Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-16

Post by JALMOND »

Everyone in the conference is playing this week except for Cal Poly. Montana State and Weber State are playing a Friday night game in Ogden, but everyone else is playing Saturday. Its that time of year that one could start to see snow but most of the venues should still be dealing with rain (if that). Some good games on tap as team start to make their move. So far for the year I am at 42-13, still looking for perfection. Here are my predictions for this week. All are my opinion only.

Friday

MSU at WSU---The Bobcats have been rolling over their inferior opponents so far but now have to make the trek to Ogden on a short week. The Wildcats have struggled so far this season, but come in to this game after an off week and are playing at home. Game on ESPNU...MSU 21, WSU 17.

Saturday

UI at EWU---The Vandals have looked impressive against their conference opponents and they make the short trip to face one of their rivals. The Eagles have looked impressive over everyone so far and, while the defense may be suspect, the offense is still rolling...EWU 42, UI 21.

ISU at PSU---Have the Bengals turned the corner after last week's win or are they just good at home and still bad on the road? The Vikings looked lost early last week, but they came back to be in a position to win it. Two unknowns really, who will show up...PSU 35, ISU 31.

UNC at UCD---The Bears have mastered the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde play so far but last week's loss could be expected. The Aggies were rolling along even without their star quarterback, then they took a sharp detour last week. It's the Bears week to win, but the Aggies need it...UCD 29, UNC 21.

SAC at UM---Everyone else falling around them and the Hornets have just been winning in the conference so far. The Grizzlies got dinged up bad two weeks ago and they were fortunate to have an easy opponent last week. One of the better matchups in the conference...UM 31, SAC 24.

SUU at NAU---The Thunderbirds have been reeling from this season, their swan song in the conference. They say goodbye to one of their rivals this weekend. The Lumberjacks had an extra week to prepare for this and really need a win to get back to business...NAU 31, SUU 10.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-16

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Friday

Montana St. 24-27 WeberWeber's at home, they need it more, and MSU's on a short week

Saturday

Idalol 24-49 EWUIdaho's won 2 straight over Eastern, but neither of those came on the accursed blood turf

Idaho St. 24-35 Portland St.The final meeting between these two as "rivals"

NoCo 10-38 DavisThe McCaffreys can't score points, so Hunter Rodrigues is free to suck for another week

Suutah 24-31 NAUDemario Warren rapidly approaching hot seat status…

Sac State 17-24 MontanaDon't expect a lot of points here
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Friday

@ Weber State d. Montana State 42-17 — Weber is fed up, and they're not going to take it anymore.

Saturday

@ Eastern Washington d. Idaho 63-24 — Idaho gets blinded by the "blood turf."

@ Portland State d. ID State 24-10 — PSU is on as close to a "roll" as they can get this year.

@ UC Davis d. Northern Colorado 56-3 — Davis has their one "cr@p" game out of the way, and they'll take their frustrations out on a bottom-feeder.

@ Northern Arizona d. Southern Utah 35-15 — NAU's annual "swoon" won't happen just yet.

Sac State d. @ Montana 31-24 — Hornets finally start clicking.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I keep forgetting to do these. I would have picked montucky, but otherwise would have picked all the winners. Would have went MSU over weebs because of how crappy they have played this season.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:01 pm Everyone in the conference is playing this week except for Cal Poly. Montana State and Weber State are playing a Friday night game in Ogden, but everyone else is playing Saturday. Its that time of year that one could start to see snow but most of the venues should still be dealing with rain (if that). Some good games on tap as team start to make their move. So far for the year I am at 42-13, still looking for perfection. Here are my predictions for this week. All are my opinion only.

Friday

MSU at WSU---The Bobcats have been rolling over their inferior opponents so far but now have to make the trek to Ogden on a short week. The Wildcats have struggled so far this season, but come in to this game after an off week and are playing at home. Game on ESPNU...MSU 21, WSU 17.

Saturday

UI at EWU---The Vandals have looked impressive against their conference opponents and they make the short trip to face one of their rivals. The Eagles have looked impressive over everyone so far and, while the defense may be suspect, the offense is still rolling...EWU 42, UI 21.

ISU at PSU---Have the Bengals turned the corner after last week's win or are they just good at home and still bad on the road? The Vikings looked lost early last week, but they came back to be in a position to win it. Two unknowns really, who will show up...PSU 35, ISU 31.

UNC at UCD---The Bears have mastered the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde play so far but last week's loss could be expected. The Aggies were rolling along even without their star quarterback, then they took a sharp detour last week. It's the Bears week to win, but the Aggies need it...UCD 29, UNC 21.

SAC at UM---Everyone else falling around them and the Hornets have just been winning in the conference so far. The Grizzlies got dinged up bad two weeks ago and they were fortunate to have an easy opponent last week. One of the better matchups in the conference...UM 31, SAC 24.

SUU at NAU---The Thunderbirds have been reeling from this season, their swan song in the conference. They say goodbye to one of their rivals this weekend. The Lumberjacks had an extra week to prepare for this and really need a win to get back to business...NAU 31, SUU 10.
Still one short of perfect. Missed the Sac State win. 47-14 overall so far.