Big Sky pauses season

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Big Sky pauses season

Post by Thundernuts »

not sure if this was already posted, but this sucks....
https://www.ksl.com/article/50003559/we ... -to-spring
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Big Sky pauses season

Post by Col Hogan »

Was it really a shock???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Going to happen to all
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

This came out in parts. First, all we saw (on the CBS13 news in Sac, anyway) was that the Big Sky had flat-out cancelled the season. About a day or so later, that was amended so that it had been pushed back to the spring, something I think we were all expecting, anyway. But, as 13 quoted Sac HC Troy Taylor about a day or two ago, that leaves open the possibility of OOC games this fall. They were specifically touting the Washington game (grudge match with our recently departed quarterback), but I highly doubt that because the entire P5 is running scared and has cancelled all OOC games involving their schools. If we have a fall OOC schedule at all, I suspect that it will feature D-IIs and our usual in-conference "OOC" games....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Now we can turn our attention to basketball and continue this whole game of "are we playin' or not" over there.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:33 pm Now we can turn our attention to basketball and continue this whole game of "are we playin' or not" over there.
COVID's gotta be totally under control to play basketball because all the games are indoors, so I'd be shocked if the season started in November.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

and now the BIG 10 just canceled, this is probably the snowball running down the hill. I'd be surprised if the NFL doesnt cancel now too.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Thundernuts wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am and now the BIG 10 just canceled, this is probably the snowball running down the hill. I'd be surprised if the NFL doesnt cancel now too.
Eh, nothing official yet - there's conflicting reports on this and with the players pushing back very strongly it's possible this hasn't been decided at all.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Thundernuts wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am and now the BIG 10 just canceled, this is probably the snowball running down the hill. I'd be surprised if the NFL doesnt cancel now too.
The NFL is different. Players are better able to isolate and limit contact to family, team and opponents. They have a shot if they are careful as individuals. College players need to go to class if there is in-person learning and their fellow students might not be as careful.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Postponed means cancelled. The problem now is they have all basically boxed themselves in the "can't play until there is a vaccine" corner as literally nothing has changed wrt to the China Virus since April, and nothing will change until there is a vaccine (if ever).
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 am Postponed means cancelled. The problem now is they have all basically boxed themselves in the "can't play until there is a vaccine" corner as literally nothing has changed wrt to the China Virus since April, and nothing will change until there is a vaccine (if ever).
The Manure Pile just announced testing of a vaccine....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.