BBQ Hail Mary

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

BBQ Hail Mary

Post by SuperHornet »

Just watched the Hail Mary that enabled Weber to beat NAU, courtesy of the SID's post to Twitter and linked to a Yahoo! article. (Odd that they'd have an article about a game their scoreboard says was COVID-cancelled, along with EVERY stinking game on the slate this weekend. While there were more such cancellations this past weekend than there have been so far this season, MOST games were, in fact, played.) It started off like the Packers, with a Rodgers-esque roll right to give the receivers more time to get downfield, but ending in a crowd sorta like Flutie's Hail Mary to beat Miami (though Flutie's roll right was more to escape the pass rush).

All I can say is well done, Weber! That was incredible!

:notworthy:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: BBQ Hail Mary

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

It was awesome but it never should have come to that. Give NAU credit but Weber had 2 redzone turnovers. One on the 3 yard line. Any kind of score there and the game is basically out of reach. Plus a few bonehead penalties on the Jacks helped.