55%

Total votes: 22

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: SHOULD NDSU GET TF OUTTA FCS?

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:39 am NDSU has a nice WR core and a guy that really intrigues me ZACH MATHIS 6'6 200 how did the state of Florida allow this guy to escape from the city of Miami this guy needs more balls thrown his way.
He looks good, and has some size, but has a couple good receivers ahead of him on the depth chart.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie Guys like Mathis don't come around everyday for FCS based schools.If I were the head coach I would stick him on the track team to work on the obvious good old fashioned foot speed.Imagine this guy at 6'6 200 with 4.37 (40) speed.Christian Watson at 6'4 200 is ahead of him as you said I would start both of these guys.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:13 am
dal4018 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:39 am NDSU has a nice WR core and a guy that really intrigues me ZACH MATHIS 6'6 200 how did the state of Florida allow this guy to escape from the city of Miami this guy needs more balls thrown his way.
He looks good, and has some size, but has a couple good receivers ahead of him on the depth chart.
As I said before North Carolina A&T was supposed to play a game vs NDSU and there was a potential matchup I would like to have seen Zach Mathis vs Franklin McCain III.McCain is arguably the best player for A&T and he could have used this game as a NFL audition playing against Mathis had they met on the field.McCain has the speed to keep up with most opposing WRs 4.37 plus he is 6'0 175.I think he could be a poor man's DARRELL GREEN.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:13 am

As I said before North Carolina A&T was supposed to play a game vs NDSU and there was a potential matchup I would like to have seen Zach Mathis vs Franklin McCain III.McCain is arguably the best player for A&T and he could have used this game as a NFL audition playing against Mathis had they met on the field.McCain has the speed to keep up with most opposing WRs 4.37 plus he is 6'0 175.I think he could be a poor man's DARRELL GREEN.
Christian Watson, 6'4", 200lbs would have been a good match for McCain. He's the deep guy and the speed guy. Not sure on his 40 though. Phoenix Sproles is a good receiver too, cousin of Darrin Sproles.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:09 pm
dal4018 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Christian Watson, 6'4", 200lbs would have been a good match for McCain. He's the deep guy and the speed guy. Not sure on his 40 though. Phoenix Sproles is a good receiver too, cousin of Darrin Sproles.
Yes Watson would have been a great matchup for McCain and like you I guess at his 40 right now maybe its a 4.40 I hope he is on the school's track team which is making progress.Watson with his size of 6'4 200 he looks like a HIGH HURDLER/SPRINTER obviously.Sproles is a clone of his famous cousin with more speed.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie I just paid a visit to the website NFL DRAFT SCOUT and they have Watson listed at 6-2 200 which is still good and like you they didn't have any information about his footspeed in the 40 yd dash.Again I can only hope he is on the school's track team.I tried to find info on Mathis and saw a story about him and he was listed at 6-4 190 instead of the aforementioned size of 6'6 200 I saw on the school's website.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Looked at the Spring depth chart today. 1 Senior on defense, 4 on offense and 3 on special teams. Lost a few since last fall.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Who cares?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:46 pmWho cares?
More people than there are that care about Delaware, from what I've heard. The West is the Best.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Still early in the season, but NDSU doesn't look like it's going to be a world beater this year, much less FCS. Probably a average FCS team this year.