Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-11

Post by JALMOND »

After the first week, I am at 11-3 for the year and we have a couple more weeks of non-conference action before things get tough. I did get one of the FBS upsets last week (EWU over UNLV) but I missed the other two as well as the Cal Poly game. Here is my latest attempt at perfection for the week. Southern Utah is off this week but everyone else plays. All games Saturday (for now).

CP at Fresno State (FBS Mtn West)---The Mustangs came through in their first game of the season against a pesky Pioneer League team at San Diego. Now, they are the latest in a string of opponents for Fresno State, who gave Oregon quite a tussle last week...Fresno State 35, CP 14.

Central Washington (DII) at EWU---Fresh off their 2 overtime win over UNLV, the Eagles bring in their DII brothers for a game at home. The Eagles were in control early last week but things got interesting in a hurry. They hope they can stay on the accelerator this game...EWU 48, Central Washington 7.

UI at Indiana (FBS Big 10)---Last week the Vandals took care of a hapless DII squad in quick fashion. They now step up a level and head into Big 10 country for a date with one of the big boys in that major conference. Hopefully, the tables aren't turned around...Indiana 31, UI 14

ISU at Nevada (FBS Mtn West)---After having the rug pulled out from under them last week at home, the Bengals hit the road for a quick stop in Reno and a game against the FBS. They may be competitive but this game will get away from them...Nevada 38, ISU 17.

Western Illinois (FCS Missouri Valley) at UM---The Grizzlies were giant killers last week, taking down not only one of the big boys in the Pac-12, but also the #20 ranked team in the country. Now they return back to the FCS and hope they don't have a letdown...UM 42, Western Illinois 10.

Drake (FCS Pioneer) at MSU---Smarting from having a great win over the FBS taken from them, the Bobcats return home to face a strong Pioneer team. Will they look past Drake or will they seize the opportunity to gain some confidence...MSU 45, Drake 7.

NAU at South Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---After battling the defending national champions, the Lumberjacks head out to Missouri Valley country for a chance to get a good win. Maybe a bit more competitive but they may still have to wait for a win...South Dakota 21, NAU 17.

UNC at Houston Baptist (FCS Southland)---The best thing about last week was that the Bears stayed with the Pac-12 Colorado team for most of the first half. They will need to put together a full game against one of the better teams in the Southland...Houston Baptist 31, UNC 10.

PSU at Washington State (FBS Pac-12)---You can't spot a team 28 points in the first quarter and expect to win, especially when you are playing up a level. The Vikings get another chance at redemption as they head to what is close to a dumpster fire in the FBS...Washington State 28, PSU 24.

Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley) at SAC---The Hornets won last week with defense as their offense had a tough time to get going. Now they bring in a good Missouri Valley team that gave one of the better teams in the FBS all they could handle last week...Northern Iowa 28, SAC 20.

UCD at San Diego (FCS Pioneer)---People may have thought the Aggies had a chance against Tulsa last week, but few would have picked them for the upset. They head to SoCal this week for a good battle with a San Diego team that took one on the chin last week...UCD 24, San Diego 10.

WSU at Dixie State (FCS transitional)---The Wildcats go from playing their big brothers in the Pac-12 (and playing them well for 3 quarters) to now playing their younger brothers who are making the transition to FCS. Maybe a little easier this time...WSU 24, Dixie State 10.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-11

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

CWU 17-55 EWUIs this CDub team better than the one the Griz played in April?

Portland St. 21-49 WazzuIf Week 1 was any indication, this year's Apple Cup could be… interesting :?

Cal Poly 17-48 FresnoBeau Baldwin picked up his first win with Cal Poly last week—only 84 to go to match his EWU total :thumb:

Davis 35-13 San Diego — The Toreros have lost 14-straight games against Big Sky/Great West schools in the regular season

Yunie 24-17 Sac State — The Panthers just missed an upset bigger than Montana's last week

Idaho 13-44 IndianaThe battle of perennially underachieving I-State schools…

Idaho St. 10-48 NevadaThis Nevada team is a bit better than the one that somehow lost to the Bengals 4 years ago

Weber 27-10 Dixie — It's still unclear if the Trailblazers are any good

NAU 27-38 SoDakThe Lumberjacks travel to a dome that's about 6000 ft. lower than their own

Willynois 10-34 MontanaAn emotional letdown is plausible here… which would be a concern if the Griz were playing a good Missouri Valley team

Drake 7-37 Montana St.The first Rob Ash Bowl to not feature Rob Ash

NoCo 31-38 Houston Unitarian91º heat in South Texas won't be a fun time for Colorado boys
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Fresno State over CP
EWU over CWU
Indiana over UI
Nevada over ISU
UM over Western Illinois
MSU over Drake
South Dakota over NAU
UNC over Houston Baptist
Wazzu over PSU
UNI over Sac State
dungpilers over San Diego
WSU over DSU
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

CWU 17-55 EWU — I'll accept Venus' prediction here.

Portland St. 24-17 Wazzu — I know PSU's spring season was aborted and not up to par, but Wazzu has a long history of "playing down" to the level of competition....

Cal Poly 17-48 Fresno — Venus is also correct here.

Davis 42-23 San Diego — I hate to say it, but the Manure Pile is on a roll. They won't get past Causeway, though....

UNI 10-38 Sac State — The overconfident Panthers get their comeuppance as Sac continues it's recovery from rust, having learned about how to play against national-level competition after the playoff debacle of two years ago....

Idalol 13-44 Indinia — The Vandals can't hang against the school that can't spell in the league that can't count....

Idaho St. 10-48 Nevada — The Bungles can't handle G5 competition....

Weber 42-6 Dixie State — D-I is too good for Dixie...especially a playoff team like BBQ....

NAU 27-38 SoDak — Venus is good with interconference games....

W. Illinois 3-56 Montana — Griz win big.

Drake 7-37 Montana St. — I don't really expect much out of the Kitties, but almost anyone in the Big Sky could demolish Drake.

NoCo 15-42 Houston Baptist — I don't trust UNC to do anything right....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:53 pm After the first week, I am at 11-3 for the year and we have a couple more weeks of non-conference action before things get tough. I did get one of the FBS upsets last week (EWU over UNLV) but I missed the other two as well as the Cal Poly game. Here is my latest attempt at perfection for the week. Southern Utah is off this week but everyone else plays. All games Saturday (for now).

CP at Fresno State (FBS Mtn West)---The Mustangs came through in their first game of the season against a pesky Pioneer League team at San Diego. Now, they are the latest in a string of opponents for Fresno State, who gave Oregon quite a tussle last week...Fresno State 35, CP 14.

Central Washington (DII) at EWU---Fresh off their 2 overtime win over UNLV, the Eagles bring in their DII brothers for a game at home. The Eagles were in control early last week but things got interesting in a hurry. They hope they can stay on the accelerator this game...EWU 48, Central Washington 7.

UI at Indiana (FBS Big 10)---Last week the Vandals took care of a hapless DII squad in quick fashion. They now step up a level and head into Big 10 country for a date with one of the big boys in that major conference. Hopefully, the tables aren't turned around...Indiana 31, UI 14

ISU at Nevada (FBS Mtn West)---After having the rug pulled out from under them last week at home, the Bengals hit the road for a quick stop in Reno and a game against the FBS. They may be competitive but this game will get away from them...Nevada 38, ISU 17.

Western Illinois (FCS Missouri Valley) at UM---The Grizzlies were giant killers last week, taking down not only one of the big boys in the Pac-12, but also the #20 ranked team in the country. Now they return back to the FCS and hope they don't have a letdown...UM 42, Western Illinois 10.

Drake (FCS Pioneer) at MSU---Smarting from having a great win over the FBS taken from them, the Bobcats return home to face a strong Pioneer team. Will they look past Drake or will they seize the opportunity to gain some confidence...MSU 45, Drake 7.

NAU at South Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---After battling the defending national champions, the Lumberjacks head out to Missouri Valley country for a chance to get a good win. Maybe a bit more competitive but they may still have to wait for a win...South Dakota 21, NAU 17.

UNC at Houston Baptist (FCS Southland)---The best thing about last week was that the Bears stayed with the Pac-12 Colorado team for most of the first half. They will need to put together a full game against one of the better teams in the Southland...Houston Baptist 31, UNC 10.

PSU at Washington State (FBS Pac-12)---You can't spot a team 28 points in the first quarter and expect to win, especially when you are playing up a level. The Vikings get another chance at redemption as they head to what is close to a dumpster fire in the FBS...Washington State 28, PSU 24.

Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley) at SAC---The Hornets won last week with defense as their offense had a tough time to get going. Now they bring in a good Missouri Valley team that gave one of the better teams in the FBS all they could handle last week...Northern Iowa 28, SAC 20.

UCD at San Diego (FCS Pioneer)---People may have thought the Aggies had a chance against Tulsa last week, but few would have picked them for the upset. They head to SoCal this week for a good battle with a San Diego team that took one on the chin last week...UCD 24, San Diego 10.

WSU at Dixie State (FCS transitional)---The Wildcats go from playing their big brothers in the Pac-12 (and playing them well for 3 quarters) to now playing their younger brothers who are making the transition to FCS. Maybe a little easier this time...WSU 24, Dixie State 10.
11-1 this week, missed the UNC game. 22-4 overall.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:20 am 11-1 this week, missed the UNC game. 22-4 overall.
Ditto.

(but I'm 21-5 :oops: )
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:20 am
JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:53 pm After the first week, I am at 11-3 for the year and we have a couple more weeks of non-conference action before things get tough. I did get one of the FBS upsets last week (EWU over UNLV) but I missed the other two as well as the Cal Poly game. Here is my latest attempt at perfection for the week. Southern Utah is off this week but everyone else plays. All games Saturday (for now).

Nice call on the Griz/WIU score. :nod: :nod: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:38 am
JALMOND wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:20 am

How about that Cat/Drake score? :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:08 pm Fresno State over CP
EWU over CWU
Indiana over UI
Nevada over ISU
UM over Western Illinois
MSU over Drake
South Dakota over NAU
UNC over Houston Baptist
Wazzu over PSU
UNI over Sac State
dungpilers over San Diego
WSU over DSU
Perfection. Kinda surprised people thought Houston Baptist would beat UNC. HBU is awful...like stuck in Southland and can't get raided by the WAC awful.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:38 am

How about that Cat/Drake score? :lol:
Who? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12