Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Fall 2021 Prognostication

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:15 am

I wish him the best but I wasn't impressed with him as a QB (he did seem like a good teammate) in the spring. Is South Carolina hard up for a QB?
Yes, they are. Their intended starter is out with an injury, and nobody else on the roster had any FBS experience. They DO have an FCS transfer from St. Francis, the only other QB on the roster who has thrown a college pass. This Zeb, though, not only has his time at NDSU, he also has starts at Iowa State.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-south-c ... p_catchall
Zeb throws 4 TDs in Cocks win.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:23 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 am

Yes, they are. Their intended starter is out with an injury, and nobody else on the roster had any FBS experience. They DO have an FCS transfer from St. Francis, the only other QB on the roster who has thrown a college pass. This Zeb, though, not only has his time at NDSU, he also has starts at Iowa State.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-south-c ... p_catchall
I'd be interested to learn why he thought his career at NDSU was over, leading to his moving to South Carolina as a GA. Fortunate for SC that he had eligibility left....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:23 pm

I'd be interested to learn why he thought his career at NDSU was over, leading to his moving to South Carolina as a GA. Fortunate for SC that he had eligibility left....
He lost the starting job in the spring to a true freshman QB that wasn't good in his own right. He also knew NDSU had Quincy Patterson coming in. He knew his playing days were over.

He was/is going to be a coach so he searched for GA options and found one at South Carolina. Injuries were a thing apparently and he stepped in to fill in during practices. He played this spring so it isn't like he was years out of games. He performed well enough and the roster shook out to him starting.

Doubt he starts all year. he threw for 121 yards against EIU with SEC talent around him.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:37 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pm

He lost the starting job in the spring to a true freshman QB that wasn't good in his own right. He also knew NDSU had Quincy Patterson coming in. He knew his playing days were over.

He was/is going to be a coach so he searched for GA options and found one at South Carolina. Injuries were a thing apparently and he stepped in to fill in during practices. He played this spring so it isn't like he was years out of games. He performed well enough and the roster shook out to him starting.

Doubt he starts all year. he threw for 121 yards against EIU with SEC talent around him.
He is also more suited for a passing offense, vs the Bison run first offense.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:58 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:52 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK. 5-6. I’ll give you that after looking at that soft schedule.
Took a look at our roster. Offensively we'll be stacked, defense has some question marks. We should win at least 8 games (barring a rash of injuries on the offensive side), even a hiccup at 7 still crushes your crap ass prediction. :coffee:
I’m here to eat my plate of crow, SD. Sac appears to be for real…. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Took a look at our roster. Offensively we'll be stacked, defense has some question marks. We should win at least 8 games (barring a rash of injuries on the offensive side), even a hiccup at 7 still crushes your crap ass prediction. :coffee:
I’m here to eat my plate of crow, SD. Sac appears to be for real…. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
No worries. I actually like that people still think the Hornets under Troy Taylor aren't a good team. Defense has greatly exceeded my expectations. Now we just need to not shit the bed and a BSC Title is ours again.