Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-25

Post by JALMOND »

After a so-so 6-5 last week (now at 28-9 overall), this week's games features all conference games, which may be troublesome. Having just non-conference games to go off, it is difficult to tell just who will win. To add to the challenge is that in most games, the team that would be considered the favorite is on the road, creating a chance for some strange outcomes. Here are my predictions this week. Everyone plays except for Idaho.

CP at UM---The Mustangs got off to a good start, clobbering San Diego before having the hurt put on them in the next two games. The Grizzlies still have their impressive win over Washington and were off last week. One of the few games the favorite is at home...UM 42, CP 14.

EWU at SUU---The Eagles offense has been on full display in their first three games and it has made up for some bad performances from their defense. The Thunderbirds got momentum from a good win last week and would love to spring an upset at home...EWU 48, SUU 35.

MSU at PSU---The Bobcats have rolled through their Pioneer League opponents and gave playing time to a bunch of players. The Vikings sloshed through the rain last week and got a win over the DII. No rain this weekend and Barnum has never won a conference opener...MSU 42, PSU 21.

NAU at UNC---Surprisingly, the Lumberjacks burst into the win column last week over a Pac-12 team after falling to two FCS teams. After a loss last week, the Bears are hoping to ride with their defense until the offense figures things out. Lumberjacks riding with momentum...NAU 17, UNC 7.

SAC at ISU---The Hornets played a tough non-conference game and got through it with just a win over a transitional team. The Bengals do not have a win, but have played a couple tough games. The Bengals took last week off to prepare for this game...ISU 34, SAC 28.

UCD at WSU---The Aggies have looked impressive out of the gate with one FBS win and two FCS wins. The Wildcats have played a monster of a non-conference schedule, have one win and have lost their quarterback. Now they get the hottest team in the conference...UCD 21, WSU 10.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-25

Post by SDHornet »

UM over CP
EWU over SUU
MSU over PSU
NAU over UNC
Sac State over ISU
fags over WSU (assuming Weebs is still without their QB1)
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana St. 38-24 Portland St. — Are the Bobcats good? We know the Vikings aren't

Sac State 37-28 Idaho St. — The Hornets appeared to find some offense in Berkeley

EWU 45-31 Suutah — The Eagles won't look ahead to Montana because they need to get rid of the bad taste of last week's second half

Davis 24-27 WeberWeber needs this game bad

Cal Poly 14-45 MontanaThe 'Stangs ran for 412 yards the last time they faced Montana, but they've only run for 161 yards total in 3 games this season

NAU 31-24 NoCo — Is Dylan McCaffrey healthy? The Bear offense was nonexistent without him
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:24 pm
Sac State 37-28 Idaho St. — The Hornets appeared to find some offense in Berkeley
We're averaging 441 ypg so far. :?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:24 pm
Sac averaged 17.5 ppg the first two games, and they scored 19 against a team that Weber & Davis averaged 49.5 ppg against.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:38 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm

Sac averaged 17.5 ppg the first two games, and they scored 19 against a team that Weber & Davis averaged 49.5 ppg against.
You do realize that was our first game in 91 weeks, yes?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:51 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:38 pm

So, in other words, it took your team 3 games to find its offense. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:03 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:51 pm

So, in other words, it took your team 3 games to find its offense. :nod:
We were moving the ball every game...soo.... :?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

So we’re thinking CP scores more against our D than UW did? Interesting…..
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

#12 Montana St. d. @ Portland St. 31-17 — The Kitties are above mediocre. How far above mediocre remains to be seen, but it'll be enough to take out PDX.

Sac State d. @ Idaho St 42-13. — Special teams gaffes won't be enough to lose to the Bungles, but we better get that fixed PDQ.

#6 EWU d. @ SUU 49-24 — Eags in a cakewalk.

@ #15 Weber State d. #10 UC Davis 38-34r — BBQ struggles depart in time to overcome the AAC Dominatorz.

@ #4 Montana d. Cal Poly 42-3 — The Griz look like they're bucking for a seed.

NAU d. @ UNC 35-6 — No let-down for the Kings of Arizona.

Other Games of Interest to SH

Liberty d. @ Syracuse 31-21

@ #17 Coastal Carolina d. UMASS 38-10

@ Maryland d. Kent State 42-3

Navy d. @ Houston 24-13

@ #9 Jacksonville State d. TN-Martin 21-10

@ Miami (FL) d. C. CT State 63-10

#22 New Hampshire d. @ Pitt 24-21 OT -- Our best shot at a scalp this week, IMO.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am #12 Montana St. d. @ Portland St. 31-17 — The Kitties are above mediocre. How far above mediocre remains to be seen, but it'll be enough to take out PDX.

Sac State d. @ Idaho St 42-13. — Special teams gaffes won't be enough to lose to the Bungles, but we better get that fixed PDQ.

#6 EWU d. @ SUU 49-24 — Eags in a cakewalk.

@ #15 Weber State d. #10 UC Davis 38-34r — BBQ struggles depart in time to overcome the AAC Dominatorz.

@ #4 Montana d. Cal Poly 42-3 — The Griz look like they're bucking for a seed.

NAU d. @ UNC 35-6 — No let-down for the Kings of Arizona.

Other Games of Interest to SH

Liberty d. @ Syracuse 31-21

@ #17 Coastal Carolina d. UMASS 38-10

@ Maryland d. Kent State 42-3

Navy d. @ Houston 24-13

@ #9 Jacksonville State d. TN-Martin 21-10

@ Miami (FL) d. C. CT State 63-10

#22 New Hampshire d. @ Pitt 24-21 OT -- Our best shot at a scalp this week, IMO.
Fuck seeding. Griz are looking for another NC flag.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Oh, I don't doubt the Griz got a shot, AZ. I think there are more Big Sky teams up to disputing that this year, but the Griz are ALWAYS at least in the conversation....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:36 am Oh, I don't doubt the Griz got a shot, AZ. I think there are more Big Sky teams up to disputing that this year, but the Griz are ALWAYS at least in the conversation....
I think there are fewer. Right now i think it comes down to Griz, ‘Scats or Davis. EWU doesn’t have the defense, Sac isn’t there. Rest are posers.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:40 pm After a so-so 6-5 last week (now at 28-9 overall), this week's games features all conference games, which may be troublesome. Having just non-conference games to go off, it is difficult to tell just who will win. To add to the challenge is that in most games, the team that would be considered the favorite is on the road, creating a chance for some strange outcomes. Here are my predictions this week. Everyone plays except for Idaho.

CP at UM---The Mustangs got off to a good start, clobbering San Diego before having the hurt put on them in the next two games. The Grizzlies still have their impressive win over Washington and were off last week. One of the few games the favorite is at home...UM 42, CP 14.

EWU at SUU---The Eagles offense has been on full display in their first three games and it has made up for some bad performances from their defense. The Thunderbirds got momentum from a good win last week and would love to spring an upset at home...EWU 48, SUU 35.

MSU at PSU---The Bobcats have rolled through their Pioneer League opponents and gave playing time to a bunch of players. The Vikings sloshed through the rain last week and got a win over the DII. No rain this weekend and Barnum has never won a conference opener...MSU 42, PSU 21.

NAU at UNC---Surprisingly, the Lumberjacks burst into the win column last week over a Pac-12 team after falling to two FCS teams. After a loss last week, the Bears are hoping to ride with their defense until the offense figures things out. Lumberjacks riding with momentum...NAU 17, UNC 7.

SAC at ISU---The Hornets played a tough non-conference game and got through it with just a win over a transitional team. The Bengals do not have a win, but have played a couple tough games. The Bengals took last week off to prepare for this game...ISU 34, SAC 28.

UCD at WSU---The Aggies have looked impressive out of the gate with one FBS win and two FCS wins. The Wildcats have played a monster of a non-conference schedule, have one win and have lost their quarterback. Now they get the hottest team in the conference...UCD 21, WSU 10.
4-2 this week, 32-11 overall.