JMU and East Coast Fans=Classles

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
UTGrizfan
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: DA GRIZ!!!

JMU and East Coast Fans=Classles

Post by UTGrizfan »

Okay after looking over egriz and the jmu forums and on here i have gotten this impression...that football is only good in the east and that out west teams are cupcakes and that is just plain bull*hit. Seriously before the game you see JMU posters stating "were going to kill them" and posts on here saying "that out west teams have no chance of winning." And afterwards you see posts how Landers getting injured caused the loss and that how montana was classless in your win seriously mature a little bit poeple!!! All of you guys need to pull the heads out of your asses and grow up. I see posts of people saying how montana has been the only good consitent back east team, well lets put it this way, NOT EVERY TEAM BACK EAST HAS EITHER YOU HYPOCRITES!! Seriously put Weber State and Cal Poly in different brackets and we would have a different picture for this years semis and possibly the national championship. I am not bashing how Richmond and JMU played because i will admit they are great teams, just the classes a-hole fans that populate the eastern coast and JMU board. Seriously the prayer at the end of the game IS NOT AN INSULT. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS. It is just the Montana team as a whole praying for a safe game and coming away with a victory, JMU fans grow up we could have easily rubbed it in but we didnt Even RICHMOND noticed that we had class at the end of the game. Hopefully Montana's win at JMU will shut up some of those ignorant fans who obviously have their heads so far up their a^^ they cant see the whole picture. Okay, rant is over, now GO GRIZ!!!!! :D
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Re: JMU and East Coast Fans=Classles

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

I seriously don't get what the hell is up with some of our fans. Who gives a god damn if they have an opinion that they are better? That's normally what you think or hope when you go into a playoff game and I don't fault them for thinking like I do...my team is better than yours and we're gonna win. I personally couldn't give a shit less if any of them respect us. If we win that's all the proof I need. The arguments and the banter is exactly what draws me to these boards. I don't come here to see a mutual dick sucking contest. Everything you mentioned in your post I have seen done by Griz posters and to act like egriz doesn't have the same elements that you describe about the CAA board is disingenuous at the very least.
UTGrizfan
A.K.A.: DA GRIZ!!!

Post by UTGrizfan »

I do agree that there are some bad apples on Egriz dont get me wrong, it just seems that the sheer number of east coast and jmu fans all year and after the game of fans like that has been astounding. Not at all bad mouthing the teams and those good fans, just those who dont know how to shut up. :D
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

UTGrizfan wrote:I do agree that there are some bad apples on Egriz dont get me wrong, it just seems that the sheer number of east coast and jmu fans all year and after the game of fans like that has been astounding. Not at all bad mouthing the teams and those good fans, just those who dont know how to shut up. :D
Some can be annoying and some are ill informed. Now can you guess who's fan base I'm talking about? I guess I just don't care if some idiot on the east coast sitting at his computer taking up bandwidth respects my team or not. I don't mind arguing with them but I would never let them get under my skin for dissing my team. The ol' winning thing makes the "Living well is the best revenge" thing work out for me I guess. They were wrong, they lost, so fuck em', and that's that.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

UTGriz...it doesn't really make a flying frig of difference what the east coast trolls say (or Griz fans don't say) about anything beyond their own teams. At 14-1 all being decisive wins, no matter how your opponents & their fans try to spin their losses, anybody who knows football and saw the games knows Montana won, no b.s. and no excuses. The Griz have risen to the occasion over and over, regardless of what is spoken, and that's the way it should be.
Don't sweat the dumbsh!ts...just look to the C-game.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:I seriously don't get what the hell is up with some of our fans. Who gives a god damn if they have an opinion that they are better? That's normally what you think or hope when you go into a playoff game and I don't fault them for thinking like I do...my team is better than yours and we're gonna win. I personally couldn't give a shit less if any of them respect us. If we win that's all the proof I need. The arguments and the banter is exactly what draws me to these boards. I don't come here to see a mutual dick sucking contest. Everything you mentioned in your post I have seen done by Griz posters and to act like egriz doesn't have the same elements that you describe about the CAA board is disingenuous at the very least.
Not what I heard.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:I don't come here to see a mutual dick sucking contest.
You're a lyin' son of a bitch and you know it. You've been lookin' for that thread for three YEARS! :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
godukes
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison Dukes

Post by godukes »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:I seriously don't get what the hell is up with some of our fans. Who gives a god damn if they have an opinion that they are better? That's normally what you think or hope when you go into a playoff game and I don't fault them for thinking like I do...my team is better than yours and we're gonna win. I personally couldn't give a shit less if any of them respect us. If we win that's all the proof I need. The arguments and the banter is exactly what draws me to these boards. I don't come here to see a mutual dick sucking contest. Everything you mentioned in your post I have seen done by Griz posters and to act like egriz doesn't have the same elements that you describe about the CAA board is disingenuous at the very least.

THANK YOU. The guy whoever started this post needs to grow up. Yea everybody no matter what level of football or in any sport is going to have fans saying we are going to kill them. That is just trash talking. I am sure there were Montana fans in 2004 who said we are going to kill JMU when in all, that didn't happen. I knew Montana was a good team and same with Cal Poly and the others out west. I admit I was more worried about the Nova game than the Montana game since Nova had a much harder schedule than Montana, but on that day Montana was better than JMU. At least that I am not going to go on here after the game friday and if Montana loses, and say that Montana are choke artist since they can't win it all like JMU did over Montana in 04 and in this situation Richmond in 08. Obviously Montana has a good squad if before the playoffs they were ranked #5.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote: I knew Montana was a good team and same with Cal Poly and the others out west. I admit I was more worried about the Nova game than the Montana game since Nova had a much harder schedule than Montana,

See, godukes, it's THIS crap that really gets people's blood boiling. JMU went undefeated in "the best conference in America". Montana went 7-1 against a "soft" schedule. Then Montana owns JMU. Me thinks you might want to give just a TAD more respect to Montana's schedule, which you seem to think was so much easier than JMU's.

Villanova's OOC schedule consisted of Lehigh, Penn, Colgate and an FBS body bag game. Their only three tough FCS games were JMU and Richmond and UNH. Their schedule is littered with teams that posted gaudy records, but didn't beat ANYBODY of significance. You really need to let this go that the CAA's schedules were "much harder".
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
godukes wrote: I knew Montana was a good team and same with Cal Poly and the others out west. I admit I was more worried about the Nova game than the Montana game since Nova had a much harder schedule than Montana,

See, godukes, it's THIS crap that really gets people's blood boiling. JMU went undefeated in "the best conference in America". Montana went 7-1 against a "soft" schedule. Then Montana owns JMU. Me thinks you might want to give just a TAD more respect to Montana's schedule, which you seem to think was so much easier than JMU's.

Villanova's OOC schedule consisted of Lehigh, Penn, Colgate and an FBS body bag game. Their only three tough FCS games were JMU and Richmond and UNH. Their schedule is littered with teams that posted gaudy records, but didn't beat ANYBODY of significance. You really need to let this go that the CAA's schedules were "much harder".

Who cares about a schedule in the first place. I do have respect for Montana and always have. If you looked at my recent posts I commended Montana for their sportsmanship after the game. Yea the CAA is the toughest conference, but who cares if it is or isn't. What matters is what you do in the playoffs. Everyone in the playoffs start 0-0. Don't forget W&M who almost made the playoffs and West Virginia whom Villanova played also. Oh btw I would much rather have the Championship win over Montana in 04, than just an apperance in another championship in 08.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote: Don't forget W&M who almost made the playoffs and West Virginia whom Villanova played also. Oh btw I would much rather have the Championship win over Montana in 04, than just an apperance in another championship in 08.
Ahhh...Bill & Mary....the POSTER CHILD for proving my point about teams with gaudy records not beating ANYONE of significance (fine, I'll give you UNH). They lost to every other good tam they played.

As far as your last comment, so you were expecting to lose this year had you made it? Or are you now predicting a Richmond victory over Montana? :roll: :roll: :roll:
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
godukes wrote: Don't forget W&M who almost made the playoffs and West Virginia whom Villanova played also. Oh btw I would much rather have the Championship win over Montana in 04, than just an apperance in another championship in 08.
Ahhh...Bill & Mary....the POSTER CHILD for proving my point about teams with gaudy records not beating ANYONE of significance (fine, I'll give you UNH). They lost to every other good tam they played.

As far as your last comment, so you were expecting to lose this year had you made it? Or are you now predicting a Richmond victory over Montana? :roll: :roll: :roll:

W&M took Richmond to OT, beat UNH, and some other good teams. Since the CAA is so big, not everyone in the conference plays each other. I will take sports writers/analyst over your opinion who's conference is the best, but that's not at issue. Well, I am half for Richmond and half for Montana. I don't want Richmond being NC because some of my friends are Spiders fans(I live in Richmond) and JMU won the conference and beat Richmond and I don't want to hear Richmond with a 13-3 record is better than JMU who is 12-2 who beat Richmond. But then again, one of my friend's brother is a nice guy and plays for Richmond so I want him to get a ring.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

godukes wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Ahhh...Bill & Mary....the POSTER CHILD for proving my point about teams with gaudy records not beating ANYONE of significance (fine, I'll give you UNH). They lost to every other good tam they played.

W&M took Richmond to OT, beat UNH, and some other good teams. Since the CAA is so big, not everyone in the conference plays each other. UNH did beat Army by a decent margin. UNH is a perfect example of Montana not playing anybody besides like 2 or 3 ranked teams. I will take sports writers/analyst over your opinion who's conference is the best, but that's not at issue. Well, I am half for Richmond and half for Montana. I don't want Richmond being NC because some of my friends are Spiders fans(I live in Richmond) and JMU won the conference and beat Richmond and I don't want to hear Richmond with a 13-3 record is better than JMU who is 12-2 who beat Richmond. But then again, one of my friend's brother is a nice guy and plays for Richmond so I want him to get a ring.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

godukes wrote:W&M took Richmond to OT, beat UNH, and some other good teams. Since the CAA is so big, not everyone in the conference plays each other. I will take sports writers/analyst over your opinion who's conference is the best, but that's not at issue. Well, I am half for Richmond and half for Montana. I don't want Richmond being NC because some of my friends are Spiders fans(I live in Richmond) and JMU won the conference and beat Richmond and I don't want to hear Richmond with a 13-3 record is better than JMU who is 12-2 who beat Richmond. But then again, one of my friend's brother is a nice guy and plays for Richmond so I want him to get a ring.
Where the problem lies is that pundits are trying to compare conferences/programs with different methods/systems. It's extremely difficult to compare a program like W. Ill or MT who tend to run traditional size 50%/speed 50% with other FCS modeled pgms running speed 80%/size20% recruiting. With W/C, Run & Gun, Spread, 3-4, and Option only packages having become the norm throughout both the FBS and FCS, there are so many variables it's hard to prioritize them.
I kinda laughed when I saw the Duke's Coach's post game comments attributing the loss (in effect) entirely on the turnovers. While those turnovers were killer, aside from that, aside from the stats, when it came time to execute, MT executed and JMU did not (...btw, ask yourself when the last time was you saw a goal line stop [yes, that was stopped regardless of what the ACC blindmen said] like the Dudzik dive, at ANY level. That stop displayed the strength, athleticism, and speed of the Griz.). Anyway, anytime you start thinking that players born in Virginny are the best, or kids prepped in OH high schools are better prepared, or size trumps speed or vice-versa, go back and look at the Appy/Mich game. There could hardly be two programs with a more diverse recruiting/development/gameplan method, yet, with all the money and coaching and recruiting at Michigan's disposal, on any given day, Applachian went into Ann Arbor and schooled the Wolverines in their house.

Point is, don't judge based principally on past history or other "voodoo", non-tangibles such as which side of the river the player was born. Look at how they play.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Ahhh...Bill & Mary....the POSTER CHILD for proving my point about teams with gaudy records not beating ANYONE of significance (fine, I'll give you UNH). They lost to every other good tam they played.

W&M took Richmond to OT, beat UNH, and some other good teams. Since the CAA is so big, not everyone in the conference plays each other. I will take sports writers/analyst over your opinion who's conference is the best, but that's not at issue. Well, I am half for Richmond and half for Montana. I don't want Richmond being NC because some of my friends are Spiders fans(I live in Richmond) and JMU won the conference and beat Richmond and I don't want to hear Richmond with a 13-3 record is better than JMU who is 12-2 who beat Richmond. But then again, one of my friend's brother is a nice guy and plays for Richmond so I want him to get a ring.

Aw, hell, Dukie. Just go ahead and say whay you've been beatin' around the bush about for 2 days....you're a closet Griz FAN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
godukes wrote:

Aw, hell, Dukie. Just go ahead and say whay you've been beatin' around the bush about for 2 days....you're a closet Griz FAN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha!!! Seriously I live over here in VA and to be a Montana fan here when I didn't go there it is like, Montana???? What is there to do in Montana?
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

travelinman67 wrote:
godukes wrote:W&M took Richmond to OT, beat UNH, and some other good teams. Since the CAA is so big, not everyone in the conference plays each other. I will take sports writers/analyst over your opinion who's conference is the best, but that's not at issue. Well, I am half for Richmond and half for Montana. I don't want Richmond being NC because some of my friends are Spiders fans(I live in Richmond) and JMU won the conference and beat Richmond and I don't want to hear Richmond with a 13-3 record is better than JMU who is 12-2 who beat Richmond. But then again, one of my friend's brother is a nice guy and plays for Richmond so I want him to get a ring.
Where the problem lies is that pundits are trying to compare conferences/programs with different methods/systems. It's extremely difficult to compare a program like W. Ill or MT who tend to run traditional size 50%/speed 50% with other FCS modeled pgms running speed 80%/size20% recruiting. With W/C, Run & Gun, Spread, 3-4, and Option only packages having become the norm throughout both the FBS and FCS, there are so many variables it's hard to prioritize them.
I kinda laughed when I saw the Duke's Coach's post game comments attributing the loss (in effect) entirely on the turnovers. While those turnovers were killer, aside from that, aside from the stats, when it came time to execute, MT executed and JMU did not (...btw, ask yourself when the last time was you saw a goal line stop [yes, that was stopped regardless of what the ACC blindmen said] like the Dudzik dive, at ANY level. That stop displayed the strength, athleticism, and speed of the Griz.). Anyway, anytime you start thinking that players born in Virginny are the best, or kids prepped in OH high schools are better prepared, or size trumps speed or vice-versa, go back and look at the Appy/Mich game. There could hardly be two programs with a more diverse recruiting/development/gameplan method, yet, with all the money and coaching and recruiting at Michigan's disposal, on any given day, Applachian went into Ann Arbor and schooled the Wolverines in their house.

Point is, don't judge based principally on past history or other "voodoo", non-tangibles such as which side of the river the player was born. Look at how they play.

Yea Montana excuted and Dukes didn't. One of the main reasons why the Dukes lost is they beat themselves. But anyways what I want to get to is the goaline stop. Yea it was a goalline stop, but Drew was in there and Landers wasn't. Drew is not going to run people over; he is too small. Landers I know would have been able to run Montana over at the goalline and that is what the CAA has had to dealt with the whole year while Montana had Drew in that situation. I am wondering who is faster Drew or Landers. Is there a place to go to find his HS stats.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

So I looked up Drew and I found out that he was a top 30 Virginia player on rivals.com coming out of HS. They didn't even say Landers was in top 100. Gives me hope about Drew and JMU.
putter
Level2
Level2

Post by putter »

godukes wrote:So I looked up Drew and I found out that he was a top 30 Virginia player on rivals.com coming out of HS. They didn't even say Landers was in top 100. Gives me hope about Drew and JMU.
JMU was good and any Griz fan who says otherwise is not being honest. That being said, JMU did not beat themselves...they made mistakes where were forced by a defense that has been doing that all year long. I kind of disagree about Landers. What, really, could he have done that Drew didn't? Drew ran for 2 TD's and got the 2 pt conversion, Landers could not have done better than that. IMO, Drew's passes in the second half were right on target, the JMU receivers just dropped the ball. Landers was not quite on as his stats show. Drew gave you everything that Landers would have, unless you are saying RL would have been given 2 TD's for one. The JMU D had a very difficult time stopping our O and that was the biggest blow.

Not Punting..and leading in TOP and Yards. When you take into consideration that, after the turnovers, the Griz had short fields and scored quickly those stats dont matter. When you are a running team like JMU or Wofford, you will burn up the clock..it is just that the job is more difficult when you are trailing by 18 points you had to score more quickly.
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

putter wrote:
godukes wrote:So I looked up Drew and I found out that he was a top 30 Virginia player on rivals.com coming out of HS. They didn't even say Landers was in top 100. Gives me hope about Drew and JMU.
JMU was good and any Griz fan who says otherwise is not being honest. That being said, JMU did not beat themselves...they made mistakes where were forced by a defense that has been doing that all year long. I kind of disagree about Landers. What, really, could he have done that Drew didn't? Drew ran for 2 TD's and got the 2 pt conversion, Landers could not have done better than that. IMO, Drew's passes in the second half were right on target, the JMU receivers just dropped the ball. Landers was not quite on as his stats show. Drew gave you everything that Landers would have, unless you are saying RL would have been given 2 TD's for one. The JMU D had a very difficult time stopping our O and that was the biggest blow.

Not Punting..and leading in TOP and Yards. When you take into consideration that, after the turnovers, the Griz had short fields and scored quickly those stats dont matter. When you are a running team like JMU or Wofford, you will burn up the clock..it is just that the job is more difficult when you are trailing by 18 points you had to score more quickly.
Like I said before Landers weighs a lot more than Dudzik. I know they would have gotten in on that goalline stop. Then when I mean they beat themselves is by those turnovers especially the one by McGee which 100% had nothing to do with Montana and then the dropped balls by the WRs had nothing to do with Montana either except for maybe the last one. Yea I agree Montana almost played mistake free football on offense, but when you give a team a short field and drop passes, overthrow passes, or ints that doesn't help at all for JMU's offense. I believe that if Landers was in he would have gotten in for a TD and if McGee and Ward didn't fumble on Special Teams, then they would have won the game. I couldn't see if Ward muffed the return or if it was stripped from where I was sitting or if he had the ball hanging loose so I am not going to necessarily blame Ward for that fumble. Yea JMU's defense couldn't stop Montana, but they were given a short field had I think 50yds to go for 14pts.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote:
putter wrote: JMU was good and any Griz fan who says otherwise is not being honest. That being said, JMU did not beat themselves...they made mistakes where were forced by a defense that has been doing that all year long. I kind of disagree about Landers. What, really, could he have done that Drew didn't? Drew ran for 2 TD's and got the 2 pt conversion, Landers could not have done better than that. IMO, Drew's passes in the second half were right on target, the JMU receivers just dropped the ball. Landers was not quite on as his stats show. Drew gave you everything that Landers would have, unless you are saying RL would have been given 2 TD's for one. The JMU D had a very difficult time stopping our O and that was the biggest blow.

Like I said before Landers weighs a lot more than Dudzik. I know they would have gotten in on that goalline stop. Then when I mean they beat themselves is by those turnovers especially the one by McGee which 100% had nothing to do with Montana and then the dropped balls by the WRs had nothing to do with Montana either except for maybe the last one. Yea I agree Montana almost played mistake free football on offense, but when you give a team a short field and drop passes, overthrow passes, or ints that doesn't help at all for JMU's offense. I believe that if Landers was in he would have gotten in for a TD and if McGee and Ward didn't fumble on Special Teams, then they would have won the game. I couldn't see if Ward muffed the return or if it was stripped from where I was sitting or if he had the ball hanging loose so I am not going to necessarily blame Ward for that fumble. Yea JMU's defense couldn't stop Montana, but they were given a short field had I think 50yds to go for 14pts.
Were you watching the same game I was? I have it on tape, if you'd like me to send you a copy. All three fumbles were becuase of hits or strips. It's not like they just dropped the friggin' ball. Dropped or overthrown balls usually have something to do with a QB forced to scramble or feeling the pressure, or a receiver hearing footsteps. You get hit once by Colt Anderson and you hear footsteps the rest of the night. I count numerous "IF's" in your statement. IF we didn't have a playoff system, JMU and ASU would have played for the title. As it stands, NEITHER was good enough ON THE FIELD to make it to the title game. Sucks for you, huh? Here's the facts, dukes: If JMU had 0 turnovers, with the yards and TOP that they had, they win that game. An int and a fumble in the red zone, a goal line stand in the red zone, and a drive stalled and forced to kick a field goal in the red zone. THATS where the game was lost. Your guys didn't come to play. Montana did. End of story. Start gettin' ready for next year, dude. The ifs and buts are starting to get real old. :roll: :roll: :roll:
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
godukes wrote: Like I said before Landers weighs a lot more than Dudzik. I know they would have gotten in on that goalline stop. Then when I mean they beat themselves is by those turnovers especially the one by McGee which 100% had nothing to do with Montana and then the dropped balls by the WRs had nothing to do with Montana either except for maybe the last one. Yea I agree Montana almost played mistake free football on offense, but when you give a team a short field and drop passes, overthrow passes, or ints that doesn't help at all for JMU's offense. I believe that if Landers was in he would have gotten in for a TD and if McGee and Ward didn't fumble on Special Teams, then they would have won the game. I couldn't see if Ward muffed the return or if it was stripped from where I was sitting or if he had the ball hanging loose so I am not going to necessarily blame Ward for that fumble. Yea JMU's defense couldn't stop Montana, but they were given a short field had I think 50yds to go for 14pts.
Were you watching the same game I was? I have it on tape, if you'd like me to send you a copy. All three fumbles were becuase of hits or strips. It's not like they just dropped the friggin' ball. Dropped or overthrown balls usually have something to do with a QB forced to scramble or feeling the pressure, or a receiver hearing footsteps. You get hit once by Colt Anderson and you hear footsteps the rest of the night. I count numerous "IF's" in your statement. IF we didn't have a playoff system, JMU and ASU would have played for the title. As it stands, NEITHER was good enough ON THE FIELD to make it to the title game. Sucks for you, huh? Here's the facts, dukes: If JMU had 0 turnovers, with the yards and TOP that they had, they win that game. An int and a fumble in the red zone, a goal line stand in the red zone, and a drive stalled and forced to kick a field goal in the red zone. THATS where the game was lost. Your guys didn't come to play. Montana did. End of story. Start gettin' ready for next year, dude. The ifs and buts are starting to get real old. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Actually no one was around McGee when he muffed the kick return. That was his fault no one elses. It's part of the game, that's why they have kickoffs and not starting the drive at the 20 or wherever. The guy said they would have stopped Landers on the goalline stop if he was in; I believe they wouldn't have because Landers is a lot bigger than Dudzik. Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill. I am glad they have a playoff system; that's the way it should be. The INT I don't think would have happened if Landers was in there because his TD to INT ratio (he has one of the best if not the best ratio in I-AA). I do agree Montana executed and JMU didn't. The other guy on here believes different. You can also look at JMU's D which gave up a lot of points, but then again you got to look at what they were put in due to their special teams and offense. 298 yds allowed is not bad at all. Just bad situation.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

godukes wrote: Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill.
Care to list those other schools with better defenses that Montana's?
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

godukes wrote:
Actually no one was around McGee when he muffed the kick return. That was his fault no one elses. It's part of the game, that's why they have kickoffs and not starting the drive at the 20 or wherever. The guy said they would have stopped Landers on the goalline stop if he was in; I believe they wouldn't have because Landers is a lot bigger than Dudzik. Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill. I am glad they have a playoff system; that's the way it should be. The INT I don't think would have happened if Landers was in there because his TD to INT ratio (he has one of the best if not the best ratio in I-AA). I do agree Montana executed and JMU didn't. The other guy on here believes different. You can also look at JMU's D which gave up a lot of points, but then again you got to look at what they were put in due to their special teams and offense. 298 yds allowed is not bad at all. Just bad situation.
Since you keep pasting the same stupid shit over and over and over I will reply to every whiny bitch post you make from now on with this from another thread"

Some of their fans are getting fucking sickening. Even godukes is droning on and on trying to make some sense of the loss for himself. When you expect to win and you lose on your home field you'd rather blame everything but the fact that you just got beat by a more physical team with more heart. As my old man says "wish in one hand and shit in the other and tell me which one fills up first". At some point they will have to reconcile reality with their feelings and emotional crying. It's too bad that you have a fucking china doll quarterbacking your team but that's the facts Jack so buck up and take your fuckin' medicine like a man. They can hang on to their "But ifs" and I'll hang on to "what was" and I'll win that god damn poker game every time. FUCK EM, and let them cry in a corner by themselves and quit responding and publishing their horseshit or they are never gonna go away.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote: Actually no one was around McGee when he muffed the kick return. That was his fault no one elses. It's part of the game, that's why they have kickoffs and not starting the drive at the 20 or wherever. The guy said they would have stopped Landers on the goalline stop if he was in; I believe they wouldn't have because Landers is a lot bigger than Dudzik. Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill. I am glad they have a playoff system; that's the way it should be. The INT I don't think would have happened if Landers was in there because his TD to INT ratio (he has one of the best if not the best ratio in I-AA). I do agree Montana executed and JMU didn't. The other guy on here believes different. You can also look at JMU's D which gave up a lot of points, but then again you got to look at what they were put in due to their special teams and offense. 298 yds allowed is not bad at all. Just bad situation.
Man. I haven't seen a bigger list of excuses in my life. The only reason Montana only had 298 yards is because that was all they needed. They operated on a short field all night long and JMU didn't. And as far as the turnovers, they may have gone against "better defenses the whole year", but apparently they hadn't gone against a defense that HIT like that. You're gonna blame 4 turnovers on TV????? That's weak shit, dukes. Landers was 1/4 for 15 yards and did NOT look good passing the ball on Friday. To "assume" that he wouldn't have thrown the interception is ludicrous. To assume he'd have made the TD on the stop is pure conjecture.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. :lol: :lol: :lol: JMU had a nice run. Now enjoy the offseason. :D