Big Sky Players of the Week

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Big Sky Players of the Week

Post by SuperHornet »

Offense: QB Eric Barierre, EWU. First FCS QB since Cornell's Jeff Matthews (2011) to throw for 500+ yards in back-to-back weeks. 518 yards and 4 TDs. Crossed 10K yards in a career, pushing him into Big Sky Top Ten all time. Third Straight POW, eighth in his career.

Defense: LBer Xander Gagnon, UNC. 12 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1 hurry. Blew up a read option by taking out BOTH QB and RB. Stuffed NAU on OT 4th and one. Second UNC D-POW this year.

Special Teams: K Kyle Sentkowski, Sac State. Accounted for 11 of Sac's 23 points against ID State. 49-yard FG is 9th longest in school history.

Others nominated:

Offense: RB Isaiah Ifanse (MSU), WR Pierre Williams (Sac State), QB Miles Hastings (UC Davis), WR Beau Kelly (PSU), RB Draycen Hall (NAU), WR Samuel Akem (Montana), RB Josh Davis (Weber State)

Defense: LBer Patrick O'Connell (Montana), DL Bryce Rodgers (UC Davis), DB Marte Mapu (Sac State), DE Daniel Hardy (MSU), DB Morgan Vest (NAU), LBer Jack Sendelbach (EWU), DT Kofe Semise (PSU), LBer Connor Willis (ISU), DL Jared Schiess (Weber State)

Special Teams: WR Ben Omayebu (ISU), LBer Levi Janacaro (Montana), P DJ Arnson (NAU), K Devin Bale (UNC), K Nick Kokich (EWU), P Seth Vernon (PSU)

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2021/9/27/f ... honor.aspx

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Big Sky Players of the Week

Post by SeattleGriz »

I know AZ said it somewhere, but keep your eye on Patrick O'Connell from the Griz. He is a one man wrecking crew on tackles, tackles for loss and sacks.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GrizMadman
I am a fan of: UM, UNLV

Post by GrizMadman »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:31 pm I know AZ said it somewhere, but keep your eye on Patrick O'Connell from the Griz. He is a one man wrecking crew on tackles, tackles for loss and sacks.
So, what happened to Jace Lewis? I thought he'd be in the news the most, wearing #37. Injured?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GrizMadman wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:31 pm I know AZ said it somewhere, but keep your eye on Patrick O'Connell from the Griz. He is a one man wrecking crew on tackles, tackles for loss and sacks.
So, what happened to Jace Lewis? I thought he'd be in the news the most, wearing #37. Injured?
Offenses are keying on him, not letting him get to the QB, etc. Frees up the other LB’s and DE’s to go crazy in the backfield….

On the other hand, Lewis did hit the CP QB so hard Saturday he broke the QB’s collarbone… :shock: :shock:

O’Connell, on the other hand…..he just has a different level motor. :thumb: :thumb:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12