Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-1

Post by JALMOND »

After last week had some interesting matchups, this week is shaping up to be a little bit easier in making picks. But, all games are tough and the conference can surprise so what seems like a sure thing could be anything but. After last week, I am at 31-8 so far. Everyone plays this weekend except for Weber State. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at Florida (FBS SEC)---Game moved to Sunday due to Hurricane Ian. The Eagles step out of conference and literally into the eye of the storm as they move up to SEC competition. It may be tough to stay competitive...Florida 55, EWU 7.

UM at ISU---Will anything slow the Grizzlies down? Do the Bengals have a chance? It is in the Bengals' home dome so there is that. And the score is 0-0 now, but that should change quickly...UM 31, ISU 7.

NAU at PSU---Defense is the name of the game for both the Lumberjacks and the Vikings, as the offenses really have not sparkled yet this year. Will the offenses come to life or will defense decide it?...PSU 21, NAU 14.

SAC at CP---The Hornets are flying high, not only with a win in Missouri Valley country, but also getting an FBS scalp last week. Is it time for a letdown? Be careful, the Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for this...SAC 28, CP 21.

UNC at UI---Just how for real are the Bears after good outings the last two weeks? Just how for real are the Vandals after two good games themselves? Maybe a bit better than the Bears...UI 31, UNC 10.

UCD at MSU---The Aggies have been coming so close but not getting any wins, except for the one over San Diego. The Bobcats are hoping for some pieces to come back this game to allow for piece of mind...MSU 21, UCD 12.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-1

Post by AZGrizFan »

The Griz/ISU spread is 35.5 and ISU is on their third string QB. Griz have scored over 40 every game. I’m thinking more like 45-7.

Also, i don’t think CP hangs with sac. That game could get ugly in Sac’s favor.

I think UCD beats MSU. Their entire season is on the line here.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU d. Spurriers 42-31

Griz d. ID State 63-6

NAU d. Portland State 31-28

Sac d. Cow Poly 70-0

UNC d. Idalol 31-24

MT State d. Manure Pile 35-0

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 pm The Griz/ISU spread is 35.5 and ISU is on their third string QB. Griz have scored over 40 every game. I’m thinking more like 45-7.

Plus Idaho State doesnt have a defense to speak of. Id be surprised if Montana doesn't score 60
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Saturday

NAU 21-24 Portland St.Probably comes down to how healthy Dante Chachere is

Sac State 48-21 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs will limp back to their locker room thinking "We would definitely beat Colorado State!" :lol:

NoCo 10-31 IdahoNot all 2-2 teams are created equal

Montana 48-10 Idaho St. — Will we see another Horseshoe Effect game in Pocatello like we did in 2009?

Davis 14-24 Montana St.Davis is 3/9 on field goals this season, could be important…

Sunday

EWU 21-55 Flor-Ida French FriesEastern fans better hope the London NFL game is close so fans won't switch to the SEC Network :?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UF
UM
PSU
Sac
UI
dungpilers
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Florida
Montana
NAU
Sac
Z's college
Montana St
:thumb:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 pm The Griz/ISU spread is 35.5 and ISU is on their third string QB. Griz have scored over 40 every game. I’m thinking more like 45-7.

Montana only put up like 24 on SoDak
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:14 pmWill we see another Horseshoe Effect game in Pocatello like we did in 2009?
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Vidav wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Montana only put up like 24 on SoDak
This game looked a lot like the Sodak game….so many missed opportunities to put them away.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

How's it looking for Edubooo today?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:38 am How's it looking for Edubooo today?
Mostly sunny and profitable.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:34 pm After last week had some interesting matchups, this week is shaping up to be a little bit easier in making picks. But, all games are tough and the conference can surprise so what seems like a sure thing could be anything but. After last week, I am at 31-8 so far. Everyone plays this weekend except for Weber State. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at Florida (FBS SEC)---Game moved to Sunday due to Hurricane Ian. The Eagles step out of conference and literally into the eye of the storm as they move up to SEC competition. It may be tough to stay competitive...Florida 55, EWU 7.

UM at ISU---Will anything slow the Grizzlies down? Do the Bengals have a chance? It is in the Bengals' home dome so there is that. And the score is 0-0 now, but that should change quickly...UM 31, ISU 7.

NAU at PSU---Defense is the name of the game for both the Lumberjacks and the Vikings, as the offenses really have not sparkled yet this year. Will the offenses come to life or will defense decide it?...PSU 21, NAU 14.

SAC at CP---The Hornets are flying high, not only with a win in Missouri Valley country, but also getting an FBS scalp last week. Is it time for a letdown? Be careful, the Mustangs had two weeks to prepare for this...SAC 28, CP 21.

UNC at UI---Just how for real are the Bears after good outings the last two weeks? Just how for real are the Vandals after two good games themselves? Maybe a bit better than the Bears...UI 31, UNC 10.

UCD at MSU---The Aggies have been coming so close but not getting any wins, except for the one over San Diego. The Bobcats are hoping for some pieces to come back this game to allow for piece of mind...MSU 21, UCD 12.
Perfection achieved. :thumb:

37-8 for the year.
VandalBasher

Post by VandalBasher »

Another week I am grateful that SuperHornet was wrong.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:57 am

Plus Idaho State doesnt have a defense to speak of. Id be surprised if Montana doesn't score 60

I am surprised. Just in case anyone was interested
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

VandalBasher wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:31 pm Another week I am grateful that SuperHornet was wrong.
I never claimed to be perfect. There's only been one perfect Man, and I'm not Him....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.