State beats MVSU at home 35-7
SIU edges out SEMO 26-25
Southern beats AAMU 20-10
UNA beats Tennessee Tech 20-7
UTM humiliates Houston Christian 66-7
Lindenwood comes back from a 17-point halftime deficit to beat Willynois 43-40
UIW gets by Abilene Christian 27-20
Montana avoids a scalp, beating Ferris State 17-10
FBS Scalp #4 - Sac State beats Stanford and their former coach 30-23
Cal Poly pulls away to beat Lincoln (CA) 41-20

Davis leads Suutah 6-0 at the half
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:50 pmMontana avoids a scalp, beating Ferris State 17-10
The Griz didn't beat Ferris, they beat themselves. Ferris couldn't handle the crowd noise at all, and it ultimately cost them the game. Butler isn't as talented as Ferris, but they handled the intangible/atmospheric stuff in Missoula much better than Ferris State.

The Griz only had 189 yards, and just 84 rushing yards on 41 carries. :? :? :?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:53 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:50 pmMontana avoids a scalp, beating Ferris State 17-10
The Griz didn't beat Ferris, they beat themselves. Ferris couldn't handle the crowd noise at all, and it ultimately cost them the game. Butler isn't as talented as Ferris, but they handled the intangible/atmospheric stuff in Missoula much better than Ferris State.

The offensive play calling was terrible and the execution on both sides of the ball was awful. One of the worst games I have seen the grizzlies play and win.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Suutah scored with 45 seconds left to cut the deficit to 2, but they couldn't get the onside kick.

Davis beats SUU 23-21
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Vidav wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:07 pm

The offensive play calling was terrible and the execution on both sides of the ball was awful. One of the worst games I have seen the grizzlies play and win.
Ferris obviously isn't a typical DII, but this game still didn't change my thinking that the Griz are no better than a playoff bubble team.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Congrats Sacramento State!
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I didn't know that game was coming and happened to see it listed on ESPN+. Started watching it during the first half. Very nice, intense game to watch. Agree that the crowd could very well have won that game for Montana by causing Ferris State to take itself out of several short yardage situations. I think Ferris State was better at the line of scrimmage. Not by much. But better. In particular I did not like Montana's chances of stopping Ferris State in short yardage situations. Like in the fourth quarter when Ferris State had second and goal from the 2 and Ferris State got called for false start. I think it very likely Ferris State would have powered in without that penalty.

Biggest thing going for Montana was they had a significantly better passer at quarterback than Ferris State had with either of the guys it was playing. The Ferris State running quarterback was tough though.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:42 pm
Vidav wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:07 pm

Ferris obviously isn't a typical DII, but this game still didn't change my thinking that the Griz are no better than a playoff bubble team.
We'll see. I haven't been paying as much attention in recent years since McNeese completely imploded as a program. But there have been years when D-II playoff teams have shredded I-AA/FCS teams that have gone deep into the playoffs. Like when eventual D-II national champ Colorado State Pueblo mashed FCS semi-finalist Sam Houston State 47-21 in 2014 in a game that wasn't really that close and when Valdosta State, which was eliminated by Carson Newman in its first D-II playoff game, thumped I-AA semi-finalist Florida Atlantic 45-17 in 2003.

There was even a time way back when, in 1980, when eventual D-II champ Cal Poly beat eventual I-AA champ Boise State 23-20.

As of now, by the Massey Ratings, there are four D-II teams within the range of the ratings for the FCS top 25. The top rated D-II team, Pittsburgh State, would be rated 8th in FCS. For perspective: There are no FCS teams rated within the range of ratings for the FBS top 25. The top rated FCS team, South Dakota State, would be rated 58th in FBS.

I've said for years that there is not nearly as much difference between the top of D-II and the top of FCS as there is between the top of FCS and the top of FBS. If your FCS team plays a D-II team that is good enough to have a real shot at the D-II national championship, it is not playing a cupcake. It is playing a team that is better than the overwhelming majority of FCS teams. In fact it's almost certainly equivalent to playing a top 25 FCS team and there's a good chance it's equivalent to playing a top 10 FCS.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:21 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:42 pm

We'll see. I haven't been paying as much attention in recent years since McNeese completely imploded as a program. But there have been years when D-II playoff teams have shredded I-AA/FCS teams that have gone deep into the playoffs. Like when eventual D-II national champ Colorado State Pueblo mashed FCS semi-finalist Sam Houston State 47-21 in 2014 in a game that wasn't really that close and when Valdosta State, which was eliminated by Carson Newman in its first D-II playoff game, thumped I-AA semi-finalist Florida Atlantic 45-17 in 2003.

There was even a time way back when, in 1980, when eventual D-II champ Cal Poly beat eventual I-AA champ Boise State 23-20.

As of now, by the Massey Ratings, there are four D-II teams within the range of the ratings for the FCS top 25. The top rated D-II team, Pittsburgh State, would be rated 8th in FCS. For perspective: There are no FCS teams rated within the range of ratings for the FBS top 25. The top rated FCS team, South Dakota State, would be rated 58th in FBS.

I've said for years that there is not nearly as much difference between the top of D-II and the top of FCS as there is between the top of FCS and the top of FBS. If your FCS team plays a D-II team that is good enough to have a real shot at the D-II national championship, it is not playing a cupcake. It is playing a team that is better than the overwhelming majority of FCS teams. In fact it's almost certainly equivalent to playing a top 25 FCS team and there's a good chance it's equivalent to playing a top 10 FCS.
I agree that there's more overlap between DII & FCS than there is between FCS & FBS, but Ferris didn't look anything like a top-10 team. They looked like an above average FCS team for sure, but I'm skeptical they would make the FCS playoffs. The Dakota States, Idaho, etc., would probably beat Ferris pretty good.