I am a fan of: Montana

Breakdown - Quarterfinals

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Playoffs

HC 21-42 SDKST
W&M 7-55 MTST
SAM 9-27 NDSU
UIW 66-63 SAC

• Best Performance: (#4) Montana St. 55, (#5) William & Mary 7 - Isaiah Ifanse runs for 162 yards and 2 TDs on just 11 carries to become Montana State's all-time leading rusher and help the Bobcats get their most lopsided I-AA/FCS playoff win ever.

Worst Performance: (#5) William & Mary 7, (#4) Montana St. 55 - It's one thing to allow 328 yards to MSU's potent running game, but to gain just 197 total yards against a relatively suspect Bobcat defense is pretty pathetic.

Most Surprising Result: (#7) Incarnate Word 66, (#2) Sacramento St. 63 - In the second round, the Cardinals outgained Furman by nearly 300 yards and won by 3. In the quarterfinals, UIW was outgained 738-579 and still won by 3.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Breakdown - Quarterfinals

Post by JohnStOnge »

Incarnate Word being that unstoppable in the second game was a surprise to me because Furman did pretty much shut them down in the second half of the first game. Basically they had one big play...the game winner...in the second half against Furman and did very little o offense outside of that. I looked up Sac State's defensive stats and saw that they were mediocre on that side of the ball but I thought Furman had exposed Incarnate Word's offense as very stoppable.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came