EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Western Illinois to OVC

Post by UNI88 »

I don't know about their other sports in the Summit but WIU has not been competitive in football in the MVFC and the school has major financial problems.

The OVC offers them a fresh start from a competitive perspective and the schools are closer (less travel $) and more natural rivals than the Summit League schools.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:48 pm I don't know about their other sports in the Summit but WIU has not been competitive in football in the MVFC and the school has major financial problems.

The OVC offers them a fresh start from a competitive perspective and the schools are closer (less travel $) and more natural rivals than the Summit League schools.
There was a rumor about the OVC combining with The Big South to become one league due to financial problems of it's own.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:48 pm I don't know about their other sports in the Summit but WIU has not been competitive in football in the MVFC and the school has major financial problems.

There was a rumor about the OVC combining with The Big South to become one league due to financial problems of it's own.
That's no rumor. It's fact.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperHornet wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:05 pm There was a rumor about the OVC combining with The Big South to become one league due to financial problems of it's own.
That's no rumor. It's fact.
Only sort of

Short term solution while the OVC adds more programs to get their own bid again - which Lindenwood and WIU are part of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk