Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

McNeese hires LSU 2010 - 2015 Recruiting Coordinator

Post by JohnStOnge »

That's the most positive part of the spin, I think. He was available because he wasn't able to win at Texas San Antonio. But, hey, he knows the recruiting ropes in Louisiana and Texas. He's well-liked by the high school coaches in those States. We'll see what happens.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... s-mcneese/
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: McNeese hires LSU 2010 - 2015 Recruiting Coordinator

Post by kalm »

And in other news...Missouri State hires Bobby Petrino.

:shock:

:lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Awards
Rivals.com National Recruiter of Year (2011)
NFL.com Top Recruiter in College Football (2014)
Scout.com SEC Recruiter of the Year (2015)

That's when he was recruiting at the top level of college football at LSU. Let's hope he can recruit really well relative to the FCS level.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok. Initial indications are that this is the kind of person McNeese needed to get as coach again. For 28 years the school was hiring people with connections to McNeese...with a lot of pride in the school...and they did something different in late 2018. Now that guy is gone. But it appears that this guy wants to be at McNeese for reasons other than money. Here are some quotes from an event yesterday where he was introduced to fans:
I’ve always watched this place as a Nicholls State alumnus, with tremendous envy. It was always the premier school in the Southland Conference. It was always the premier school in Louisiana.
When this job opportunity came, my agent reach out to me and he said ‘what do you think about it?’, and I had been entertaining different jobs at different levels, all the way up to the National Football League. And I said ‘I want it.’ He said ‘well do you want to talk about the budget?’ I said ‘I want it’. He said ‘you want to talk about the facilities?’, I said ‘I want it.’ And he said ‘so I take it you want it?’ I said yes I do...
“We will get back to our winning ways that we have so much pride for. There is no other team in this conference that have had more all-conference player, over 200 over the years. There’s no other team in this conference that have had five coaches from here to be in the top 10 overall in winning percentage. There’s been no other team in this conference that have won more conference games, have made more playoff appearances, and if you’re looking to find out how to do it right, you turn to Lake Charles. You turn to McNeese. Because it has been, and it will continue to be, the standard in the Southland Conference.
“I had a chance to have a conversation with Coach Ed Orgeron as they were preparing to go into the White House and he said to me, ‘you know coach, my boy is there. We love McNeese. And we had options in this state and we chose to go to McNeese because we really believe that it is a premier school in this state.
If nothing else he's got the fans jacked up. I'm a little apprehensive about him not doing all that well in terms of wins and losses at Texas San Antonio. At the same time, Ed Orgeron's only full season head coaching job prior to LSU was at Ole Miss where he went 3-8, 4-8, and 3-9 overall as well as 1-7, 2-6, and 0-8 in the SEC. And I AM optimistic about him being able to bring in a high level of talent by FCS standards.
Could I ever be a star?

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

McNeese St. should’ve hired Bama’s Director of Jersey & Uniform Operations! Also, UNLV’s Assistant Liaison for Clark County High School Junior Varsity Athletics is a good qualified candidate.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS