SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2R - South Dakota St. @ #4 Sac State

Post by SDHornet »

uofmman1122 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:42 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 am

Not sure why they weren't going heavy run all 2nd half. They definitely left the door open for the Hornets, we just couldn't take advantage.
Hey, props to you guys. I thought you were gonna get boatraced right out of your own stadium at halftime, but stayed in there and blanked them in the 2nd half.

The worst for you guys was the long bomb that was just off that ended up being a turnover on downs two plays later. In a 5-point game, that's brutal.
Yeah I thought they were going to hang half a hundred on us.

We narrowly missed a few deep shots, and yeah I didn't like that shot on the last play of the 3rd quarter. It was 2nd and 7, just needed any kind of positive yardage and we throw (another) play away when we have the clear momentum...

...of course if Pierre comes down with that then it's a brilliant call. Just another reason I'm just another fat fuck behind a keyboard.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2R - South Dakota St. @ #4 Sac State

Post by clenz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 am
clenz wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:43 pm Maybe

Just maybe

I actually know what I’m talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, not tonight. You were wrong.

Hornets shutout SDSU in the 2nd half, defense had a hell of a game. Slow start did us in, Hornet offense just couldn't make enough plays (credit to SDSU d, they had some clutch passes defended on some long shots). Also Taylor had a pretty bad night calling plays. That stupid screen pass that was picked in the 2nd half should have never been called as we were running it down SDSU's throat on that drive.
I didn't watch the game, but I know stig.

Let me guess what happened.

SDSU came out and ran all over Sac State. Probably had something like 170-200 yards rushing in the first half. They had that lead.
Come second half I'm going to guess, because I know Stig well enough, that SDSU all of a sudden tried to get cute. I'm going to guess the first 3 possessions of the second half SDSU went from running the ball to trying some cute bullshit? Some cute bullshit while also not really looking to score because he felt good about his lead.

EDIT:
Went and looked. Sure as shit 60% run plays in the first half 50% through the first three possessions in the second half.

Damn Stig. You are as predictable as Farley in all reality. You have Isaiah Davis and Pierre Strong and the ability of Oladokun to make plays and you just don't use them. In the first half Davis had 59 yards at 6.56 YPC, Strong had 60 yards at 6.67 ypc, and Oladokun had 48 yards at 16 YPC. You had 167 yards rushing at 7.95 YPC in the first half as a team. What do you do in the second half? Don't fucking run the ball. Don't continue to just wear the front second of Sac State into the dirt. You come out and run 7 run plays the entire second half before your final drive to kill the clock.

I wasn't wrong. I just overestimated Stig's ability to not Farley himself like he tends to do.

Even better I looked at their run plays they did manage in the second half before their final drive - averaged 5.8 YPC on them

God dammit, Stig. You're just Mark Farley with a bigger budget.