UD 6-42 SDKST
UNH 19-35 HC
GWEBB 14-54 W&M
WEB 25-33 MTST
UMT 26-49 NDSU
SELU 42-48 SAM (OT)
FUR 38-41 UIW
RICH 31-38 SAC

• Best Performance: (#4) Montana St. 33, Weber St. 25 - Bobcat QB Tommy Mellott, who had 167 on the ground in this game, ran for 440 yards in his 2 games against Weber this season. :shock:

Worst Performance: Gardner-Webb 14, (#5) William & Mary 54 - Bailey Fisher got hurt, the defense gave up 608 yards, the offense turned it over 6 times… nothing went right for the Bulldogs in this one. :|

Most Surprising Result: (#6) Samford 48, Southeastern Louisiana 42 (OT) - With Michael Hiers going down after only 3 passes, Samford's walk-on backup QB Quincy Crittendon lit up the Lions with 408 yards of total offense and 5 total touchdowns. :shock:

SWAC Championship Game

SU 24-43 JSU

• Best Performance: Jackson St. 43, Southern 24 - Shedeur Sanders throws for 320 yards and 4 touchdowns (0 INTs) as the Tigers run the SWAC table for the 2nd. straight season.

Worst Performance: Southern 24, Jackson St. 43 - 5 Jaguar turnovers wasted a 162-yard performance on the ground by Glendon McDaniel.

Most Surprising Result: (none)

Pioneer League

VALPO 3-65 NMSU

• NConf Record: 0-1
    Overall: 14-20

vs. FCS: 0-0
    Overall: 1-18

Best Performance: (none)

Worst Performance: Valparaiso 3, (FBS) New Mexico St. 65 - The Crusaders allow 389 passing yards on just 24 attempts to do their part in handing New Mexico State an undeserved bowl bid. :?

Most Surprising Result: (none)
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Breakdown - Second-Round Week

Post by SuperHornet »

What was surprising to me (perhaps not to people back East) is that Richmond completely shut down our running game. That's been our calling card all year. That left us to rely on an interception machine at quarterback. Our OL has GOT to do better against Incarnate Word. I'm sure play-calling has something to do with that, too. Call some runs, back those up with play action, follow up with some dropback followed by draws, and sprinkle in some judicious screens (not those bogus WR screens that seem to do nothing but get blown up at the line, but RB and TE screens).

I wanted to argue with you about your Valpo conclusion...but I find that I can't. There's been talk of 5-7 Rice getting a bowl bid, and if THAT's the case, then we really can't argue with a team that got six, right?

SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:27 pmI wanted to argue with you about your Valpo conclusion...but I find that I can't. There's been talk of 5-7 Rice getting a bowl bid, and if THAT's the case, then we really can't argue with a team that got six, right?

SMH....
In addition to your point, I also called it undeserved because this Valpo game only came about because NMSU's game with San Jose was canceled. I really don't think NMSU would've beaten SJSU.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:27 pm What was surprising to me (perhaps not to people back East) is that Richmond completely shut down our running game. That's been our calling card all year. That left us to rely on an interception machine at quarterback. Our OL has GOT to do better against Incarnate Word. I'm sure play-calling has something to do with that, too. Call some runs, back those up with play action, follow up with some dropback followed by draws, and sprinkle in some judicious screens (not those bogus WR screens that seem to do nothing but get blown up at the line, but RB and TE screens).

I wanted to argue with you about your Valpo conclusion...but I find that I can't. There's been talk of 5-7 Rice getting a bowl bid, and if THAT's the case, then we really can't argue with a team that got six, right?

SMH....
Taylor is like Baldwin. He scouted something to exploit and was willing to ride the horse as long as it took or regardless of turnovers.

I swear Baldwin and Taylor trailed at half in 50% of the games they called at EWU.