Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky predictions 9-1 and 9-3

Post by JALMOND »

Sitting at 1-0 after week 0. I need to see if my perfection will continue through week 1.

9-1

Western Oregon (DII) at WSU---Looking to stay in the upper tier of the conference, the Wildcats bring in a decent Division II opponent. The key phrase is "Division II"...WSU 38, Western Oregon 10.

NAU at Arizona State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks beat their other Pac-12 brethren, Arizona, last year and are looking to get a win here. But Arizona State is just a bit better...Arizona State 35, NAU 20.

CP at Fresno State (FBS, Mtn West)---One of these days, the Mustangs should be able to rise through the conference standings and have a good showing against the FBS. Unfortunately, not this year...Fresno State 38, CP 7.

PSU at San Jose State (FBS, Mtn West)---Needing some burning questions to be answered, the Vikings venture out for the first of two FBS opponents. This one is the easy one, but still not really easy...San Jose State 38, PSU 21.

9-3

Tennessee State (Ohio Valley) at EWU---Eager to get back to the upper tier of the conference, the Eagles bring in a HBCU from the Ohio Valley to the raging Inferno. Good test?...EWU 41, Tennessee State 10.

Houston Baptist (Southland) at UNC---The Bears seemed to be making the least amount of noise in the offseason, but they brought in almost a whole new team. The schedule will get difficult but for now...UNC 24, Houston Baptist 10.

Northwestern State (Southland) at UM---The Grizzlies get a chance to hit someone else other than themselves. Questions surround the team, but this should be an easy way to start...UM 31, Northwestern State 10.

UCD at California (FBS, Pac-12)---The Aggies are eager to stay near the top of the conference this season and a chic pick to start the year has them winning this game. A tall order against the Pac-12...California 31, UCD 17.

McNeese State (Southland) at MSU---Wanting to show that last year was no fluke, the Bobcats bring in a team from the Southland to jumpstart the year. A good way to go...MSU 35, McNeese State 20.

Utah Tech (WAC) at SAC---The Hornets will be trying to build from their success last year and hope to once again start the year with a win. Things will get more difficult but for now...SAC 27, Utah Tech 17.

UI at Washington State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Vandals do not have to go very far (10 miles) for this step up into Pac-12 territory. They would love to rule the Palouse, but winning will be tough...Washington State 38, UI 10.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky predictions 9-1 and 9-3

Post by SDHornet »

9-1
Weebs
ASU
Fresno
SJSU (PSU can be a solid team if they find a QB)

9-3
EWU
UNC
UM
Cal
MSU
Sac
Wazzu
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Thursday

Portland St. 20-41 SJSUThe Viks don't even get to play at "home" until October

Cal Poly 14-53 FresnoNot quite as ugly as last year

Whoa!-regon 7-37 WeberThe Wildcats won't have to wait until November to win a home game this time

NAU 24-44 Arizona St.The 'Jacks want to make history again, but none of their modern meetings with ASU have been closer than 17 points

Saturday

Tennessee St. 17-34 EWUEddie George visits the red field

Davis 20-35 CalCal's last 4 Big Sky wins were all by between 12 and 22 points

Not Dixie 13-45 SacNot quite as close as last year

Idalol 10-42 WazzuCan Idaho win the Battle of the Palouse for the first time in 22 years? No, no they can't…

NW State 6-37 MontanaSince these two teams last met in the 2004 first round, the Demons have had 1 winning season

McNeese 13-30 Montana St.It's Southland Day in Montana…

Houston Baptist 23-37 NoCoScrubbing Bubbles presents the Toilet Bowl Game of the Week!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:29 pm 9-1
Weebs
ASU
Fresno
SJSU (PSU can be a solid team if they find a QB)

9-3
EWU
UNC
UM
Cal
MSU
Sac
Wazzu
100% correct. :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CP and PSU both with a respectable 1st half. Barnum ball leaving 3 points on the field at the end of the 1st half in a 14-7 game. :ohno: :dunce:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I think PSU has the better chance. There are some deficiencies in CP's play and in their formation design that give me pause. They also tell me that the Hornets are going to demolish them next month.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I know I'm a little late for tonight's games, but here goes:

THU

Portland State d. San Jose State 31-27
Fresno State d. Cow Poly 42-13
I'll bow out of the Weber game because that's already over.
AZ State d. NAU 56-27

SAT

EWU d. TN State 49-3
Cal d. Manure Pile 56-10
Sac State d. UT Tech 63-0
Wazzu d. Idalol 21-0
Montana d. Northwestern State 45-15
McNeese State d. MT State 28-24
Houston Baptist d. N. Colorado 35-6

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:05 pm Sitting at 1-0 after week 0. I need to see if my perfection will continue through week 1.

9-1

Western Oregon (DII) at WSU---Looking to stay in the upper tier of the conference, the Wildcats bring in a decent Division II opponent. The key phrase is "Division II"...WSU 38, Western Oregon 10.

NAU at Arizona State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks beat their other Pac-12 brethren, Arizona, last year and are looking to get a win here. But Arizona State is just a bit better...Arizona State 35, NAU 20.

CP at Fresno State (FBS, Mtn West)---One of these days, the Mustangs should be able to rise through the conference standings and have a good showing against the FBS. Unfortunately, not this year...Fresno State 38, CP 7.

PSU at San Jose State (FBS, Mtn West)---Needing some burning questions to be answered, the Vikings venture out for the first of two FBS opponents. This one is the easy one, but still not really easy...San Jose State 38, PSU 21.

9-3

Tennessee State (Ohio Valley) at EWU---Eager to get back to the upper tier of the conference, the Eagles bring in a HBCU from the Ohio Valley to the raging Inferno. Good test?...EWU 41, Tennessee State 10.

Houston Baptist (Southland) at UNC---The Bears seemed to be making the least amount of noise in the offseason, but they brought in almost a whole new team. The schedule will get difficult but for now...UNC 24, Houston Baptist 10.

Northwestern State (Southland) at UM---The Grizzlies get a chance to hit someone else other than themselves. Questions surround the team, but this should be an easy way to start...UM 31, Northwestern State 10.

UCD at California (FBS, Pac-12)---The Aggies are eager to stay near the top of the conference this season and a chic pick to start the year has them winning this game. A tall order against the Pac-12...California 31, UCD 17.

McNeese State (Southland) at MSU---Wanting to show that last year was no fluke, the Bobcats bring in a team from the Southland to jumpstart the year. A good way to go...MSU 35, McNeese State 20.

Utah Tech (WAC) at SAC---The Hornets will be trying to build from their success last year and hope to once again start the year with a win. Things will get more difficult but for now...SAC 27, Utah Tech 17.

UI at Washington State (FBS, Pac-12)---The Vandals do not have to go very far (10 miles) for this step up into Pac-12 territory. They would love to rule the Palouse, but winning will be tough...Washington State 38, UI 10.
I only missed the Northern Colorado game. 11-1 to start the year.