Football Championship Subdivision discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Playoffs

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 am SW Missouri State is also on something of a hot streak. That may have factored into the committee's thinking, particularly since the COVID-influenced scheduling was highly MVFC-centric for them, at least once the spring season started.
They’re not SW Missouri St you dork. Just Missouri St.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Yes, I admit to being a dork, JMU. Heck, I still refer to North Dakota as the Sioux, the Washington FC as the Redskins, Memphis as Memphis State and Towson as Towson State. You shouldn't sound so surprised that a guy fixated on the mid-'80s Cowboys and mid-'70s Reds still hangs on to old names, dude. Most of the people here have accepted that and moved on.

:dead:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:19 am Yes, I admit to being a dork, JMU. Heck, I still refer to North Dakota as the Sioux, the Washington FC as the Redskins, Memphis as Memphis State and Towson as Towson State. You shouldn't sound so surprised that a guy fixated on the mid-'80s Cowboys and mid-'70s Reds still hangs on to old names, dude. Most of the people here have accepted that and moved on.

Well, when you make up names for the ‘directional’ schools it adds unecessary confusion, ie your non existent SW MO St, and SEMO..
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Oh, it's thanks to Horney calling them SW Missouri State. You really need to stop using your pet names for these teams on forums where we're trying to talk real football. My bad... obviously was looking at SEMO.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

In generic "sports talk," I'm using my weird names. When reporting scores, I plan to use "real names."

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:09 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 am
Was it their win over 3-4 UTM, 2-5, TTU or 2-5 TSU that was particularly impressive? :coffee:
Huh :suspicious: They are 5-1 this winter/spring season, 5-1 in the MVFC..
89 is slipping into his dotage. He's confusing MoSt (or SW Mo St) with SEMO. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:42 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:32 pm Well, UD got gifted into the semis..

Top 1/2 of the bracket 3 of the top 9 teams: SDSU, Weber, UD..

Bottom half 6 of the top 9 teams: JMU, NDSU, SHSU, UND, EWU, Mo St..
https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public- ... -superpage

Looks like Frisco will be SDSU vs whoever survives the bottom 1/2 of the bracket meatgrinder.
On what are you basing that? Coaches poll and Stats has it 4 and 5

Where in the world are you seeing Missouri State as a top team?
Final STATS poll.
Top 1/2 bracket: 4 teams in top 12.
Bottom 1/2 bracket: All 8 teams in top 12.

The bottom half of the bracket is significantly tougher. Its not even close.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:18 am

Final STATS poll.

Supporting your argument: Davidson, Sacred Heart and Holy Cross are the 3 weakest teams in the FCS NIT Tournament.

Questions that undercut your argument: Monmouth is top 12 but they've played 3 games so they're a question mark. Is VMI really top 12 without their QB?

Top quarter of the bracket is the toughest with 2 top 4 teams.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:18 am

Final STATS poll.

Thank you for moving the goalposts. I guess you were hoping nobody noticed. :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:19 am Yes, I admit to being a dork, JMU. Heck, I still refer to North Dakota as the Sioux, the Washington FC as the Redskins, Memphis as Memphis State and Towson as Towson State. You shouldn't sound so surprised that a guy fixated on the mid-'80s Cowboys and mid-'70s Reds still hangs on to old names, dude. Most of the people here have accepted that and moved on.

Do you still refer to her as Miss Grant or Mrs. Chapman?

(Sorry SH...couldn’t resist :mrgreen: )
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Do you still refer to her as Miss Grant or Mrs. Chapman?

(Sorry SH...couldn’t resist :mrgreen: )
Well it certainly isn't Mrs. Gill. ;)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:23 am

Well, when you make up names for the ‘directional’ schools it adds unecessary confusion, ie your non existent SW MO St, and SEMO..
89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 am Oh, it's thanks to Horney calling them SW Missouri State. You really need to stop using your pet names for these teams on forums where we're trying to talk real football. My bad... obviously was looking at SEMO.
It's not a made up name or a pet name. The institution used to be called Southwest Missouri State University (SMSU) until they changed their name in 2005.

Using old names is Super Horny's schtick just like pretending he's always right is 89's schtick. :coffee:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Playoffs

Post by clenz »

BDKJMU wrote:

Tell me you haven’t actually followed FCS football for very long without telling me you haven’t followed FCS football for very long

MSU was SWMSU until 2005-2006

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

clenz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:58 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Well, when you make up names for the ‘directional’ schools it adds unecessary confusion, ie your non existent SW MO St, and SEMO..
Tell me you haven’t actually followed FCS football for very long without telling me you haven’t followed FCS football for very long

BDK tries to ignore the past. He doesn't want anyone to know that he went to Virginia's State Normal and Industrial School for Women. :mrgreen:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Well, when you make up names for the ‘directional’ schools it adds unecessary confusion, ie your non existent SW MO St, and SEMO..

Or ever heard of a Weber grill. :?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:39 pm Using old names is Super Horny's schtick
Oh, I didn't know schools were actually called Manure Pile and BBQ. My bad.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I don't keep up on every irrelevant directional either. Remember that time Southwest Missouri State or Missouri State made the playoffs? Yeah, I don't either.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 pm

I don't keep up on every irrelevant directional either. Remember that time Southwest Missouri State or Missouri State made the playoffs? Yeah, I don't either.
Stop yer bitchin', you'll probably still be calling them UD or Delaware long after they become University of Maryland, Newark Campus. ;)

Seriously, SMSU had some good teams in the 80's they just couldn't get over the hump. They were UNI's major rival so Bear Week was a big deal.

Maybe you remember Charlie Spoonhour - great basketball coach. The women's basketball team has been very good from the 90's forward.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 pm Maybe you remember Charlie Spoonhour - great basketball coach. The women's basketball team has been very good from the 90's forward.
Ohhhhhh THAT Southwest Missouri State :roll:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 pm Seriously, SMSU had some good teams in the 80's they just couldn't get over the hump. They were UNI's major rival so Bear Week was a big deal.
BTW, that's like Delaware's big rival Delaware State. Is it a rival if they always suck? Southwest Missouri beat UNI once in the 90's. At least we know why you're defending them. :lol: :kisswink:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:37 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 pm Seriously, SMSU had some good teams in the 80's they just couldn't get over the hump. They were UNI's major rival so Bear Week was a big deal.
BTW, that's like Delaware's big rival Delaware State. Is it a rival if they always suck? Southwest Missouri beat UNI once in the 90's. At least we know why you're defending them. :lol: :kisswink:
:hide: I think I touched a nerve with the "you'll probably still be calling them UD or Delaware long after they become University of Maryland, Newark Campus" comment.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:46 pm

:chair: I think I touched a nerve with the "you'll probably still be calling them UD or Delaware long after they become University of Maryland, Newark Campus" comment.
10 years ago yes. But you forget I'm a Terps fan now. I just got off the phone with my ticket rep re-upping my basketball season tix. 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:47 pm
:chair: I think I touched a nerve with the "you'll probably still be calling them UD or Delaware long after they become University of Maryland, Newark Campus" comment.
10 years ago yes. But you forget I'm a Terps fan now. I just got off the phone with my ticket rep re-upping my basketball season tix. 8-)
If you get the chance, kick that twit, Mark Turgeon, in the nuts. :nutkick:
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Careful dissing on Delaware State - I remember annually beating the shit out of lousy colleges like West Chester and William & Mary and Towson, and then they'd get lucky and beat us...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:47 pm

That’s where Len Dawson went to school, right?