Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-12

Post by JALMOND »

Two weeks left and currently I am at 59-13 and on the verge of one of the better seasons I've had in predicting these conference games. But some excellent matchups coming up in these last weeks that could undermine my efforts. Everyone plays this week (and next as well) with one game on Friday night and the rest on Saturday. The conference should be well represented in the playoffs so there is still some movement to happen. Here are this week's predictions.

SAC at PSU (Friday night)---A Veterans night out for the two urban schools in the conference. The Hornets are flying high so far this season and they have shown that they don't mind coming on the road. But the Vikings have been playing well to look respectable this season. However, the strong Hornet attack may be too much for the Vikings to handle...SAC 49, PSU 21.

NAU at UNC---The season may be over for both teams but both showed some life last week in some tough contests. The Lumberjacks put up a valiant effort in coming back against one of the leaders, only to lose on a last second field goal. The Bears, on the other hand, came out with guns blazing to start, but couldn't keep it up. Who will show life in this...UNC 28, NAU 21.

EWU at UM---It is hard to say exactly what the Eagles are doing. Some of it may be that they don't know how to play spoiler. They hit the road against a Grizzlies team that looked rejuvenated against a hapless Cal Poly team and are set to make a final push towards the playoffs. This is a good rivalry and the Grizzlies won't mind putting the Eagles in their place...UM 48, EWU 17.

ISU at WSU---After last week's performance, one has to wonder if the Bengals have mailed it in. A daunting finish awaits them so they could have. They get a upset Wildcats team smarting from their game last week and need this one to stay in line for a playoff seed (may need help). The Wildcats should not encounter much opposition here...WSU 42, ISU 10.

UCD at UI---The conference game of the week. The Aggies had a tough start to the season, but made up for it in the last few weeks. The question is, how good are they? Can they get a road win in a tough place to play? The Vandals have proven they are a tough team this year and they won't want to do anything to jeopardize that...UI 35, UCD 21.

MSU at CP---After surviving a scare last week, the Bobcats get a feel good road game this week. They did get the win last week but it was closer than it should have been. The Mustangs did not put up much last week and the outlook in this game is that they probably won't put up much of a fight here. But, the Bobcats are on the road which could be tough...MSU 38, CP 10.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-12

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Friday

Sac State 48-28 Portland St. — Possible letdown for the Hornets, but I doubt PSU's defense will provide much resistance

Saturday

Montana St. 56-17 Calol Poly — The Mustang D-Line looked like a blocking sled last week :lol:

Davis 28-31 IdahoThe Kibbles 'n Bits Dome makes the difference

Idaho St. 7-41 WeberWeber may need to avoid a close game these last 2 weeks if they want a seed

EWU 17-55 MontanaEastern doesn't look much better than Cal Poly at this point

NAU 28-24 NoCo — The 'Jacks end their 4-game losing streak in Greeley… barely
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Sac State d. Portland State 56-17
MT State d. Cow Poly 63-3
Idaho d. UC Davis 35-31
Weber State d. ID State 49-9
Montana d. EWU 45-24
N. Arizona d. N. Colorado 24-17

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 pm Two weeks left and currently I am at 59-13 and on the verge of one of the better seasons I've had in predicting these conference games. But some excellent matchups coming up in these last weeks that could undermine my efforts. Everyone plays this week (and next as well) with one game on Friday night and the rest on Saturday. The conference should be well represented in the playoffs so there is still some movement to happen. Here are this week's predictions.

SAC at PSU (Friday night)---A Veterans night out for the two urban schools in the conference. The Hornets are flying high so far this season and they have shown that they don't mind coming on the road. But the Vikings have been playing well to look respectable this season. However, the strong Hornet attack may be too much for the Vikings to handle...SAC 49, PSU 21.

NAU at UNC---The season may be over for both teams but both showed some life last week in some tough contests. The Lumberjacks put up a valiant effort in coming back against one of the leaders, only to lose on a last second field goal. The Bears, on the other hand, came out with guns blazing to start, but couldn't keep it up. Who will show life in this...UNC 28, NAU 21.

EWU at UM---It is hard to say exactly what the Eagles are doing. Some of it may be that they don't know how to play spoiler. They hit the road against a Grizzlies team that looked rejuvenated against a hapless Cal Poly team and are set to make a final push towards the playoffs. This is a good rivalry and the Grizzlies won't mind putting the Eagles in their place...UM 48, EWU 17.

ISU at WSU---After last week's performance, one has to wonder if the Bengals have mailed it in. A daunting finish awaits them so they could have. They get a upset Wildcats team smarting from their game last week and need this one to stay in line for a playoff seed (may need help). The Wildcats should not encounter much opposition here...WSU 42, ISU 10.

UCD at UI---The conference game of the week. The Aggies had a tough start to the season, but made up for it in the last few weeks. The question is, how good are they? Can they get a road win in a tough place to play? The Vandals have proven they are a tough team this year and they won't want to do anything to jeopardize that...UI 35, UCD 21.

MSU at CP---After surviving a scare last week, the Bobcats get a feel good road game this week. They did get the win last week but it was closer than it should have been. The Mustangs did not put up much last week and the outlook in this game is that they probably won't put up much of a fight here. But, the Bobcats are on the road which could be tough...MSU 38, CP 10.
Another 5-1 week, putting me at 64-14. I'll take it.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

We all got caught by surprise by the UCD-UI game. The decider was the NAU-UNC game, which tripped up both me and Venus. Venus had more close predictions, but the overall record decides this week. JAL was 5-1, but Venus and I tripped to 4-2. I'm disappointed by the absence of Ryan and SD.

Prognosticator of the Week: JALMOND.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:50 pm We all got caught by surprise by the UCD-UI game. The decider was the NAU-UNC game, which tripped up both me and Venus. Venus had more close predictions, but the overall record decides this week. JAL was 5-1, but Venus and I tripped to 4-2. I'm disappointed by the absence of Ryan and SD.

Unless the team has shown to be really good, it is tough to take an indoor team playing outdoors in November. :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:07 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:50 pm We all got caught by surprise by the UCD-UI game. The decider was the NAU-UNC game, which tripped up both me and Venus. Venus had more close predictions, but the overall record decides this week. JAL was 5-1, but Venus and I tripped to 4-2. I'm disappointed by the absence of Ryan and SD.

Unless the team has shown to be really good, it is tough to take an indoor team playing outdoors in November. :lol:
True. I'm sure we all remember what happened to San Diego when they went to Cincinnati during the playoffs....

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Missed this one but would have went Sac, NAU, UM, WSU, UI and MSU.