SF - (#4) Montana St. @ (#1) SoDak State

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: SF - (#4) Montana St. @ (#1) SoDak State

Post by SuperHornet »

The MT State special teams coordinator ought to be fired for trying to use a Single Wing play for a fake punt. SD State had that scouted, and stuffed it. SMH....

SD State gets a FG out of it to extend their impossible lead....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:30 pm The MT State special teams coordinator ought to be fired for trying to use a Single Wing play for a fake punt. SD State had that scouted, and stuffed it. SMH....

SD State gets a FG out of it to extend their impossible lead....
The MT State head coach ought to be fired for trying a fake punt in a situation where nobody would fall for a fake punt. ;)
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Agreed, Venus.

Of course, a straight run from punt formation as a complete surprise to everyone MIGHT work...IF the defense isn't in punt-safe and IF the quarterback is the punter. A perfect example of that is Danny White. But even those examples tend to come up only when there are things in film study that show the defending team to be vulnerable to it (as Green Bay and San Diego were in the case of White; heck, White pulled off TWO fake punts for first downs in the game against San Diego). Somehow, I get the feeling that that's not the case here....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mellott with an ≈11-yard TD run. Mellott hurt on the play for the second time in this drive. 2PC pass from Sean Austin incomplete.

39-18 Jackrabbits, 8:08 4Q
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

First Quarter

SD State: Kraft 36 pass from Gronowski (Dustman kick) 12:17 SD State leads MT State 7-0
MT State: Chambers 1 run (run failed) 6:55 SD State leads MT State 7-6
SD State: Gronowski 1 run (Dustman kick) 0:44 SD State leads MT State 14-6

Second Quarter

SD State: Davis 41 run (Dustman kick) 8:47 SD State leads MT State 21-6
SD State: Johnson 38 run (Dustman kick) 1:03 SD State leads MT State 28-6
MT State: Glessner 37 FG 0:00 SD State leads MT State 28-9

Third Quarter

SD State: Johnson 5 pass from Gronowski (Jadon Jahnke pass from Gronowski) 8:39 SD State leads MT State 36-9
MT State: Glessner 36 FG 5:29 SD State leads MT State 36-12

Fourth Quarter

SD State: Dustman 21 FG 11:41 SD State leads MT State 39-12
MT State: Mellott 10 run (pass fails) 8:08 SD State leads MT State 39-18

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Any idea why MT State went for two here? It's still early....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SD State #29 should have been called for a horsecollar on that 4th down play....

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Jackrabbits win 39-18
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

A disappointment. I was really hoping for something other than another all-Missouri Valley chipper....

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Holy Cross looked better @ SDSU last week than Mt St. Course they had a balmy 31 degrees & not 6 degrees with a windchill of MINUS 18 (according to ESPN) to deal with. Considering the weather conditions pretty impressive crowd showing for SDSU.

And ‘Touchdown Tommy‘ looked like he needed better/bigger cleats. He seemed to be slipping on the frozen field worse than any other players..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:39 pm Holy Cross looked better @ SDSU last week than Mt St. Course they had a balmy 31 degrees & not 6 degrees with a windchill of MINUS 18 (according to ESPN) to deal with. Considering the weather conditions pretty impressive crowd showing for SDSU.

And ‘Touchdown Tommy‘ looked like he needed better/bigger cleats. He seemed to be slipping on the frozen field worse than any other players..
The bigger problem for Tommy came up front. The Bobcat O-Line has been pushing everyone around all season, but it's difficult to do that when you're allowing DTs to come through unblocked every other play. :?