18. Albany
19. VMI
20. UNH
21. Manure Pile (Say what?!?)
22. Incarnate Word (Wow!)
23. Richmond
24. Jackson State
25. Murray State

Dropped Out: Wofford (20), SD (21), IL State (22), Monmouth (24)

ORV: Monmouth, Idalol, Rhode Island, Gardner-Webb, IL State, Maine, SD, Austin Peay (why?!?), Tarleton State, San Diego, Wofford, ETSU

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... fcs-top-25

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: 3/15 STATS Poll

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Weber dropped after beating a ranked team???????

On that note UC Davis jumped 2 spots despite losing to Weber. So apparently a close loss at Weber is worth more than a close win against Davis......... :suspicious:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 am Weber dropped after beating a ranked team???????

On that note UC Davis jumped 2 spots despite losing to Weber. So apparently a close loss at Weber is worth more than a close win against Davis......... :suspicious:
:lol:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Again Weber gets leapfrogged, first by a team who beat a nobody, now by a team with a blowout loss on their resume. And all the while the team Weber "barely" managed to beat went up 6 more spots with a blowout win over Poly. Our win over Davis looks better and better yet teams keep passing us up

Feel like Rodney Dangerfield over here
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:11 am Again Weber gets leapfrogged, first by a team who beat a nobody, now by a team with a blowout loss on their resume. And all the while the team Weber "barely" managed to beat went up 6 more spots with a blowout win over Poly. Our win over Davis looks better and better yet teams keep passing us up

Agree that NDSU is too high, and I'll get called a sandbagger for that, but Weber only has 2 games so far to judge the team by. The other team that blowing people out is Sam Houston. It will even out in the end. I don't get too excited about early polls, but it's interesting to watch the change over a season.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:41 pm
Wildcat Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:11 am Again Weber gets leapfrogged, first by a team who beat a nobody, now by a team with a blowout loss on their resume. And all the while the team Weber "barely" managed to beat went up 6 more spots with a blowout win over Poly. Our win over Davis looks better and better yet teams keep passing us up

Agree that NDSU is too high, and I'll get called a sandbagger for that, but Weber only has 2 games so far to judge the team by. The other team that blowing people out is Sam Houston. It will even out in the end. I don't get too excited about early polls, but it's interesting to watch the change over a season.

I dont normally care too much about early season polls. It just seems like Weber is being judged a lot more harshly for a close win over Davis 2 weeks ago than other teams who have losses. Weber fell a spot despite beating a ranked Davis and yet Davis has steadily gone up 8 spots in two weeks, making Weber's win look better, now that "punishment" doesnt seem so justified and yet they keep getting leapfrogged. Granted they have only played 2 games courtesy of a bye and covid at Poly. But JMU hasnt played a game since march 6th and they're still strong at #1.

I know polls usually mean nothing, especially in a season with zero ooc matchups. It just appears Weber is kinda getting the shaft.

I agree with Sam Houston though. They've been killing it
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:39 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:41 pm

I dont normally care too much about early season polls. It just seems like Weber is being judged a lot more harshly for a close win over Davis 2 weeks ago than other teams who have losses. Weber fell a spot despite beating a ranked Davis and yet Davis has steadily gone up 8 spots in two weeks, making Weber's win look better, now that "punishment" doesnt seem so justified and yet they keep getting leapfrogged. Granted they have only played 2 games courtesy of a bye and covid at Poly. But JMU hasnt played a game since march 6th and they're still strong at #1.

I know polls usually mean nothing, especially in a season with zero ooc matchups. It just appears Weber is kinda getting the shaft.

I agree with Sam Houston though. They've been killing it
AGS Poll has Weber and Sam Houston tied at #1