Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-23

Post by JALMOND »

Another 5-1 week, still short of perfection but the third straight week I've hit 5-1 so I'll take it. 47-14 for the year so far. But it would be great to get that perfect week. Games are getting tougher and the matchups are more difficult but a perfect week is still possible. That said, here are my predictions for this week. Some good ones this week. Everyone plays except for Portland State.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals continue playing Dr. Jeckyl at home and Mr. Hyde on the road and they are back on the road for this one. No Jeckyl and Hyde for the Bobcats this year as they have been consistently good this year so far. Maybe the game would be close at Pocatello but here...MSU 35, ISU 10.

UM at UI---After their big game against EWU where the Grizzlies lost their quarterback, they have looked lost at home, now head back out on the road. The Vandals are coming off a big hurting loss to EWU, who has been steamrolling everyone. Both teams need this, who wants it more...UI 31, UM 21.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks started the year with a wakeup loss and have kept their focus since then, but this game will be a strong test. The Hornets got a big win, one of the biggest in their DI history. Will they still be celebrating the great win this week...SAC 28, NAU 25.

UNC at SUU---The Bears have been surprising people with their good play so far. While it hasn't translated into much wins, they are making progress. The Thunderbirds have been struggling in their final conference season, but they do get this game, probably the easiest one, at home...SUU 35, UNC 27.

UCD at CP---The last time the Aggies played a gimme game on the road, they lost, then took it out on a weaker opponent at home the next week. This one could be tougher than it looks as the Mustangs had an extra week to get ready for this, to damage the Aggies season some more...UCD 24, CP 7.

WSU at EWU---So who's the next unsuspecting prey on the Eagles' schedule? How about the Wildcats, who's once promising season is probably one loss away from being over. The question is not really if the Wildcats have a chance, it is how bad will the flying Eagles beat them...EWU 35, WSU 24.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-23

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber 24-41 EWUWeber needs to win this to stay alive… they're not going to

Davis 31-10 Cal Poly — The Aggies are in the second of three consecutive bye weeks

NAU 20-37 Sac StateAnything less than a 7-1 conference record would be a disappointment for the Hornets

Montana 27-20 Idaho — The Griz are reeling, the Vandals are pathetic

NoCo 21-28 SuutahNo offense meets no defense

Idaho St. 10-41 Montana St.In their three road games, the Bengals have lost turnovers 10-1
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

MSU over ISU
UM over UI
Sac over NAU
SUU over UNC
dungpilers over CP
EWU over WSU
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

@ E. Washington d. Weber State 49-31 — Venus is correct...BBQ needs the win, but won't get it against #2.

UC Davis d. @ Cal Poly 42-17 — The Manure Pile gets another easy win.

@ Sacramento State d. N. Arizona (Homecoming) 56-24 — Some Hornet fans see this as a "trap game," but barring injury, I don't see Sac losing.

Montana d. @ Idaho 63-10 — The Griz are p!$$ed, and take it out on the Vandals.

@ S. Utah d. N. Colorado 35-27 — A battle of bottom-feeders.

@ Montana State d. Idaho State 49-13 — The Kitties continue their inspired in-conference play.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am @ E. Washington d. Weber State 49-31 — Venus is correct...BBQ needs the win, but won't get it against #2.

@ Sacramento State d. N. Arizona (Homecoming) 56-24 — Some Hornet fans see this as a "trap game," but barring injury, I don't see Sac losing.

@ Montana State d. Idaho State 49-13 — The Kitties continue their inspired in-conference play.
The current iteration of the Griz offense couldn't score 63 if they were the only team on the field. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:00 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am @ E. Washington d. Weber State 49-31 — Venus is correct...BBQ needs the win, but won't get it against #2.

The current iteration of the Griz offense couldn't score 63 if they were the only team on the field. :coffee: :coffee:
Can you get imagine how many check down 4 yard passes we would have to throw to get to 63 points?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:05 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:00 pm

Can you get imagine how many check down 4 yard passes we would have to throw to get to 63 points?
More than I want to fucking watch, that’s for certain.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm Another 5-1 week, still short of perfection but the third straight week I've hit 5-1 so I'll take it. 47-14 for the year so far. But it would be great to get that perfect week. Games are getting tougher and the matchups are more difficult but a perfect week is still possible. That said, here are my predictions for this week. Some good ones this week. Everyone plays except for Portland State.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals continue playing Dr. Jeckyl at home and Mr. Hyde on the road and they are back on the road for this one. No Jeckyl and Hyde for the Bobcats this year as they have been consistently good this year so far. Maybe the game would be close at Pocatello but here...MSU 35, ISU 10.

UM at UI---After their big game against EWU where the Grizzlies lost their quarterback, they have looked lost at home, now head back out on the road. The Vandals are coming off a big hurting loss to EWU, who has been steamrolling everyone. Both teams need this, who wants it more...UI 31, UM 21.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks started the year with a wakeup loss and have kept their focus since then, but this game will be a strong test. The Hornets got a big win, one of the biggest in their DI history. Will they still be celebrating the great win this week...SAC 28, NAU 25.

UNC at SUU---The Bears have been surprising people with their good play so far. While it hasn't translated into much wins, they are making progress. The Thunderbirds have been struggling in their final conference season, but they do get this game, probably the easiest one, at home...SUU 35, UNC 27.

UCD at CP---The last time the Aggies played a gimme game on the road, they lost, then took it out on a weaker opponent at home the next week. This one could be tougher than it looks as the Mustangs had an extra week to get ready for this, to damage the Aggies season some more...UCD 24, CP 7.

WSU at EWU---So who's the next unsuspecting prey on the Eagles' schedule? How about the Wildcats, who's once promising season is probably one loss away from being over. The question is not really if the Wildcats have a chance, it is how bad will the flying Eagles beat them...EWU 35, WSU 24.
3-3 this week, yikes! Still 50-17 overall.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:03 pm
JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm Another 5-1 week, still short of perfection but the third straight week I've hit 5-1 so I'll take it. 47-14 for the year so far. But it would be great to get that perfect week. Games are getting tougher and the matchups are more difficult but a perfect week is still possible. That said, here are my predictions for this week. Some good ones this week. Everyone plays except for Portland State.

On a positive note, you were soooooooo close on that Sac/NAU score…. :lol: :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:15 am
JALMOND wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:03 pm

On a positive note, you were soooooooo close on that Sac/NAU score…. :lol: :lol:
I thought our game would be A LOT closer than it was. NAU was coming in on fire, offensively. Not surprised the Hornet offense moved the ball at will.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:15 am

I thought our game would be A LOT closer than it was. NAU was coming in on fire, offensively. Not surprised the Hornet offense moved the ball at will.
I was shocked as well that they couldn't muster up even a FG.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:54 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 am

I was shocked as well that they couldn't muster up even a FG.
They chose to go for it on fourth down the only times they got into the red zone. Of course, FGs wouldn't have done them all that much at that point, but STILL....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.