Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-5

Post by JALMOND »

Now on to November. Three weeks to decide all this. Four teams have been setting a strong pace all season and others have not been able to keep up. All the conference teams play this Saturday and there is one really great matchup, the first of many to decide the playoff representation. After going perfect last week, I am now at 54-12 for the year. Another shot at perfection this week. Here goes.

EWU at UI---The Eagles are in a position that they are not used to, one of playing spoiler at this point in the season. To the contrary, the Vandals are settling in to where they anticipated they would be when the dropped down from FBS. Maybe not the blowout that people thought at the start of the year, but a blowout nonetheless...UI 52, EWU 17.

SAC at WSU---Simply put, the Hornets are steamrolling everything in their path and it doesn't matter if they are at home or on the road. But this one will test them. The Wildcats have been doing just enough to keep winning and keep up with the others in the conference. This will be a good one, and may come down to home field...WSU 21, SAC 17.

MSU at NAU---Both the Bobcats and the Lumberjacks took last week off and both are heading in opposite directions. Aside from their foray into the Pac-12, the Bobcats have been winning over good teams and bad. The Lumberjacks on the other hand, have not been getting the wins they were hoping. A trap game for the Bobcats? Nah...MSU 31, NAU 17.

UNC at PSU---The Bears took a week off after getting thumped at home and now must head out on the road. The Vikings got a good conference road win last week against their rivals, but almost let the win slip through their fingers. Both teams have been rather peculiar this season which makes this game hard to pick. Tossup?...PSU 28, UNC 14.

ISU at UCD---The Bengals really did not look impressive in their last game two weeks ago and having the bye may not have been advantageous. On the other hand, the Aggies have sprung to life, hoping to save their season and maybe steal a playoff berth. Could they overlook this matchup that should be overwhelmingly in their favor? Not likely...UCD 42, ISU 10.

CP at UM---After the last few weeks, it is clear the Mustangs have closed up shop and are getting ready for next year. The Grizzlies, however, have been frustrated with a couple losses lately that have set them back a bit. Pent up frustration can be either good or bad, but playing the Mustangs should give the Grizzlies a chance to release some of it...UM 45, CP 10.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

NoCo 21-35 Portland St.The Viks appear to be the best of the rest

Idaho St. 14-48 DavisThe Aggies are 20th. in scoring margin (+13.0) despite being 4-4

EWU 24-42 IdahoEastern needs to win at least once to avoid their worst record since 1988

Sac State 27-24 Weber — I don't think Weber will quite have an answer for Cameron Skattebo

Montana St. 38-21 NAU — The 'Cats surprisingly haven't won in Flagstaff since 2008

Cal Poly 10-38 MontalolThe Griz should win this one comfortably even if Kris Brown does have to play again
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Eastern Washington @ Idaho - This game will be close...for maybe a half. Idaho 45 Eastern 20.

Northern Colorado @ Portland State - Vikings should coast to a victory. Portland St 38 Northern Colorado 28

Montana State @ Northern Arizona - Doubt the altitude slows the Bobcats down. Mont St 40 NAU 17

Cal Poly @ Montana - Griz fans still complain despite winning big. Montana 56 Cal Poly 20

Idaho State @ Davis - Davis gets sweet Revenge. Aggs 61 ISU 17

Sacramento State @ Weber State - It will be cold.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Idaho d. E. Washington 56-13 (Idaho making a late run for an at-large. Will they get it?)

Sac d. Weber 45-32 (Sac makes their case for the 1 seed.)

MT State d. N. Arizona 49-6 (MT State gets ready for the playoffs.)

Portland State d. N. Colorado 31-9 (Vikes are too much for a team that belongs in D-II.)

UC Davis d. ID State 38-10 (The Manure Pile gets it together, but it's too little, too late.)

Montana 70, Cow Poly 0 (The Griz will come out p!$$ed off....)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UI
WSU
MSU
PSU
dungpilers
UM
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:31 amNoCo 21-35 Portland St.The Viks appear to be the best of the rest
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

:mrgreen:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Venus: Your predictions for the last two games look to be well started....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Hornets win the slugfest in Odgen. What a game.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:27 pm Hornets win the slugfest in Odgen. What a game.
I'm told that we overcame some blatant homer officiating at the end....

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:27 pm Hornets win the slugfest in Odgen. What a game.
Do you not watch the games?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:01 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 pm

There's been like one game I've seen on TV this year. I think that was the Griz game on ESPN2. I don't have access to any other video, and now that I'm in Twentynine Palms, I can't go to the games, either, as much as I'd like to....

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:05 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:01 pm

There's been like one game I've seen on TV this year. I think that was the Griz game on ESPN2. I don't have access to any other video, and now that I'm in Twentynine Palms, I can't go to the games, either, as much as I'd like to....
If you have internet, you can buy ESPN+ and watch all the games.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I don't have that kind of money right now. This stuff should really be free, anyway....

JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:39 pm Now on to November. Three weeks to decide all this. Four teams have been setting a strong pace all season and others have not been able to keep up. All the conference teams play this Saturday and there is one really great matchup, the first of many to decide the playoff representation. After going perfect last week, I am now at 54-12 for the year. Another shot at perfection this week. Here goes.

EWU at UI---The Eagles are in a position that they are not used to, one of playing spoiler at this point in the season. To the contrary, the Vandals are settling in to where they anticipated they would be when the dropped down from FBS. Maybe not the blowout that people thought at the start of the year, but a blowout nonetheless...UI 52, EWU 17.

SAC at WSU---Simply put, the Hornets are steamrolling everything in their path and it doesn't matter if they are at home or on the road. But this one will test them. The Wildcats have been doing just enough to keep winning and keep up with the others in the conference. This will be a good one, and may come down to home field...WSU 21, SAC 17.

MSU at NAU---Both the Bobcats and the Lumberjacks took last week off and both are heading in opposite directions. Aside from their foray into the Pac-12, the Bobcats have been winning over good teams and bad. The Lumberjacks on the other hand, have not been getting the wins they were hoping. A trap game for the Bobcats? Nah...MSU 31, NAU 17.

UNC at PSU---The Bears took a week off after getting thumped at home and now must head out on the road. The Vikings got a good conference road win last week against their rivals, but almost let the win slip through their fingers. Both teams have been rather peculiar this season which makes this game hard to pick. Tossup?...PSU 28, UNC 14.

ISU at UCD---The Bengals really did not look impressive in their last game two weeks ago and having the bye may not have been advantageous. On the other hand, the Aggies have sprung to life, hoping to save their season and maybe steal a playoff berth. Could they overlook this matchup that should be overwhelmingly in their favor? Not likely...UCD 42, ISU 10.

CP at UM---After the last few weeks, it is clear the Mustangs have closed up shop and are getting ready for next year. The Grizzlies, however, have been frustrated with a couple losses lately that have set them back a bit. Pent up frustration can be either good or bad, but playing the Mustangs should give the Grizzlies a chance to release some of it...UM 45, CP 10.
5-1 this week. Missed the Sac State/Weber game. I'm now at 59-13 for the year.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Most of the games were easy this week, at least in terms of determining the winner. Everyone got those right. The odd-ball game was SAC-BBQ, and that tripped up two of us, with one recusal. The two perfect prognosticators this week were myself and Venus. However, a quick glance at the predicted spreads shows a clear winner. I went with my heart, as per usual, and so my spreads were a bit off. Venus was quite a bit closer on the vast majority of them, had a bullseye (PSU-UNC), and had the exact spread on the SAC-BBQ game, though with a bit more of a defensive posture for both teams.

Prognosticator of the Week: Venus