SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Week 1 Games/Scoreboard

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:12 pm

Jesus. At least there is a WAC FCS conference to join if NMSU ever wants to be competitive in FB ever again. Youch. Tarleton is an FCS transition program. :lol:
What I really LOL’ed about was, as the score was 30-7, the (obviously biased) NMSU announcers were discussing the fall schedule, going through the games, and talking about how several were “winnable”, and how they could come out of the schedule with a “decent record”...you fellas couldn’t even hang with a D-2 transition team, and you think a schedule full of Utah State, SDSU, Alabama, Hawaii, SJSU, UNM, Kentucky, is gonna leave you with a “decent record”????? There are TWO games on that schedule they MIGHT have a chance to keep close: Dixie State and UMass....other than that, they’re gonna get rolled. Just like today.
:nod: :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:20 pm God all Friday the NMSU Aggies are horrid. They are getting WORKED by Tarelton State right now....
Being this is the week 1, scoreboard. In week 1, Tarelton State took McNeese into 2OT. Could be an up and coming school.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:01 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:20 pm God all Friday the NMSU Aggies are horrid. They are getting WORKED by Tarelton State right now....
Being this is the week 1, scoreboard. In week 1, Tarelton State took McNeese into 2OT. Could be an up and coming school.
Taleton State/JSO St weren’t Week 1.. Just like last season/2019 when on Aug 24 you had VU/Colgate and Samford/YSU in the FCS Kickoff game that was ‘Week 0”
https://fbschedules.com/2019-college-fo ... 20schedule.
When the bulk of teams hve their 1st game has always been ‘Week 1’. Not a hard concept.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Taleton State/JSO St weren’t Week 1.. Just like last season/2019 when on Aug 24 you had VU/Colgate and Samford/YSU in the FCS Kickoff game that was ‘Week 0”
When the bulk of teams hve their 1st game has always been ‘Week 1’. Not a hard concept.
Better talk to ESPN then, because IDGAF.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:12 pm

Jesus. At least there is a WAC FCS conference to join if NMSU ever wants to be competitive in FB ever again. Youch. Tarleton is an FCS transition program. :lol:
What I really LOL’ed about was, as the score was 30-7, the (obviously biased) NMSU announcers were discussing the fall schedule, going through the games, and talking about how several were “winnable”, and how they could come out of the schedule with a “decent record”...you fellas couldn’t even hang with a D-2 transition team, and you think a schedule full of Utah State, SDSU, Alabama, Hawaii, SJSU, UNM, Kentucky, is gonna leave you with a “decent record”????? There are TWO games on that schedule they MIGHT have a chance to keep close: Dixie State and UMass....other than that, they’re gonna get rolled. Just like today.

All that said, the way Tarleton State dominated New Mexico State made me feel a lot better about McNeese needing some breaks to squeak by the Texans last week. Not only did they beat the Aggies badly on the scoreboard, they outgained them 501 to 241 in total yards. Very balanced with 249 rushing yards and 252 passing yards. AND they were playing without six offensive starters, including their starting quarterback, due to COVID-19 protocol.

I know they are transitioning from D2, but that game Tarleton State lost to McNeese was the first "regular season" game Tarleton State had lost since November, 2017. Their only two losses in 2018 and 2019 were competitive D2 playoff games against two solid programs: 10-13 to Minnesota State Mankato in 2018 then 16-23 in 2019 to a Texas A&M Commerce team they'd beaten during the regular season.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Tarleton State is now 25-3 in their last 28 games with the three losses being that overtime loss to McNeese, a 6 point loss to East Texas State in the 2019 D2 playoffs, and a 3 point loss to Minnesota State Mankato in the 2018 D2 playoffs. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against McNeese. I'll take the win. And I think McNeese showed some character in never giving up. But if you were a Tarleton State fan it was a Image.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Better talk to ESPN then, because IDGAF.
You’re free to be wrong. Its a free country.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.