Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 3/27-3/28 score thread

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:57 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:42 pm
Not with 4 current or future AAs on that secondary, 2 of them future NFL starters.

Amd EWU would have struggled to stop that JMU offense- put up 80+ twice, and 65 in 3 qtrs vs SHSU in the Qtr finals..
JMU’s D was terrific but WSU and NDSU had trouble stopping that offense. Richmond put up 43 against JMU that year.

But we did struggle to stop anyone that year and I’m sure it would have been a shootout.
Well, with JMU up 47-36 UR scored a TD litterally on the last play of the game to make it 47-43. Happened at least 4X during that season when JMU backups gave up a garbage time TD in the closing seconds of the game (twice during the playoffs see below) to make scores closer than they were. UR also had a 4th Rd draft pick QB in Kyle Lauletta and a WR who spent a couple seasons in the NFL.

Sept-early Nov a EWU/JMU matchup in decent weather probably would have been an 80-100 point shootout. JMU‘s defense that season didn‘t really hit on all cylinders until after the UR game, the last 6 games 2 regular season and playoffs). Some of that was new coaching staff/defense that season, some got some early season injured back. Last 6 games beat:
-VU, who was playoffs round of 16, 20-7.
-Elon 63-14.
-Round of 16 JMU was up 55-15 when UNH scored TD with 20 sec left against JMU backups.
-Quarterfinals JMU was up 65-0 on SHSU 3rd qtr. SHSU TD scored 4th qtr on JMU backups. And SHSU was scoring like a million pts a game heading into that game.
-Semis 27-17 over NDSU.
-Frisco up over YSU 28-7 over YSU when scored TD with 10 seconds left.

JMU had a much better offense, and a better defense during the playoffs, than YSU. I still think JMU would have beat EWU by multiple scores 42-28 ish, but of course we‘ll never know. Next time you’all don’t choke at home in the semis, and we can finally have the 1st ever JMU/EWU matchup.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.