WAC Revival

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

WAC Revival

Post by SuperHornet »

This has been hinted at in other threads, but I just noticed on the Tarleton State site that the WAC will sponsor FCS Football in Fall 2022, given the presence of Tarleton and Dixie State and the bolting of SFA from the Southland.

For me, this bodes well for the Big Sky, as we now have an FCS conference to provide OOC games within easy reach of us, and therefore removing from us the nasty choice between huge travel bills getting OOC games back East, taking "OOC" games from in-conference teams we're not scheduled to play in rotation that year, or taking extra body-bag FBS games. It stinks that much of the WAC presence is coming from D-II, but it DOES help us.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: WAC Revival

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:57 am This has been hinted at in other threads, but I just noticed on the Tarleton State site that the WAC will sponsor FCS Football in Fall 2022, given the presence of Tarleton and Dixie State and the bolting of SFA from the Southland.

For me, this bodes well for the Big Sky, as we now have an FCS conference to provide OOC games within easy reach of us, and therefore removing from us the nasty choice between huge travel bills getting OOC games back East, taking "OOC" games from in-conference teams we're not scheduled to play in rotation that year, or taking extra body-bag FBS games. It stinks that much of the WAC presence is coming from D-II, but it DOES help us.
It does and WAC will already be equal to if not better than the MEAC, NEC, and Patriot teams that serve as counters for the CAA and SoCon.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: WAC Revival

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

I wouldnt say it makes it easier to find ooc games with other fcs teams for most Big Sky schools considering the only wac football schools remotely close to any big Sky members are SUU and Dixie. If anything it helps NAU and Weber find OOC games.