Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

QF - (#6) Samford @ (#3) NoDak State

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

(Fri., 5:00 PM MST, ESPN2)

Spread - Bison by 17.5
Sagarin - Bison by 14
Massey - Bison by 13
Last edited by Mvemjsunpx on Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: QF - (#6) Samford @ (#3) NoDak State

Post by SuperHornet »

3 ND State d. 6 Samford 35-28

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

NDSU in a rout.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:18 pm NDSU in a rout.
Hope so, could be a lot of points scored
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:40 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:18 pm NDSU in a rout.
Hope so, could be a lot of points scored
0-0 after 1
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Both defenses have looked good so far. The one difference seems to be a botches special teams play that apparently has resulted in nothing.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Ah, one of those classic games where nothing happens…
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:50 pm Ah, one of those classic games where nothing happens…
So much for the blowout. Sure, it might happen in the second half, but not yet. I still have a chance for the Samford win to avoid two straight semifinal losses to ND State....

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I am absolutely shocked at how well Samford is doing stopping the run. Last week they gave up 348 yards rushing at 7.1 yards per carry against Southeastern Louisiana. I fully expected to see North Dakota State able to run the ball at will. Just another example of ''you never know'' with college football.

Meanwhile North Dakota State has lost a second really good back now. Hopefully for them they are very deep at running back. But losing two really good backs like they have is tough.

Not that Samford has it easy playing without its star quarterback.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

27-3 Bison halfway through the fourth after it was still scoreless with 2:00 to go in the first half.

Samford switched to Hiers at halftime, but their defense is too tired for that to matter.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Samford scores, but doesn't get the 2PC—important because the spread was 17.5. :lol:

27-9 Bison, <4:00 4Q
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Samford can't score on the final play and NoDak State wins 27-9
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm with the guys calling the game wondering about whether Samford would've had some shot if they'd started their season-long starting quarterback. Their offense clearly became a lot more effective when he started playing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I'd be interested to hear Venus' (and anyone else's) opinion of that last Samford play. While I normally abhor a spread set automatic pass at that point on the field, it DID look like the QB had a better shot at trying to take it in himself (assuming he went for it from the get-go) than he did trying to force a pass into double coverage. Did you guys see that? (It certainly wasn't a done deal had he done that, but it DID look to me to be at least a slightly better option. At least he wouldn't have had as far to go against a defense dead set against it as Shane Falco had when he pulled that fake FG because the mob was after his kicker. ROFL....)

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:26 pm I'd be interested to hear Venus' (and anyone else's) opinion of that last Samford play. While I normally abhor a spread set automatic pass at that point on the field, it DID look like the QB had a better shot at trying to take it in himself (assuming he went for it from the get-go) than he did trying to force a pass into double coverage. Did you guys see that? (It certainly wasn't a done deal had he done that, but it DID look to me to be at least a slightly better option. At least he wouldn't have had as far to go against a defense dead set against it as Shane Falco had when he pulled that fake FG because the mob was after his kicker. ROFL....)
I thought he was gonna try to run it in, too, but he's a pocket passer…
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I may have cited the wrong movie. The Wiki description of the movie I was going for seems to have a different ending....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:09 pm I'm with the guys calling the game wondering about whether Samford would've had some shot if they'd started their season-long starting quarterback. Their offense clearly became a lot more effective when he started playing.
The PxP girl and the color analyst speculated about this, and figured that the backup got the nod because he essentially won the game last week. Unfortunately, that goes against the tradition that the starting quarterback doesn't lose his job due to injury....

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Bison 27-9
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:09 pm I'm with the guys calling the game wondering about whether Samford would've had some shot if they'd started their season-long starting quarterback. Their offense clearly became a lot more effective when he started playing.
Bison gave up a lot of yards when they dropped back into a zone prevent defense. QB would not have mattered.The OC had another questionable game, and the Samford run defense was very good. NDSU has now lost 3 of the top 5 RBs. Good thing there is depth at that position, now it's getting thin. Also lost another receiver and kick returner last night. Not sure about our all american pass rusher, limped off late in the game.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Only watched the 1st series for Samford. As soon as I heard the starting senior? Samford QB wasn’t playing (apparently leads FCS in completion %) and a rFr backup was starting, I figured blowout and quit watching. Later seeing the score, I’m surprised the game wasn’t more lopsided..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.