Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Bii Sky Power Rankings 9-26

Post by JALMOND »

The opening weekend of conference play for most teams was last week and, because of the matchups, some interesting teams at 1-0 and some at 0-1. That said, Sacramento State did not open their conference schedule, but rather took down FBS Colorado State for the conference's second win over the FBS. This week, Weber State is off and Eastern Washington tentatively has a game scheduled at Florida that may get cancelled due to the hurricane (it is on as of now). Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). All open for discussion.

1. Montana (1)---Last week beat Portland State at home 53-16, this week at Idaho State---A little hiccup to start the game last week, but then the Grizzlies got it rolling, getting a good opening conference win. They go on the road for the second time all year, with a game that on paper should be an easy win, but in a place that isn't all that easy to win.

2. Weber State (2)---Last week won at UC Davis 17-12, this week bye---The Wildcats have a defense that has shown to be tough, even when the offense may be struggling at times like last week where they got a great conference road win. They will take this week off, giving themselves two weeks to prepare for a game Eastern Washington squad.

3. Sacramento State (4)---Last week won at Colorado State (FBS Mtn West) 41-10, this week at Cal Poly---The conference got another win over the FBS Mountain West conference as the Hornets flexed their muscles and destroyed Colorado State. Flying high after this week, they start their conference season on the road with what should be an easy game.

4. Montana State (3)---Last week won at Eastern Washington 38-35, this week UC Davis at home---The Bobcats got a good conference road win last week in one of the toughest places to play in conference. Some of the heavies in the conference get a little bit of a break this week, but the Bobcats have another tough foe, this time at their place.

5. UC Davis (5)---Last week lost to Weber State at home 17-12, this week at Montana State---The Aggies defense tried to keep the team poised for a win last week, but the offense had trouble all day trying to score. A tough game to lose, they now have to head into Big Sky Country to try to keep their hopes for a good season alive.

6. Idaho (7)---Last week won at Northern Arizona 27-10, this week Northern Colorado at home---The surprising Vandals kept their positive mojo moving with a superb road win at altitude last week. Eager to keep their season moving, they are hoping for an easy game against an easy opponent in their home dome. But how easy will it be?

7. Eastern Washington (6)---Last week lost to Montana State at home 38-35, this week at Florida (FBS SEC)---After a really painful home loss to start the conference season, the Eagles now have to go across the country into SEC land, provided that the hurricane holds off so they can get there and play. So far, all things are go, but will the Eagles be ready?

8. Northern Arizona (8)---Last week lost to Idaho at home 27-10, this week at Portland State---The Lumberjacks could not muster anything against one of the more surprising teams so far in the conference and they took a hard home conference loss to the books. They now hit the road, hoping for a win to get their season back on track.

9. Portland State (9)---Last week lost at Montana 53-16, this week Northern Arizona at home---Having two weeks to prepare for the biggest game so far on their schedule, the Vikings hit first, then ran away. No running this week as they have a more formidable foe coming in to town. They can't be dropping home games if they want to succeed.

10. Northern Colorado (10)---last week beat Idaho State at home 35-14, this week at Idaho---The Bears did what they were supposed to do which was to hold serve on their home field. They are hoping they can complete the Idaho weekly double, but going on the road to the terrible dome is not something that will come easy.

11. Cal Poly (11)---Last week bye, this week Sacramento State at home---The Mustangs had last week off which means they get to open their conference season this week at home. They all saw the big conference scalp last week and they are eager to take their turn at starting the season off with a good home win.

12. Idaho State (12)---Last week lost at Northern Colorado 35-14, this week Montana at home---This season is only one week old, but it is emerging as a long season for the Bengals who couldn't close the door and get a win last week. Now their reward is playing the hottest team in the conference. But strange things have happened in their dome.

RECAP: 1-5 flying, 6-7 trying to hold on, 8-10 falling, 11-12 fell off.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Bii Sky Power Rankings 9-26

Post by AZGrizFan »

UC Davis can’t afford to lose another game. And that’s a big ask.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

1. Sac
2. BBQ
3. Griz
4. MT State
5. EWU
6. Idalol
7. NAU
8. UNC
9. PSU
10. ID State
11. Manure Pile

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 pm 1. Sac
2. BBQ
3. Griz
4. MT State
5. EWU
6. Idalol
7. NAU
8. UNC
9. PSU
10. ID State
11. Manure Pile
Poly doesn't deserve a mention? :suspicious:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

JALMOND wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:22 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 pm 1. Sac
2. BBQ
3. Griz
4. MT State
5. EWU
6. Idalol
7. NAU
8. UNC
9. PSU
10. ID State
11. Manure Pile
Poly doesn't deserve a mention? :suspicious:
:doh:

11. Cow Poly
12. Manure Pile....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Weber has now won a school record 7 straight road games and 21 of their last 23 roadies against Big Sky foes.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 am Weber has now won a school record 7 straight road games and 21 of their last 23 roadies against Big Sky foes.
:cough: nobody cares.

Weber SUCKS!
:coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:27 pm
Wildcat Ryan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 am Weber has now won a school record 7 straight road games and 21 of their last 23 roadies against Big Sky foes.
:cough: nobody cares.

Weber SUCKS!
:coffee:

If Weber sucks then I'd hate to think what that makes Eastern :rofl:
Last edited by Wildcat Ryan on Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Does the thread title mean that Big Sky teams go both ways?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:50 pm Does the thread title mean that Big Sky teams go both ways?
Didn't notice until now. :lol:

:thumb:

oops :oops:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Montana St
Montana
Sac St all top 5
Weber St top 10
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:54 pm Montana St
Montana
Sac St all top 5
Weber St top 10
UNDSU would own this conference, amirite???
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:17 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:54 pm Montana St
Montana
Sac St all top 5
Weber St top 10
UNDSU would own this conference, amirite???
We'll find out in December. We are lacking experience on defense, line and linebackers.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

1. Weber
2. Sac State
3 - 12: Everyone else