Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-24

Post by JALMOND »

Aside from Cal Poly and Sacramento State, conference play starts for everyone else this weekend and there are some powerful matchups right off the bat in conference. When the dust settles Saturday night, there are going to be some happy teams at 1-0 and some upset teams at 0-1. That is just how it is in the Big Sky, especially this year. After last week, I am at 27-6 for the year. Here's my shot at perfection this weekend.

MSU at EWU---The Bobcats are coming off their Pac-12 beatdown last week while the Eagles have had two weeks to recover from their Pac-12 beatdown. The Bobcats have looked tough early on against the FCS, but this game will be a tough test. The Eagles had two weeks to prepare and they are at home...EWU 25, MSU 23.

UI at NAU---The only Big Sky team to stay within a touchdown of the Pac-12, the Vandals start conference play on the road against the Lumberjacks, who took an FCS win on the road but lost at home. Both teams are capable of surprising people this season so one team isn't going to be happy come Sunday...UI 27, NAU 17.

ISU at UNC---The Bengals followed up their two Mountain West games with a home loss in their return to the FCS. They head into the Bears' den to face a team that is playing much better after their ugly loss the first game of the season. Not much expected from either team so 1-0 will be a great start...UNC 21, ISU 14.

WSU at UCD---Another great opening battle between two of the conference heavyweights who have looked good so far. The Wildcats have laid claim to the top of Utah college football, while the Aggies took one of FCS's top teams to the wire on the road a couple weeks back. The loser will have a tough road back...UCD 21, WSU 19.

PSU at UM---What do we know here? The Vikings have played two games against the FBS and lost. The Grizzlies have played three games against the FCS and won. The Vikings have had two weeks to recover from a Pac-12 slaughter while the Grizzlies looked just as impressive on the road as at home. Who wins?...UM 28, PSU 14.

SAC at Colorado State (FBS Mtn West)---The Hornets will not start conference play until next week, but they look to follow up their strong win last week with a step up to the FBS level. The Big Sky has fared much better over the Mountain West than the Pac-12, and the Hornets should be able to keep this close. But win?...SAC 28, Colorado State 14.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-24

Post by AZGrizFan »

I don’t think UCD beats Weber. I DO think Sac beats CSU.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU d. Kitties 42-31
NAU d. Idalol 49-10
UNC d. ID State 10-0
BBQ d. Manure Pile 56-0
Griz d. PSU 31-13
Sac d. CO State 45-23

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana St. 38-31 EWU — Even with no running backs, the 'Cats should be able to move the ball on a team allowing 575.5 ypg

Weber 24-13 Davis — The Wildcats get revenge for last year's phantom PI call

Idaho 24-28 NAUI guess I'll go with the Walkup Skydome one more time

Portland St. 14-31 MontanaPSU seems like a bit of a mystery at this point

Idaho St. 17-27 NoCoWhen in doubt, go with Nottingham Field ;)

Sac State 31-24 Colorado St. — Already terrible CSU saw their second-leading receiver quit the team this week
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:41 pm Montana St. 38-31 EWU — Even with no running backs, the 'Cats should be able to move the ball on a team allowing 575.5 ypg

Sac State 31-24 Colorado St. — Already terrible CSU saw their second-leading receiver quit the team this week

That phantom PI call still makes me upset. As does the bogus roughing the passer call on an intercepted pass that ended up giving UCD 3 points.

Im not one to blame refs for games but something was really fishy about that one. UCD got called for 1 penalty the whole game. A 5 yard false start.

Hopefully this team remembers that one.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Lots of toss ups, I went with the home team in those.

MSU
NAU
UNC
WSU
UM
Sac
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:30 pm I don’t think UCD beats Weber. I DO think Sac beats CSU.
Thanks for the jinx. :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:12 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:41 pm Montana St. 38-31 EWU — Even with no running backs, the 'Cats should be able to move the ball on a team allowing 575.5 ypg

That phantom PI call still makes me upset. As does the bogus roughing the passer call on an intercepted pass that ended up giving UCD 3 points.

Im not one to blame refs for games but something was really fishy about that one. UCD got called for 1 penalty the whole game. A 5 yard false start.

Hopefully this team remembers that one.
I think Webers D dominates this one. The dungpilers score at SDSU was close, but that game was really in hand and SDSU did everything in their power to try and lose it (late fumble and failure to recover an on-side that gifted them with 2 late TDs). Overall I'm not impressed with the gimmick offense that the dungpilers run, which is a shame considering the stud they have in Gilliam.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:02 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:30 pm I don’t think UCD beats Weber. I DO think Sac beats CSU.
:lol: :lol: Anything I can do to help, bro.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:33 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:02 am

hey SD, fuck you bro. That game was a stone cold LOCK after my prediction! :lol:
VandalBasher

Post by VandalBasher »

I’m glad many of you were incorrect this week.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

VandalBasher wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:21 pm I’m glad many of you were incorrect this week.

That Vandal Defense looking legit so far. That was a good win in a place that's hard to win at.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:27 pm Aside from Cal Poly and Sacramento State, conference play starts for everyone else this weekend and there are some powerful matchups right off the bat in conference. When the dust settles Saturday night, there are going to be some happy teams at 1-0 and some upset teams at 0-1. That is just how it is in the Big Sky, especially this year. After last week, I am at 27-6 for the year. Here's my shot at perfection this weekend.

MSU at EWU---The Bobcats are coming off their Pac-12 beatdown last week while the Eagles have had two weeks to recover from their Pac-12 beatdown. The Bobcats have looked tough early on against the FCS, but this game will be a tough test. The Eagles had two weeks to prepare and they are at home...EWU 25, MSU 23.

UI at NAU---The only Big Sky team to stay within a touchdown of the Pac-12, the Vandals start conference play on the road against the Lumberjacks, who took an FCS win on the road but lost at home. Both teams are capable of surprising people this season so one team isn't going to be happy come Sunday...UI 27, NAU 17.

ISU at UNC---The Bengals followed up their two Mountain West games with a home loss in their return to the FCS. They head into the Bears' den to face a team that is playing much better after their ugly loss the first game of the season. Not much expected from either team so 1-0 will be a great start...UNC 21, ISU 14.

WSU at UCD---Another great opening battle between two of the conference heavyweights who have looked good so far. The Wildcats have laid claim to the top of Utah college football, while the Aggies took one of FCS's top teams to the wire on the road a couple weeks back. The loser will have a tough road back...UCD 21, WSU 19.

PSU at UM---What do we know here? The Vikings have played two games against the FBS and lost. The Grizzlies have played three games against the FCS and won. The Vikings have had two weeks to recover from a Pac-12 slaughter while the Grizzlies looked just as impressive on the road as at home. Who wins?...UM 28, PSU 14.

SAC at Colorado State (FBS Mtn West)---The Hornets will not start conference play until next week, but they look to follow up their strong win last week with a step up to the FBS level. The Big Sky has fared much better over the Mountain West than the Pac-12, and the Hornets should be able to keep this close. But win?...SAC 28, Colorado State 14.
4-2 this week, puts me at 31-8 for the year. :oops:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:29 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:33 am

hey SD, fuck you bro. That game was a stone cold LOCK after my prediction! :lol:
Yeah we beat the shit out of CSU. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

VandalBasher wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:21 pm I’m glad many of you were incorrect this week.
Good road win. NAU looking like a bottom feeder at this point, though they would be more middle of the road. Credit to your Vandals though, they hung tough with P12 opponents and took care of business yesterday. :thumb: