Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-19

Post by JALMOND »

The last slate of games and for most of the teams in the Big Sky, it is rivalry games. With a chance for bragging rights for a whole year, one could toss out the records and just pick the winners out of a hat. Anything goes, and if you are fortunate to ruin your rival's season, so be it. So many good games on the docket and even a couple with national playoff implications on the line. Going into this final week, I am at 64-14 for the year and have a shot at a very nice season. With that said, here are the predictions for this week. All games are on Saturday and everyone plays.

UM at MSU---The Brawl of the Wild and while the Grizzlies may be in the playoff field already (maybe so, maybe not), a win would solidify that. Meanwhile, the Bobcats are working on a successful season and have a chance at a playoff seed with a win. With these two, it is always a battle...MSU 24, UM 20.

UI at ISU---The Vandals are still in the middle of the playoff pack, even with their loss last week. They still have to fend off their pesky rivals here. The Bengals may be trying to fit the role of spoiler here and would love to send their rival off with another loss, if they haven't mailed it in yet...UI 38, ISU 22.

WSU at NAU---The Wildcats are preparing for the playoffs as well and a win may give them an opportunity for a possible seed. The Lumberjacks are trying to adjust to the life of a spoiler and, with the game inside their dome, they may be able to cause havoc. But will it be enough for an upset win?...WSU 28, NAU 25.

UNC at EWU---Two teams with nothing really to play for other than pride. So, which one has more pride? The Bears got a good win last week and would like to get another one. The Eagles are not accustomed to this role and would like a win to build for next season. So who wants it more?...EWU 17, UNC 14.

UCD at SAC---The Causeway Classic and it is truly a Classic this year. With a strong win last week, the Aggies are one win away from making the playoffs and they have to go through their rivals to get it. The Hornets are looking to cap an undefeated season with a win and a possible #1 seed...SAC 35, UCD 28.

PSU at CP---Another game that really is not for anything else but pride. The Vikings head down the road to southern California and hope to get a strong road win. The Mustangs, however, need a good win to build on next year, but it seems that they might have visions of next year already...PSU 38, CP 14.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-19

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

NoCo 35-28 EWU — Tough call, but I like Elijah Dotson against the nation's worst run defense

Portland St. 35-20 Calol Poly — Not a tough call since the Mustang defense couldn't stop a kid on a tricycle

Davis 35-38 Sac StateTough call, but I just can't pick against Troy Taylor in a Big Sky Conference game

Idaho 38-17 Idaho St. — Not a tough call, but this the first season finale in the state of Idaho to have postseason importance in years

Weber 31-10 NAU — Not a tough call because Weber eats up offenses that can't run the ball

Montana 27-31 Montana St.Tough call, but QB health questions and iffy place kicking don't bode well for the Griz
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:29 am NoCo 35-28 EWU — Tough call, but I like Elijah Dotson against the nation's worst run defense
How dare you! …Well, I can’t blame you. GoEags! :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Brawl: Griz d. Kitties 35-31
Battle of the Domes: Idaho d. ID State 49-6
E. Washington d. N. Colorado 21-9
Weber State d. N. Arizona 42-24
Causeway Classic: Sacramento State d. Manure Pile 56-31
Portland State d. Cal Poly 28-0

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Montana State in a close Brawl.

Northern Colorado beats a mailed it in Eastern Washington

Weber State wins the inaugural game in the new Red Rock Rivalry.

Idaho pounds their southern rival.

Sac is tested once again and once again prevails for a perfect 11-0 season.

Vikings outrun the Mustangs
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:56 pm Montana State in a close Brawl.

Northern Colorado beats a mailed it in Eastern Washington

Weber State wins the inaugural game in the new Red Rock Rivalry.

Idaho pounds their southern rival.

Sac is tested once again and once again prevails for a perfect 11-0 season.

Vikings outrun the Mustangs

4 right but the Brawl wasnt close and Mailed it in Eastern took it to UNC.

Also PSU beat Eastern who beat Poly who beat PSU. :suspicious:

And I almost jinxed Weber.

This is why I hate picking winners.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:03 am The last slate of games and for most of the teams in the Big Sky, it is rivalry games. With a chance for bragging rights for a whole year, one could toss out the records and just pick the winners out of a hat. Anything goes, and if you are fortunate to ruin your rival's season, so be it. So many good games on the docket and even a couple with national playoff implications on the line. Going into this final week, I am at 64-14 for the year and have a shot at a very nice season. With that said, here are the predictions for this week. All games are on Saturday and everyone plays.

UM at MSU---The Brawl of the Wild and while the Grizzlies may be in the playoff field already (maybe so, maybe not), a win would solidify that. Meanwhile, the Bobcats are working on a successful season and have a chance at a playoff seed with a win. With these two, it is always a battle...MSU 24, UM 20.

UI at ISU---The Vandals are still in the middle of the playoff pack, even with their loss last week. They still have to fend off their pesky rivals here. The Bengals may be trying to fit the role of spoiler here and would love to send their rival off with another loss, if they haven't mailed it in yet...UI 38, ISU 22.

WSU at NAU---The Wildcats are preparing for the playoffs as well and a win may give them an opportunity for a possible seed. The Lumberjacks are trying to adjust to the life of a spoiler and, with the game inside their dome, they may be able to cause havoc. But will it be enough for an upset win?...WSU 28, NAU 25.

UNC at EWU---Two teams with nothing really to play for other than pride. So, which one has more pride? The Bears got a good win last week and would like to get another one. The Eagles are not accustomed to this role and would like a win to build for next season. So who wants it more?...EWU 17, UNC 14.

UCD at SAC---The Causeway Classic and it is truly a Classic this year. With a strong win last week, the Aggies are one win away from making the playoffs and they have to go through their rivals to get it. The Hornets are looking to cap an undefeated season with a win and a possible #1 seed...SAC 35, UCD 28.

PSU at CP---Another game that really is not for anything else but pride. The Vikings head down the road to southern California and hope to get a strong road win. The Mustangs, however, need a good win to build on next year, but it seems that they might have visions of next year already...PSU 38, CP 14.
5-1 this week. I finish at 69-15 for the year.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Missed this one but would have went UM, UI, WSU, UNC, Sac and PSU.