Semifinal #3 JMU (7-0/3-0) @ #2 SHSU (8-0/6-0), Saturday, 5/8, 2:30 PM EST, ABC.

Football Championship Subdivision discussions

Who wins, JMU, or SHSU?

JMU
42%
SHSU
58%

Total votes: 12

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Semifinal #3 JMU (7-0/3-0) @ #2 SHSU (8-0/6-0), Saturday, 5/8, 2:30 PM EST, ABC.

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:02 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:35 pm

I give them credit for continuing to play hard and not giving up. But they were extremely lucky. JMU had to help them in order for them to win.
That's a two-way street ... if JMU helped them then they helped JMU at the end of the first half.
Nah, SHSU is the only team with any luck in JSO's mind and nothing's going to change that. NDSU pulling 16 points from kick returns and safeties in the week before just to hang close in that game with SHSU wasn't luck either, just great coaching, SHSU was lucky to make that long bomb late in the game to set up the winning score. Just an incredible amount of luck for SHSU and conversely an incredible amount of bad luck for anyone playing SHSU. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Semifinal #3 JMU (7-0/3-0) @ #2 SHSU (8-0/6-0), Saturday, 5/8, 2:30 PM EST, ABC.

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:17 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:02 pm

That's a two-way street ... if JMU helped them then they helped JMU at the end of the first half.
Nah, SHSU is the only team with any luck in JSO's mind and nothing's going to change that. NDSU pulling 16 points from kick returns and safeties in the week before just to hang close in that game with SHSU wasn't luck either, just great coaching, SHSU was lucky to make that long bomb late in the game to set up the winning score. Just an incredible amount of luck for SHSU and conversely an incredible amount of bad luck for anyone playing SHSU. :rofl:
Don't forget the 2 lucky Int's and fumble recovery by Sam against NDSU. :o

Watson's kick return was legit, 2nd in 4 games. He is the first team Stats FCS All-American Kick Returner.