SFA 28-35 UIW (OT)
UTM 32-31 MIZST
SACHRT 10-13 HC
UCD 24-56 SDKST
FAMU 14-38 SELU
UNI 9-19 EWU
DVDSN 21-48 KENN
SIU 22-10 SDK

• Best Performance: Tennessee-Martin 32, Missouri St. 31 - With starting QB Keon Howard out, Skyhawk WR Donnell Williams steps up to catch 7 balls for 178 yards and the game-winning touchdown.

Worst Performance: Florida A&M 14, Southeastern Louisiana 38 - Outside of garbage time, the Rattlers were shut out by the worst statistical defense in the playoff field. :ohno:

Most Surprising Result: Missouri St. 31, Tennessee-Martin 32 - Bobby Petrino won't get to return to Montana after his team turned the ball over 6 times.

SWAC

MVSU 24-19 PVAMU
GRAM 29-26 SU (in New Orleans, LA)
tusk 9-43 ALST

• NConf Record: 1-0
    Overall: 15-20

vs. FCS: 0-0
    Overall: 7-8

Best Performance: Mississippi Valley St. 24, Prairie View A&M 19 - Caleb Johnson carries the ball 40(!) times for 193 yards and 2 touchdowns to help the Delta Devils finish with their best record since 2012.

Worst Performance: Southern 26, Grambling 29 - The Jags allow 500 yards to a Grambling team that hadn't even cracked 300 yards in any game this season. :suspicious:

Most Surprising Result: Prairie View A&M 19, Mississippi Valley St. 24 - The Panthers had already clinched the SWAC-West, of course, but going into the SWAC title game with 2 straight losses (3 if you count Texas A&M) isn't ideal.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Breakdown - First Round Week

Post by Gil Dobie »

IMO, SH vs HC was the worst performance, both teams.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:39 am IMO, SH vs HC was the worst performance, both teams.
Mo State’s 6 turnovers would disagree with you.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

And all A&M’s performance shows is how WIIIIIIDE the gulf is between crappy playoff teams the the HBCU’s.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

AZGrizFan wrote:And all A&M’s performance shows is how WIIIIIIDE the gulf is between crappy playoff teams the the HBCU’s.
The problem is that a LARGE majority (>95%) of HBCUs have a different mentality when it comes to modern football compared to the rest of college football. It's for entertainment, revenue generation to keep the doors open. That's why the pageantry and spectacle are major influences. Some have made moves to take it a little more seriously in the competitive aspect (Hampton and NC A&T) but budget constraints and demands will always be a large obstacle to overcome.

HBCUs can compete, the question is do they really WANT to compete. Or do the powers that be see the money being thrown at them for events like the SWAC title game, Celebration Bowl, and the numerous Classics that are held that get 40k to 60k plus in attendance and are satisfied with the status quo.

It doesn't help that schools that choose to step out of that mentality are vilified as "trying to be bigger than what they are". It happened to us back in 2009. And it's in the process of happening to both Hampton and A&T now. Hell even Tennessee State has been dealing with it since they joined the OVC.

Its embarrassing frankly, and with the storied history that HBCUs have with the NFL hall of famers that played for them in years past, it's sad to see it end up this way. But the solutions are few and far between. Image

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:12 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:39 am IMO, SH vs HC was the worst performance, both teams.
Mo State’s 6 turnovers would disagree with you.
Even with 6 TO's, better than watching SH vs HC.