SF - (#7) UIW @ (#3) NoDak State

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: SF - (#7) UIW @ (#3) NoDak State

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Vidav wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:20 pm Confirmed NDSU recovered the fumble :roll: :roll:
And the team that gets all the breaks…

…got another break. :|
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Impressions:

Incarnate Word's offense did a lot better against North Dakota State defense than I thought it would do before what happened at Sacramento State. However, I also think North Dakota State's defense was severely depleted by injuries.

I think North Dakota State would have won much more comfortably if their quarterback wasn't as off as he was. I don't know what was up with him being so consistently high on his throws. But he was so bad tonight that they were completely one dimensional. Incarnate Word was stacking the box and there were numerous occasions on which the Bison had wide open receivers. The guy simply could not hit the broad side of the barn tonight. They won in spite of being 1 of 12 passing for 5 yards. They SHOULD have been able to make Incarnate Word pay for stacking the box but the QB was just awful.

Incarnate Word's coach was really stupid for not choosing to attempt a field goal at the end of the second to last drive after their field goal kicker did what he did earlier. Yes they ended up getting the ball back but North Dakota State rushed for 329 yards at 6.9 yards per carry on the evening. He had a chance to tie the game right there. Stupid, stupid decision.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:03 pm Impressions:

Incarnate Word's offense did a lot better against North Dakota State defense than I thought it would do before what happened at Sacramento State. However, I also think North Dakota State's defense was severely depleted by injuries.

I think North Dakota State would have won much more comfortably if their quarterback wasn't as off as he was. I don't know what was up with him being so consistently high on his throws. But he was so bad tonight that they were completely one dimensional. Incarnate Word was stacking the box and there were numerous occasions on which the Bison had wide open receivers. The guy simply could not hit the broad side of the barn tonight. They won in spite of being 1 of 12 passing for 5 yards. They SHOULD have been able to make Incarnate Word pay for stacking the box but the QB was just awful.

Incarnate Word's coach was really stupid for not choosing to attempt a field goal at the end of the second to last drive after their field goal kicker did what he did earlier. Yes they ended up getting the ball back but North Dakota State rushed for 329 yards at 6.9 yards per carry on the evening. He had a chance to tie the game right there. Stupid, stupid decision.
The QB was trying to play hero ball but failed unfortunately.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:40 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:35 pm

No shit. I'm confused on that throw. He should have a rocket arm, but that was a floater.
He couldn't step into the throw that guy from NDSU was in his way of course.
Thank you, I missed that. Was busy wrestling with my youngest while trying to watch the game.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:10 pm
dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:40 pm

He couldn't step into the throw that guy from NDSU was in his way of course.
Thank you, I missed that. Was busy wrestling with my youngest while trying to watch the game.
Lol QB for Word is a Russell Wilson clone 5-11 212 threw for 4,691 yds.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:07 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:03 pm Impressions:

The QB was trying to play hero ball but failed unfortunately.
Yes the QB passed for a WHOPPING 5 YDS
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Vidav wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:20 pm Confirmed NDSU recovered the fumble :roll: :roll:
ESPN announcers failed to say that The Word player pulled the ball from the pile after the whistle. Bison player had recovered the fumble before the whistle.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:13 pm What is it with the bizumb defenders trying to rip the ball out after the play is clearly over?
Old UNI trick.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:20 am
ESPN announcers failed to say that The Word player pulled the ball from the pile after the whistle. Bison player had recovered the fumble before the whistle.
Haven’t seen that in video evidence.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:21 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:13 pm What is it with the bizumb defenders trying to rip the ball out after the play is clearly over?
Old Jethro trick.
FYP

I've seen players do it occasionally but never see it so consistently (by UNI or anyone else). I'm thinking they were coached to do it and think it's a bush league move.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:51 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:20 am

Haven’t seen that in video evidence.
Therefore the call on the field stands.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:24 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:21 am

Old Jethro trick.
FYP

I've seen players do it occasionally but never see it so consistently (by UNI or anyone else). I'm thinking they were coached to do it and think it's a bush league move.
I don't see anything wrong with playing hard. Might be why UNI continues to go 6-5.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:50 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:24 pm
FYP

I don't see anything wrong with playing hard. Might be why UNI continues to go 6-5.
I wouldn't define punching at a ball held in an opponent's midsection after a play is over as "playing hard". If it happened against the bizumbs, the lynch mob would be screaming about dirty play
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:01 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:50 pm

I wouldn't define punching at a ball held in an opponent's midsection after a play is over as "playing hard". If it happened against the bizumbs, the lynch mob would be screaming about dirty play
Bison don't play for participation trophies with nanny rules.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:01 pm

Advocating for dirty play isn't a good look.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Vidav wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:13 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm

If we are talking the same thing, it's not dirty. Dirty is if you punch or trip a guy. Nannys don't like aggressive players.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:17 pm
If we are talking the same thing, it's not dirty. Dirty is if you punch or trip a guy. Nannys don't like aggressive players.
They didn't always hit the ball when they're were punching at it so they were punching guys and it was after the whistle.

How did the nannys in the bizumb lynch mob react to Hauck's play during the game against Montana? :coffee:

The bizumb program is much more prone to hotdogging, cheap shots and rubbing it in under Jethro than they were under Klieman. And there are too many bizumb fans who like to climb on their high horse about how their program does it the right way but lose their collective sh!t defending and deflecting when shown instances where that isn't true (a completely unnecessary fake FG against Delaware being an example).
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:19 pm

They didn't always hit the ball when they're were punching at it so they were punching guys and it was after the whistle.

How did the nannys in the bizumb lynch mob react to Hauck's play during the game against Montana? :coffee:

The bizumb program is much more prone to hotdogging, cheap shots and rubbing it in under Jethro than they were under Klieman. And there are too many bizumb fans who like to climb on their high horse about how their program does it the right way but lose their collective sh!t defending and deflecting when shown instances where that isn't true (a completely unnecessary fake FG against Delaware being an example).
Jumping on the nanny CAA wagon, are we?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:19 pm

Good to know that pointing out dirty/cheap play makes someone a nanny. Have you told your fellow bizumb fans that they're nannies for whining about Hauck's play? What about all those who cried about Rozeboom being dirty?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Wow. You are really a blind homer. Your team can do no wrong. :?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:40 pm

Good to know that pointing out dirty/cheap play makes someone a nanny. Have you told your fellow bizumb fans that they're nannies for whining about Hauck's play? What about all those who cried about Rozeboom being dirty?
What I invision isn't dirty or cheap, unless you are a nanny, or invision something else.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Vidav wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:44 pm

Wow. You are really a blind homer. Your team can do no wrong. :?
Do you actually know what I'm talking about? Aggressive play isn't dirty. Montana should maybe try and be aggressive.

I don't consider trying to force a fumble as dirty.
Last edited by Gil Dobie on Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Rozeboom grabbed Andersons ankle and twisted it. Anderson missed several games because of that. A little different than trying to force a fumble. Forcing fumbles is not dirty.

Hauck hit a guy after he was out of bounds, and got a penalty for it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:27 pm

What I invision isn't dirty or cheap, unless you are a nanny, or invision something else.
If the punching motion starts after the play is clearly over then crosses the line and is more than just aggressive play. And it wasn't an isolated incident where a single player was a little over-aggressive. That's what makes me seriously suspect that it was intentional and at the behest of coaches.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:55 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:27 pm

If the punching motion starts after the play is clearly over then crosses the line and is more than just aggressive play. And it wasn't an isolated incident where a single player was a little over-aggressive. That's what makes me seriously suspect that it was intentional and at the behest of coaches.
Do you have an example?