Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-8

Post by JALMOND »

Another week of action in the Big Sky and Montana, Idaho and UC Davis are taking the weekend off, while Portland State is binging in a non-conference opponent to their stadium. Five games on tab, and while only one looks to be somewhat close, time has shown not to discount the other ones. I am currently at 37-8, after having a perfect week last week. Perfection is nice and let's see if I can do it again. Here are the games on the schedule for this week. All are on Saturday.

CP at NAU---The Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for the slaughter they endured last week while the Lumberjacks took one on the chin. Two teams heading down and looking to right the ship, but only one will have a shot at salvaging the season...NAU 28, CP 10.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals gave the mighty Grizzlies all they could handle at home last week, but now they have to head out on the road into hostile territory to face the other Montana team. The Bobcats showed on national TV last week how they play football and it is hard to stop...MSU 38, ISU 17.

Lincoln, CA (DII) at PSU---The Vikings felt good about getting a win last week after a murderous September, playing three road games. Speaking of road games, they bring in an opponent that does not have a home stadium and plays all their games on the road. Makes it difficult to win...PSU 49, Lincoln, CA 7.

EWU at WSU---Hard to think this may be a must win for the Eagles, and coming off a short week and a trip across the country, just to hit the road again, may be a tall order. The Wildcats don't mind as they had two weeks to prepare for this statement game...WSU 31, EWU 14.

UNC at SAC---After their opening week debacle, the Bears actually have looked relatively competitive and may see some good coming up in the coming seasons. But this week, they head out on the road to play a determined Hornet team thinking this is their year...SAC 38, UNC 17.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-8

Post by SuperHornet »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 pmLincoln, CA (DII) at PSU---The Vikings felt good about getting a win last week after a murderous September, playing three road games. Speaking of road games, they bring in an opponent that does not have a home stadium and plays all their games on the road. Makes it difficult to win...PSU 49, Lincoln, CA 7.
That's called barnstorming, JAL.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

N. Arizona d. Cow Poly 35-6
MT State d. ID State 56-13
Portland State d. Lincoln (CA) 49-0
BBQ d. EWU 34-24
Sac d. N. Colorado 45-9
Griz BYE

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Saturday

NoCo 21-51 Sac StateThe Bears are 2-13 all-time against Sac State :ohno:

EWU 20-37 WeberBye week, home game, opponent on a short week… the Wildcats should cruise

Cal Poly 20-28 NAUIf the 'Jacks lose this, they will likely go winless in the Skydome this year

Idaho St. 17-49 Montana St.The Bobcats could probably run for 500 yards in this one if they really want to

Lincoln (CA) 10-59 Portland St.The Oaklanders' lost to Central Washington 92-0 last year :?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

NAU
MSU
PSU
WSU
Sac
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 pm Another week of action in the Big Sky and Montana, Idaho and UC Davis are taking the weekend off, while Portland State is binging in a non-conference opponent to their stadium. Five games on tab, and while only one looks to be somewhat close, time has shown not to discount the other ones. I am currently at 37-8, after having a perfect week last week. Perfection is nice and let's see if I can do it again. Here are the games on the schedule for this week. All are on Saturday.

CP at NAU---The Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for the slaughter they endured last week while the Lumberjacks took one on the chin. Two teams heading down and looking to right the ship, but only one will have a shot at salvaging the season...NAU 28, CP 10.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals gave the mighty Grizzlies all they could handle at home last week, but now they have to head out on the road into hostile territory to face the other Montana team. The Bobcats showed on national TV last week how they play football and it is hard to stop...MSU 38, ISU 17.

Lincoln, CA (DII) at PSU---The Vikings felt good about getting a win last week after a murderous September, playing three road games. Speaking of road games, they bring in an opponent that does not have a home stadium and plays all their games on the road. Makes it difficult to win...PSU 49, Lincoln, CA 7.

EWU at WSU---Hard to think this may be a must win for the Eagles, and coming off a short week and a trip across the country, just to hit the road again, may be a tall order. The Wildcats don't mind as they had two weeks to prepare for this statement game...WSU 31, EWU 14.

UNC at SAC---After their opening week debacle, the Bears actually have looked relatively competitive and may see some good coming up in the coming seasons. But this week, they head out on the road to play a determined Hornet team thinking this is their year...SAC 38, UNC 17.
Perfect 5-0, puts me at 42-8 for the year.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Kind of odd to have a Big Sky week where nothing remotely surprising happens.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:37 am Kind of odd to have a Big Sky week where nothing remotely surprising happens.
Everything did go pretty much according to form. Maybe that NAU needed a FG late to get the home win over Cal Poly might have surprised a few.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Prognosticator Comparisons

5 MT State vs. ID State

JAL: MT State 38-17
SDH: MT State win
Venus: MT State 49-17
SH: MT State 56-13
Actual: 5 MT State d. ID State 37-6
Closest: JAL

NAU vs. Cal Poly

JAL: NAU 28-10
SDH: NAU win
Venus: NAU 28-20
SH: 35-6
Actual: N. Arizona d. Cal Poly 31-29
Closest: Venus

Portland State vs. Lincoln (CA)

JAL: PSU 49-7
SDH: PSU win
Venus: PSU 59-10
SH: PSU 49-0
Actual: Portland State d. Lincoln (CA) 48-6
Closest: JAL

7 Weber State vs. 21 E. Washington

JAL: BBQ 31-14
SDH: BBQ win
Venus: BBQ 37-20
SH: BBQ 34-24
Actual: 7 Weber State d. 21 E. Washington 45-21
Closest: Venus

4 Sacramento State vs. N. Colorado

JAL: SAC 38-17
SDH: SAC win
Venus: SAC 51-21
SH: SAC 45-9
Actual: 4 Sacramento State d. N. Colorado 55-7
Closest: SH (but VERY close with Venus)

Montana BYE

Prognotsicator of the Week: Venus (JAL a very close second)

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:47 am Prognotsicator of the Week: Venus (JAL a very close second)
:thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:37 am Kind of odd to have a Big Sky week where nothing remotely surprising happens.
Agreed.