Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2022 FCS NFL Draft Prospects

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:51 pm
dal4018 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:33 am

I saw a story about Watson on Google after his work at the Senior Bowl he has caught the eyes of The NY JETS as a future employee he definitely has the physical stature to play at the next level 6'4 211 4.40 too bad he doesn't have the numbers to go along with the talent if he did he would be definite 1ST ROUND CHOICE.
Watson 40 times at the combine, 4.28 and 4.31.

If times hold and projected splits are anywhere near this, Christian Watson could own a 10.00 #RAS, ranking just below Calvin Johnson.

Saw Watson at combine he was flying!!!!!!!!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The big men take to the stage in Indianapolis
Northern Iowa offensive tackle Trevor Penning solidified his reputation as a physical offensive linemen during his week of work in Mobile during Senior Bowl week. But it was a response to a question from Buffalo Bills’ reporter Maddy Glab that perhaps summed up the offensive tackle best. When Glab asked Penning to use three words to describe his style of play, Penning responded as we should have expected:

“Physical. Nasty. Prick.”
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI football wide receiver Isaiah Weston puts up impressive marks at 2022 NFL Combine
Weston was only one of three wide receivers who completed the bench press rotation. He led the field with 20 reps. He was second in the vertical jump with a leap of 40 inches. He tied for second in the standing broad jump, just an inch behind the leader with a jump of 11-feet, 3 inches.
If (big if) he can stay healthy, he's a beast.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:59 pm UNI football wide receiver Isaiah Weston puts up impressive marks at 2022 NFL Combine
Weston was only one of three wide receivers who completed the bench press rotation. He led the field with 20 reps. He was second in the vertical jump with a leap of 40 inches. He tied for second in the standing broad jump, just an inch behind the leader with a jump of 11-feet, 3 inches.
If (big if) he can stay healthy, he's a beast.
Weston has improved his status, nice combine for him.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Hope that pans out to a nice pro career.

Christian Watson is a WR prospect in the 2022 draft class. He scored an unofficial 9.98 RAS at the Combine out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 5 out of 2557 WR from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/WGDb5WvptX #RAS via @Mathbomb pic.twitter.com/WoLREjmUPh

Since the NFL Combine started keeping reliable records in 1987, Watson's composite "Relative Atheltic Score", a metric designed by math wiz and Pride of Detroit contributor Kent Lee Platte, ranks fifth all-time. All time. Ever. In 34 years. Slightly behind the likes of Calvin Johnson and slightly ahead of known freaks Vincent Jackson, Julio Jones, Javon Walker and Andre Johnson.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:19 am Hope that pans out to a nice pro career.

Christian Watson is a WR prospect in the 2022 draft class. He scored an unofficial 9.98 RAS at the Combine out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 5 out of 2557 WR from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/WGDb5WvptX #RAS via @Mathbomb pic.twitter.com/WoLREjmUPh

Since the NFL Combine started keeping reliable records in 1987, Watson's composite "Relative Atheltic Score", a metric designed by math wiz and Pride of Detroit contributor Kent Lee Platte, ranks fifth all-time. All time. Ever. In 34 years. Slightly behind the likes of Calvin Johnson and slightly ahead of known freaks Vincent Jackson, Julio Jones, Javon Walker and Andre Johnson.
He’s getting the love from ESPN too….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Watching this big offensive linemen lumber around the field is comical after the WR’s and TE’s….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Cowboys! PLEASE draft Munchie Filer III and Sarah Fuller. (Yes, I know she's not FCS. Filer IS....)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:31 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:19 am Hope that pans out to a nice pro career.

He’s getting the love from ESPN too….
Mel Kiper University lol
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Kiper has about as much cred as Stephen A.

Which means not all that much. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:38 pm Kiper has about as much cred as Stephen A.

Which means not all that much. SMH....
Point taken Decobie Durant from South Carolina St dropped back to back 4.4s(4.41&4.46) at combine.Troy Anderson of Montana St ran a blazing 4.42 led all linebackers this will help him to shoot up the boards obviously!!!!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

2022 NFL Draft: Trevor Penning headlines five small-school prospects who could land in first three rounds
Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
CBS Sports prospect rank: 42 | Position rank: 9

Penning is going in the first round. He's a 6-foot-7, 325-pound mauler with long arms who had a first-round-caliber workout at the combine. This class features Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu, and Charles Cross as the top three consensus offensive tackles. After that? It's anybody's guess. My guess is Penning is viewed as OT4 by most clubs.
Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State
CBS Sports prospect rank: 110 | Position rank: 10
Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
CBS Sports prospect rank: 53 | Position rank: 8
Matt Waletzko, OT, North Dakota
CBS Sports prospect rank: 315 | Position rank: 63
Cole Strange, IOL, Chattanooga
CBS Sports prospect rank: 123 | Position rank: 27
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Packers might have a couple receivers on their draft board now that Adam's is gone.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:10 am Packers might have a couple receivers on their draft board now that Adam's is gone.
Reunited with ex-college teammate Derek Carr(Fresno St)
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:10 am Packers might have a couple receivers on their draft board now that Adam's is gone.
Watson look out for him
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:40 am 2022 NFL Draft: Trevor Penning headlines five small-school prospects who could land in first three rounds
Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
CBS Sports prospect rank: 42 | Position rank: 9

Penning is going in the first round. He's a 6-foot-7, 325-pound mauler with long arms who had a first-round-caliber workout at the combine. This class features Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu, and Charles Cross as the top three consensus offensive tackles. After that? It's anybody's guess. My guess is Penning is viewed as OT4 by most clubs.
Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State
CBS Sports prospect rank: 110 | Position rank: 10
Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
CBS Sports prospect rank: 53 | Position rank: 8
Matt Waletzko, OT, North Dakota
CBS Sports prospect rank: 315 | Position rank: 63
Cole Strange, IOL, Chattanooga
CBS Sports prospect rank: 123 | Position rank: 27
Anderson if he is taken by the Packers would be shocking they need on defense and his aforementioned 4.4 speed will help somewhere Ray Nitschke is smiling.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 am
Anderson if he is taken by the Packers would be shocking they need on defense and his aforementioned 4.4 speed will help somewhere Ray Nitschke is smiling.
Unless they trade their pick away for Deebo Samuel, Green Bay might be looking at receiver. Maybe Olave.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 am Anderson if he is taken by the Packers would be shocking they need on defense and his aforementioned 4.4 speed will help somewhere Ray Nitschke is smiling.
Unless they trade their pick away for Deebo Samuel, Green Bay might be looking at receiver. Maybe Olave.
They'll have to trade up to get Olave. I think Peter King had them picking the WR from State Penn.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:25 am
Gil Dobie wrote:
They'll have to trade up to get Olave. I think Peter King had them picking the WR from State Penn.

He would be a good pick too.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:25 am They'll have to trade up to get Olave. I think Peter King had them picking the WR from State Penn.

He would be a good pick too.
FMIA: 2022 NFL Mock Draft Features A Top 10 Trade, An Early Wideout Run And A Couple Quarterback Surprises
11. Washington Commanders: Chris Olave, wide receiver, Ohio State
How cool would it be if it fell Wilson-Williams-Olave … teammates at Ohio State in 2019 and 2020 before Williams transferred to Alabama? They combined for 40 touchdowns last season in Columbus and Tuscaloosa. I wish I could figure a way for Olave to fall to Green Bay, because with his precision route-running and vaunted football smarts, he’d be a perfect 2022 fit for Aaron Rodgers. But I can’t see him lasting to the twenties. The fourth of four straight wideouts makes too much sense for Washington, which I think loves Drake London but will be thrilled with the sub-4.4 speed and top football IQ of Olave.
*18. Green Bay Packers: Jahan Dotson, wide receiver, Penn State
*Projected Trade: Eagles trade the 18th pick to the Packers for the 22nd pick and a late third-round pick, 92nd overall.

Surprising for the sixth receiver in the round, if this is how it goes. Dotson is a better version of Randall Cobb, with maybe the best hands in the draft. Started 38 games and had 183 catches at Penn State. The knock on Dotson is he’s not as physically strong as his peers, and he’ll need to be feistier and a little bulkier to be a consistent weapon for Aaron Rodgers.

All along, I tried everything I could to get Chris Olave to the Packers. Barring a huge tradeup that might cost Brian Gutekunst next year’s first-round pick, it’s hard to see one of the top four receivers landing in Green Bay. Dotson’s a good alternative. He’s just not Olave.
28. Green Bay Packers: Arnold Ebiketie, edge, Penn State
This has shades of a late-first-round Penn State riser at edge from last year, Odafe Oweh. Ebiketie, a native of Cameroon, moved to the Washington area when his dad got a job at the Cameroon Embassy. Ebiketie fell in love with football. And now, with the Pack having lost Za’Darius Smith to the casualties of the cap, a promising edge player would fit well.

I do make this proviso: The Packers may need this pick, or one of two in the second round, to move up significantly to take a receiver to replace Davante Adams. This pick could be one of the most interesting in the round because of all the directions GM Brian Gutekunst could go. He could move way up to target a Chris Olave around 10th, or he could (as I predict) move up a lesser number of spots to take a lesser receiver. Green Bay’s a fascinating team in round 1.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Four so far - second round done.

Trevor Penning at #19 to New Orleans (where Cap'n Cat signed on)
Chattanooga's Cole Strange at #29 to New England
NDSU's Christian Watson at #34 to Green Bay
Montana State's Troy Andersen at #58 to Atlanta
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Andersen went before O'Connell?!? That ain't right at all. And where's Filer?!?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:21 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:17 am

He seems like a good kid. Usually walks by us in the parking lot. Watson and Mathis and a few other players park near us for games. On the field, he's one of the receivers that takes pride in blocking.
Mathis at 6'6 200 is somebody that is definitely NFL MATERIAL.
Mathis had a nice TD catch today. Buddy Christian Watson cheering him on from the sidelines.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Watson is in controversy already after dropping a 75 yd bomb vs The Vikings
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:07 am

Watson is in controversy already after dropping a 75 yd bomb vs The Vikings
Why? I'm a Packer fan, and haven't heard about this controversy. He had a nice reverse, and a nice catch later, plus some good blocking during the game. He performed better in his first game than Adams as a rookie in his first game.

Matt LaFleur proud of the way Packers rookie Christian Watson moved on from dropped touchdown