Football Championship Subdivision discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: JMU headed to FBS?

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:54 pm So the real question is, does this mean no more BDKJMU on the board after 2021?
Maybe more like after 2022, as JMU would be transitioning next season. Still considered FCS 2022 and FBS 2023?

But you are right, why would someone be on a FCS football board if their school wasn’t FCS?

I would have to come back for the 2024 elections though..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Something Resembling I would like to see the new CUSA be, though it won't happen:
FIU
La Tech
UTEP
Montana
Montana State
NDSU
SDSU
Sam Houston
Delaware
Liberty
Jacksonville State
EWU
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Pwns wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:14 pm Something Resembling I would like to see the new CUSA be, though it won't happen:
FIU
La Tech
UTEP
Montana
Montana State
NDSU
SDSU
Sam Houston
Delaware
Liberty
Jacksonville State
EWU
You must own an airline.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:02 pm

Heard the rumors, but thats good. CUSA will have no choice but to add NMSU and Liberty and then raid the WAC/ASun for the most aspiring candidates.
Yeah...but the C-USA already looks like a sinking ship. How many people want to jump aboard that.
Most likely the last attempt to be able to move up for any FCS schools for the next 10+ years. Unless they want to wait for the WAC and ASun to get the ball rolling on their (still potential) FBS conference ambitions.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DSUrocks07 »

If CUSA wants to try to continue the current trend of region focused growth/consolidation then maybe they can become the new SWC by pulling up some of the Southland and SWAC schools.

@phillywild305 FB
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

93henfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:22 pm That would make a really fun SBC. Good for JMU. That's a lot better than the watered down FCS we see now and a really bad CAA.

G5 is the new I-AA. We're all essentially D2 here.
A lot of truth there. :nod:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 am
93henfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:22 pm That would make a really fun SBC. Good for JMU. That's a lot better than the watered down FCS we see now and a really bad CAA.

G5 is the new I-AA. We're all essentially D2 here.
Balance of power has changed to the west. CAA and SoGone conferences are watered down.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm
AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 am

Balance of power has changed to the west. CAA and SoGone conferences are watered down.
I bolded the part that pertains to the G5. In the larger public's eye, the G5 represents what FCS actually is.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
93henfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:54 pm So the real question is, does this mean no more BDKJMU on the board after 2021?
Maybe more like after 2022, as JMU would be transitioning next season. Still considered FCS 2022 and FBS 2023?

But you are right, why would someone be on a FCS football board if their school wasn’t FCS?

I would have to come back for the 2024 elections though..
I’m here for the laughs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

You can't ever get rid of the Sun Belchers, sorry.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:42 pm
You can't ever get rid of the Sun Belchers, sorry.
:lol:

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm Balance of power has changed to the west. CAA and SoGone conferences are watered down.
Ebb and flow. And I will be looking for your royalty check for the use of "SoGone". :ugeek: :D
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm Balance of power has changed to the west. CAA and SoGone conferences are watered down.
Ebb and flow. And I will be looking for your royalty check for the use of "SoGone". :ugeek: :D
I was looking for the SoGone logo on AGS, but was unable to find it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:59 am I was looking for the SoGone logo on AGS, but was unable to find it.
I think I still have the AGS magazine that I used to make that logo.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 am
Ibanez wrote:
Yeah...but the C-USA already looks like a sinking ship. How many people want to jump aboard that.
Most likely the last attempt to be able to move up for any FCS schools for the next 10+ years. Unless they want to wait for the WAC and ASun to get the ball rolling on their (still potential) FBS conference ambitions.

Yep. I think CUSA will survive, with the pending FBS playoff expansion, there is too much money at stake for those remaining CUSA members to not keep it alive as an FBS conference.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 am
Ibanez wrote:

Question is wtf are UD, NDSU, Montana, etc waiting for?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:35 pm Question is wtf are UD, NDSU, Montana, etc waiting for?
Maybe they have more sense.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DSUrocks07 »

89Hen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:35 pm Question is wtf are UD, NDSU, Montana, etc waiting for?
Maybe they have more sense.
Then you have their respective fanbases who complain about "not being excited to see these new opponents" that replace those that leave. :shrug:

But then I can't say much because that's the main argument for any talk of HBCUs that leave an HBCU conference.

@phillywild305 FB
Grizzlies1982
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizzlies1982 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:35 pm
DSUrocks07 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 am Most likely the last attempt to be able to move up for any FCS schools for the next 10+ years. Unless they want to wait for the WAC and ASun to get the ball rolling on their (still potential) FBS conference ambitions.

I don't buy the "Last attempt to be able to move up". That said where would / should Montana move to? The Mt West doesn't need anyone but they are the natural fit. There just are not many options out west. Further, the cost to move up is enormous (initial cost & annual costs)... additional sports, multiple additional scholarships for football, Title IX female athletes, & new sports, extra cost of improved facilities (non-football)...

Going back to "last attempt"... The Power 5 is about to abort everyone else. So then these others are the new 1AA, and there will be an eventual merging of the top of the FCS with them into the new "We Are Not the Power 5" division of American football. There really is no need to hurry until they are done with the SEC taking over the world. The remnants will be looking for somewhere to go.

That is my two bits. :ugeek:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 am Most likely the last attempt to be able to move up for any FCS schools for the next 10+ years. Unless they want to wait for the WAC and ASun to get the ball rolling on their (still potential) FBS conference ambitions.

UD couldn't beat Newark HS at the moment. That's part of our problem. Our coach has a hard enough time moving the team through the paper banner the cheerleaders hold up before the intro. Last week vs JMU:

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Grizzlies1982 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:51 pm

I don't buy the "Last attempt to be able to move up". That said where would / should Montana move to? The Mt West doesn't need anyone but they are the natural fit. There just are not many options out west. Further, the cost to move up is enormous (initial cost & annual costs)... additional sports, multiple additional scholarships for football, Title IX female athletes, & new sports, extra cost of improved facilities (non-football)...

Going back to "last attempt"... The Power 5 is about to abort everyone else. So then these others are the new 1AA, and there will be an eventual merging of the top of the FCS with them into the new "We Are Not the Power 5" division of American football. There really is no need to hurry until they are done with the SEC taking over the world. The remnants will be looking for somewhere to go.

Neither do I. NDSU may have the fan base to support a move but it has neither the money nor conference invite (our location does not help us). I would have no problem going to the Mountain West but like you said '82, they are not looking for new members at this moment.

The whole College Football landscape is just starting to be shook up and it pays to wait a bit to see what direction the conferences go towards. Jumping in too early is just as bad as waiting too long. My only real concern is that we get out before the FCS becomes the new D2. And that is going to take 4 or 5 years to really get started.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 am
Grizzlies1982 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Neither do I. NDSU may have the fan base to support a move but it has neither the money nor conference invite (our location does not help us). I would have no problem going to the Mountain West but like you said '82, they are not looking for new members at this moment.

The whole College Football landscape is just starting to be shook up and it pays to wait a bit to see what direction the conferences go towards. Jumping in too early is just as bad as waiting too long. My only real concern is that we get out before the FCS becomes the new D2. And that is going to take 4 or 5 years to really get started.
:nod:

How is the bizumb mob taking this on bizumbville and AGS? Anything worth enough shits and giggles to stop by for a read?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 am

How is the bizumb mob taking this on bizumbville and AGS? Anything worth enough shits and giggles to stop by for a read?
The AGS Bison posters are the more rational of the bunch (which is why they are not posting on Bisonville) and are pretty much in line with what I said above. There is a couple that post on both boards (Professor Chaos, and PL) but they are the more level headed football posters.

Bisonville is and will always remain a shit-show. One needs a full hazmat suit and decontamination procedure afterwards just reading the threads. I read it for the few bits of knowledge that drop (CAS is a an ex-defense player and has good insights) but only on the Gameday and Post-gameday threads. The rest of the board is a dumpster fire (they give Lakes free reign). About 5-6 years ago there were some informative and funny posters, but they rarely post any more as Lakes and his cronies drown them out. The FBS talk (really most of the Football side of the board now) infects everything and it is mostly a bunch of jock sniffers trying to one up each other and have zero answer for the conference invite or money problem. Saying otherwise invites negative reputation points from the Lakes crew and/or scorn.

I am pretty sure Lakes has at least three shadow profiles that he uses to wage his own private war. Some of the posts are suspiciously close in tone and rep points. :roll:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am

The AGS Bison posters are the more rational of the bunch (which is why they are not posting on Bisonville) and are pretty much in line with what I said above. There is a couple that post on both boards (Professor Chaos, and PL) but they are the more level headed football posters.

Bisonville is and will always remain a shit-show. One needs a full hazmat suit and decontamination procedure afterwards just reading the threads. I read it for the few bits of knowledge that drop (CAS is a an ex-defense player and has good insights) but only on the Gameday and Post-gameday threads. The rest of the board is a dumpster fire (they give Lakes free reign). About 5-6 years ago there were some informative and funny posters, but they rarely post any more as Lakes and his cronies drown them out. The FBS talk (really most of the Football side of the board now) infects everything and it is mostly a bunch of jock sniffers trying to one up each other and have zero answer for the conference invite or money problem. Saying otherwise invites negative reputation points from the Lakes crew and/or scorn.

I am pretty sure Lakes has at least three shadow profiles that he uses to wage his own private war. Some of the posts are suspiciously close in tone and rep points. :roll:
Good to hear. I miss Professor Chaos' opinions and insights from AGS.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm