FCS Sightings

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: FCS Sightings

Post by clenz »

Driving down Highway 218 around between Mason City and Charles City I pass a Linn County car with a North Dakota State sticker in the back window...

mebison was that you heading back to Iowa City?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I took the family to Centennial Park yesterday for a picninc. Saw a guy wearing a Cal Poly t-shirt on the playground.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

I saw two guys wearing griz hats in missoula this weekend.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:I took the family to Centennial Park yesterday for a picninc. Saw a guy wearing a Cal Poly t-shirt on the playground.
Did he have kids or was he just a passed out smack junkie leaning over a picnic table?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

SACCAT wrote:I saw two guys wearing griz hats in missoula this weekend.
Really? :o
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

93henfan wrote:
andy7171 wrote:I took the family to Centennial Park yesterday for a picninc. Saw a guy wearing a Cal Poly t-shirt on the playground.
Did he have kids or was he just a passed out smack junkie leaning over a picnic table?
I thought Cal Poly was a good school? :?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I thought Cal Poly was a good school? :?
There you had to go and get all serious. :ohno:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
tjbison
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by tjbison »

Sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings last night and a dude walks in wearing a App. St. shirt.
Shellin
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Shellin

Post by Shellin »

There was a guy in a Cal Poly hat in front of me at the WSU/ASU baseball game today, we talked a little Mustang football, seemed like a good guy.
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

Saw a Sac State hoody on campus today.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

tjbison wrote:Sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings last night and a dude walks in wearing a App. St. shirt.
Is there a punch-line to this joke? :?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Well, I saw my first Montana sighting. There's a retired air force guy who's in my public speaking class and he was wearing a "Montana Football 1995 National Champions" shirt. After class, I asked him if he attended Montana and said no. He said he attended Marshall and made a Montana friend at a bar in 1995 after the game. He said the next year, there was a rematch (that Marshall won) and his Montana friend brought him the shirt before the game. Told me he sent the Montana guy a "1996 Marshall National Champions" shirt in the mail shortly afterwards. The guy from Montana died a few years later from lung cancer :(.

Then we had a great conversation about stupid it was for Marshall to leave 1AA (his words), and how unfair the BCS is. He's excited to be a fan of a new 1AA team though (he still calls it 1AA)...which is obviously ODU.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Watching a show last night about the National Park Lodges, and they were discussing Denali (I believe) NP, talking about the first folks up there in the '30's and '40's, and showed a pic of 3 people and the female was wearing a University of Maine tee-shirt.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
sfajack05
I am a fan of: SFA

Post by sfajack05 »

Ran into a guy down in East Texas with a Montana hat on selling pecans on the side of the road. Said he graduated from Montana and moved down to Texas a couple years ago. Nice guy.
Shellin
Level1
Level1

Post by Shellin »

Just gave a campus tour here at WSU today and amongst the tour group was a Montana t-shirt and an Elon hat. The Griz stuff wasn't surprising since Pullman is less than four hours from Missoula, but I don't know how the Elon guy managed to get himself lost in the wheat fields up here.
JConnolly
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Elon Phoenix

Post by JConnolly »

One of my girlfriend's roommates had a William and Mary t-shirt on today. Also, Shellin, Elon is only a 42 hour drive from Pullman. And you have to go through Missoula if you take I-90. He could've picked it up on the way.
EU, You Know
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

About 3-4 bobcat fans and I were at the Padres game Wednesday night and saw this kid wearing a griz shirt. As he was walking up to us he noticed we were all wearing Montana State hats or shirts. The pussy gave us a look and went the long way around. We all had a good laugh.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

SACCAT wrote:About 3-4 bobcat fans and I were at the Padres game Wednesday night and saw this kid wearing a griz shirt. As he was walking up to us he noticed we were all wearing Montana State hats or shirts. The pussy gave us a look and went the long way around. We all had a good laugh.
He probably didn't want to smell the cow shit emanating from your area. :twocents:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

kuntryboimike wrote:GOOOO LIBERTYYYYY. sighting in baghdad, iraq :D . and yes...its a sighting of me...but i havn't heard of any other FCS schools in iraq ha

Good job Mike. There are quite a few loyal Grizzers over there. I have a probably ten or twelve different emils from people with flags flying in the desert and even on poles at bases. Could only find one at the moment though.

Shellin
Level1
Level1

Post by Shellin »

JConnolly wrote:One of my girlfriend's roommates had a William and Mary t-shirt on today. Also, Shellin, Elon is only a 42 hour drive from Pullman. And you have to go through Missoula if you take I-90. He could've picked it up on the way.
:thumb:
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

grizzaholic wrote:
SACCAT wrote:About 3-4 bobcat fans and I were at the Padres game Wednesday night and saw this kid wearing a griz shirt. As he was walking up to us he noticed we were all wearing Montana State hats or shirts. The pussy gave us a look and went the long way around. We all had a good laugh.
He probably didn't want to smell the cow **** emanating from your area. :twocents:
OOOHHH SNAP!! Cow ****, that's a good one. Because we are all dUMb Cow farmers...And we are the only school in the State w/ a Rodeo Team. And the only thing you can study at MSU is Cow farming. Just for that I am going to Fire the 3 UM grads that work for me. I will let them know You will give them a job. Cow ****, that is good.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

SACCAT wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
He probably didn't want to smell the cow **** emanating from your area. :twocents:
OOOHHH SNAP!! Cow ****, that's a good one. Because we are all dUMb Cow farmers...And we are the only school in the State w/ a Rodeo Team. And the only thing you can study at MSU is Cow farming. Just for that I am going to Fire the 3 UM grads that work for me. I will let them know You will give them a job. Cow ****, that is good.
:roll:

Justin Halpern
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

SACCAT wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
:lol:
Hilarious. You call him out about the cowshit but use your extremely un-inventive dUMb reference and Grizza's reference was pretty spot on to you and your friends feeling good that a small child was intimidated by 3 adults.

Great stuff.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
:lol:
Hilarious. You call him out about the cowshit but use your extremely un-inventive dUMb reference and Grizza's reference was pretty spot on to you and your friends feeling good that a small child was intimidated by 3 adults.

Great stuff.
What? The kid at the game was older than the three of us.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Not FCS persay, but I saw a guy wearing a Virginia Commonwealth University shirt the other day as he walked past our house.