Big Sky Predictions (2022)

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions (2022)

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Montana State__________8-0____10-1_____ If they can put up any sort of passing game at all, the Bobcats should be fine
    2. Weber State____________7-1_____9-2_____ They have to go to Bozeman, but the Wildcats get Eastern, Sac, and Montana all at home
    3. Sacramento State ______7-1_____9-2_____ Troy Taylor is 15-1 in Big Sky play, and his 2022 offense is loaded
    4. Montana _______________5-3_____8-3_____ The Griz have so much talent on defense, but their only real offensive star is a RB that hasn't played in 3 years :?
    5. Northern Arizona ______5-3_____6-5_____ The playoffs are possible if Martinez & Daniels can stay healthy
    6. Eastern Washington____4-4_____5-6_____ A solid team that could easily be 1-5 in the middle of October :?
    7. Idaho___________________4-4_____5-6_____ I can only imagine the relief one must get from having a Petrino lifted off their shoulders…
    8. UC Davis ______________4-4_____5-6_____ The Aggies were a legit playoff team last September, but I expect this year's squad to perform more like the Oct./Nov. version
    9. Portland State__________1-7_____2-9_____ The Viks just aren't good enough to survive a schedule this difficult
    10.Cal Poly _______________1-7_____2-9_____ The 'Stangs should be improved (at least on offense), but they have a long way to go
    11.Northern Colorado_____1-7_____2-9_____ Does Costco sell clipboards?
    12.Idaho State ____________1-7_____1-10____ The Bengals are just as bad as NoCo, but they at least have some hope for the future
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Re: Big Sky Predictions (2022)

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

The unbalanced schedules (and home/road quirks) made my standings prediction somewhat different than the power rankings I came up with before picking the schedules:

1. Montana St.
2. Sac State
3. Montana
4. Weber
5. EWU
6. NAU
7. Davis
8. Portland St.
9. Idaho
10. Cal Poly
11. Idaho St.
12. Northern Colorado
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Nice. Who do you have beating Sac? And why do you have EWU down that far?

1. Sac State 11-0/8-0
2. EWU
3. Montana
4. BBQ
5. MSU

And then it gets dicey...but I think it might go something like this:

6. NAU
7. Manure Pile
8. PSU
9. Idalol
10. Cow Poly
11. ISU
12. UNC

I think UNC might well be a threat to go oh-fer....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:11 pm Nice. Who do you have beating Sac? And why do you have EWU down that far?

1. Sac State 11-0/8-0
2. EWU
3. Montana
4. BBQ
5. MSU
I have Sac losing to Weber (& UNI).

As for Eastern, here's their Week 2-7 schedule:

@ Oregon
(bye)
vs. MSU
@ Florida
@ Weber
vs. Sac
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:10 pm
  • 1. Montana State__________8-0____10-1_____ If they can put up any sort of passing game at all, the Bobcats should be fine
    2. Weber State____________7-1_____9-2_____ They have to go to Bozeman, but the Wildcats get Eastern, Sac, and Montana all at home
    3. Sacramento State ______7-1_____9-2_____ Troy Taylor is 15-1 in Big Sky play, and his 2022 offense is loaded
    4. Montana _______________5-3_____8-3_____ The Griz have so much talent on defense, but their only real offensive star is a RB that hasn't played in 3 years :?
    5. Northern Arizona ______5-3_____6-5_____ The playoffs are possible if Martinez & Daniels can stay healthy
    6. Eastern Washington____4-4_____5-6_____ A solid team that could easily be 1-5 in the middle of October :?
    7. Idaho___________________4-4_____5-6_____ I can only imagine the relief one must get from having a Petrino lifted off their shoulders…
    8. UC Davis ______________4-4_____5-6_____ The Aggies were a legit playoff team last September, but I expect this year's squad to perform more like the Oct./Nov. version
    9. Portland State__________1-7_____2-9_____ The Viks just aren't good enough to survive a schedule this difficult
    10.Cal Poly _______________1-7_____2-9_____ The 'Stangs should be improved (at least on offense), but they have a long way to go
    11.Northern Colorado_____1-7_____2-9_____ Does Costco sell clipboards?
    12.Idaho State ____________1-7_____1-10____ The Bengals are just as bad as NoCo, but they at least have some hope for the future
Are you high? Only offensive star is a RB who hasn’t played in 3 years? No love for the Xfer QB from SDSU? No love for Bergen? Childs? Harris? Flowers? Elwell? Roberts? Offensive stars are NOT the problem. The offensive LINE is the problem. Skill positions are rock solid.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:37 pmAre you high? Only offensive star is a RB who hasn’t played in 3 years? No love for the Xfer QB from SDSU? No love for Bergen? Childs? Harris? Flowers? Elwell? Roberts? Offensive stars are NOT the problem. The offensive LINE is the problem. Skill positions are rock solid.
Bergen & Harris have been solid, but they definitely haven't proven themselves to be stars. I'll admit there's potential with those two, at least.
Mitch Roberts is a decent possession WR, but that's it. He is nowhere near as threatening to a defense as Akem was, and the Griz don't seem to have anything close to the Akem/Toure level left.
What has Malik Flowers done on offense? He had a 100-yard game against lousy WIU, but he barely managed 100 yards total the rest of the season.
Childs? What? He ran for 207 and averaged 3.8 ypc. There's, like, 20 returning no-name RBs in the Big Sky with those kind of numbers. :?
And Elwell? He had 8 catches for 67 yards. :suspicious:
Last edited by Mvemjsunpx on Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:37 pmAre you high? Only offensive star is a RB who hasn’t played in 3 years? No love for the Xfer QB from SDSU? No love for Bergen? Childs? Harris? Flowers? Elwell? Roberts? Offensive stars are NOT the problem. The offensive LINE is the problem. Skill positions are rock solid.
Bergen & Harris have been solid, but they definitely haven't proven themselves to be stars.
Mitch Roberts is a decent possession WR, but that's it. He is nowhere near as threatening to a defense as Akem was, and the Griz don't seem to have anything close to the Akem/Toure level left.
What has Malik Flowers done on offense? He had a 100-yard game against lousy WIU, but he barely managed 100 yards total the rest of the season.
Childs? What? He ran for 207 and averaged 3.8 ypc. :?
Bergen was a true freshman. I’d say he’s a star in the making. With Knight back, Harris and Childs and Ostmo all are very, very able backups. True, Flowers hasn’t been given much of a chance, but between him, Roberts, White, Bergen, Simpson and a couple of the new guys i think we’ll be fine if the O-line can keep Johnson upright long enough.

But anyway, to each his own. I’ll take the over on 5-3 :nod: We did better than that with a backup QB and a 5th string RB.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:52 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Bergen & Harris have been solid, but they definitely haven't proven themselves to be stars.
Childs? What? He ran for 207 and averaged 3.8 ypc. :?
Bergen was a true freshman. I’d say he’s a star in the making. With Knight back, Harris and Childs and Ostmo all are very, very able backups. True, Flowers hasn’t been given much of a chance, but between him, Roberts, White, Bergen, Simpson and a couple of the new guys i think we’ll be fine if the O-line can keep Johnson upright long enough.
The Griz running game could be solid (it should be better than last year's sub-par outing, anyway), but I'm very skeptical the Griz O can consistently make defenses pay for crowding the line of scrimmage. If they can't, those road outings against Sac, Weber, and MSU will be very tough.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:05 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:52 pm

The Griz running game could be solid (it should be better than last year's sub-par outing, anyway), but I'm very skeptical the Griz O can consistently make defenses pay for crowding the line of scrimmage. If they can't, those road outings against Sac, Weber, and MSU will be very tough.
We are better at QB and better at RB. About the same at WR. O-line probably a push as well (was never a fan of Beaver, but we’ll miss Cook, I think). The guy we got from Nebraska will help tremendously, but if there are ANY significant injuries on the O-line we’re well and truly fucked.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:12 pm The unbalanced schedules (and home/road quirks) made my standings prediction somewhat different than the power rankings I came up with before picking the schedules:

1. Montana St.
2. Sac State
3. Montana
4. Weber
5. EWU
6. NAU
7. Davis
8. Portland St.
9. Idaho
10. Cal Poly
11. Idaho St.
12. Northern Colorado
After a first pencil on my power rankings, I am finding out that same thing. :D

Overall, good job on these. I always look forward to them. :thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:29 pm
I have Sac losing to Weber (& UNI).
Both reasonable. I happen to disagree, but that's certainly reasonable.
Mvemjsunpx wrote:As for Eastern, here's their Week 2-7 schedule:

@ Oregon
(bye)
vs. MSU
@ Florida
@ Weber
vs. Sac
:o

I had no clue. That's ALMOST as bad as the opening games for UOP back in '95 (right before the school pulled the plug on football). Of course, it MUST be said that the sixth string quarterback was flagged for excessive celebration when UOP scored as the clock expired to beat San Jose State; he started a dogpile in the end zone after abandoning the phone cords. ROFL....

(3-8, 2-4 Big West)

02 SEP @ AZ L 9-41
09 SEP OR STATE W 23-10
16 SEP at Fresno State L 24-56
23 SEP at #2 Nebraska L 7-49
30 SEP BYE
07 OCT at #17 Oregon L 7-45
14 OCT LOUISIANA TECH (HC) W 47-41
21 OCT @ SW Louisiana L 3-45
28 OCT @ San Jose State W 32-30
04 NOV NEW MEXICO STATE L 37-39
11 NOV NEVADA L 29-45
18 NOV @ UT State 22-38

That said, I do believe that EWU will respond to their semi-bodybag schedule in much better fashion than UOP did....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:54 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:12 pm The unbalanced schedules (and home/road quirks) made my standings prediction somewhat different than the power rankings I came up with before picking the schedules:

1. Montana St.
2. Sac State
3. Montana
4. Weber
5. EWU
6. NAU
7. Davis
8. Portland St.
9. Idaho
10. Cal Poly
11. Idaho St.
12. Northern Colorado
After a first pencil on my power rankings, I am finding out that same thing. :D

Overall, good job on these. I always look forward to them. :thumb:
Thanks. :thumb:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:29 pm As for Eastern, here's their Week 1-7 schedule:

vs. Tennessee State
@ Oregon
(bye)
vs. MSU
@ Florida
@ Weber
vs. Sac
Tennessee State - home opener - W
@ Oregon - Possibly an L
(bye)
vs. MSU - At home? W
@ Florida - Possibly an L
@ Weber - Weber State has never pumped fear in Cheney - W
vs. Sac - Neither has Sac State, and EWU is at home. W

The MSU Bobcats (the boss of Montana College Football) won’t be playing at Bobcat Stadium, it’ll be Eastern’s home conference opener, on the Red turf, EAGS win!
Same goes for Sacramento State, no disrespect, but Give EWU more credit.
Tennessee State will probably go down on the Red turf as well!
Nobody is afraid of Weber State.

EWU will probably start off 4-2. Ohh two P5 teams to start the season.. who gives a crap, Eastern will still stomp on the FCS teams, maybe even a win in the Swamp. Sac State and Weber? :lol: I want you guys to start cleaning those dirty, crusty meth pipes at least once a week.
:coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:25 am
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:29 pm As for Eastern, here's their Week 1-7 schedule:

vs. Tennessee State
@ Oregon
(bye)
vs. MSU
@ Florida
@ Weber
vs. Sac
@ Oregon - Possibly an L
(bye)
vs. MSU - At home? W

The MSU Bobcats (the boss of Montana College Football) won’t be playing at Bobcat Stadium, it’ll be Eastern’s home conference opener, on the Red turf, EAGS win!

EWU will probably start off 4-2. Ohh two P5 teams to start the season.. who gives a crap, Eastern will still stomp on the FCS teams, maybe even a win in the Swamp. Sac State and Weber? :lol: I want you guys to start cleaning those dirty, crusty meth pipes at least once a week.
The Griz have scoreboard on both the ‘Scats AND the Beagles, so stick that in your meth pipe and smoke it.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:58 pm

@ Oregon - Possibly an L
(bye)
vs. MSU - At home? W

The Griz have scoreboard on both the ‘Scats AND the Beagles, so stick that in your meth pipe and smoke it.
Listen old man, let go of the past, back when Montana had the best stadium in the conference and won all big games. Montana used to have the most recent National Championship. Eastern Washington has surpassed you and so has Montana State. MSU has the 2nd most beautiful stadium in FCS, the 90’s are gone, EWU & MSU run this conference.

-Bank it. :coffee:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

vs. Tennessee State
@ Oregon
(bye)
vs. MSU
@ Florida
@ Weber
vs. Sac
@ Oregon - Possibly an L
(bye)
vs. MSU - At home? W

Eastern should fear Weber. The Wildcats have had their number.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:58 pm

Listen old man, let go of the past, back when Montana had the best stadium in the conference and won all big games. Montana used to have the most recent National Championship. Eastern Washington has surpassed you and so has Montana State. MSU has the 2nd most beautiful stadium in FCS, the 90’s are gone, EWU & MSU run this conference.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6-5 this year for the Beagles. Bank it.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:36 pm

@ Oregon - Possibly an L
(bye)
vs. MSU - At home? W

Eastern should fear Weber. The Wildcats have had their number.
The Wildcats haven't had many BSC trophies though, that's the problem young guy. By the way, I know you guys built that champions hall or whatever, but that was like 9th on the todo list, behind renovating that ultra_generic_football_stadium.com football field you have up there. Maybe if you guys renovated that generic pos, you'd get the best Mormon recruits out there and win some playoff games.

Don’t force my hand little guy. :coffee:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:17 pm

The Gizz lose in Bozeman. :)
-Bank it :coffee:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

A Big Sky Conference school not named MONTANA brings home the next National Championship. :twisted:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:25 am

The Gizz lose in Bozeman. :)
-Bank it :coffee:
I’ll take that bet. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 am

A Big Sky Conference school not named MONTANA brings home the next National Championship. :twisted:
And this one too. :nod: :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:05 am
BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 am

I would like to as well but it’s tough to bet against BF’s predictions. :lol:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:12 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:05 am

Yup. Lets see you reply to that AZGrizfan, ya rat bastard. Just got my flight booked for Gainesville, I might check out the game in Missoula, when all the EWU fans takeover and fill Wa-Griz Stadium, but I'm afraid of the Montana Monkeypox strain. GoEAGS!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:02 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:12 am

Yup. Lets see you reply to that AZGrizfan, ya rat bastard. Just got my flight booked for Gainesville, I might check out the game in Missoula, when all the EWU fans takeover and fill Wa-Griz Stadium, but I'm afraid of the Montana Monkeypox strain. GoEAGS!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All 15 of you?