Will Appalachian State to Win It All In 2008?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Re: Will Appalachian State to Win It All In 2008?

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Appaholic wrote:Of course we'll win.....who's going to beat us? Montana? They can't get out of Missoula.....Ga South? Welcome to the world without Foster......,JMU? Don't even have a coach do they?
Holic, I forgot, what is your record against us?
Bisonstudent
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: North Dakota State

Post by Bisonstudent »

Appaholic wrote:Of course we'll win.....who's going to beat us? Montana? They can't get out of Missoula.....Ga South? Welcome to the world without Foster......,JMU? Don't even have a coach do they?
Any top three teams in the Gateway.
"For the strength of the Herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is the Herd."
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
Holic, I forgot, what is your record against us?
In the Championship Game? I don't know.....ya'll never seem to make it that far.....I mean, in this century.. :mrgreen:
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Appaholic wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Holic, I forgot, what is your record against us?
In the Championship Game? I don't know.....ya'll never seem to make it that far.....I mean, in this century.. :mrgreen:
Yeah, that's funny because we were having that same trouble trying to get you in there up til 2004. I am happy you guys changed your ways and started hitting it with a modicum of regularity now.
And once we get past this budget deficit....Oh wait that's for a different argument.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

Bisonstudent wrote:
Any top three teams in the Gateway.
Like Northern Iowa ('05)....or Youngstown St ('06).....anyone else?

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

Appaholic wrote: In the Championship Game? I don't know.....ya'll never seem to make it that far.....I mean, in this century.. :mrgreen:
Yeah, that's funny because we were having that same trouble trying to get you in there up til 2004. I am happy you guys changed your ways and started hitting it with a modicum of regularity now.
And once we get past this budget deficit....Oh wait that's for a different argument.
True...true.....
:oops:

Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Delaware and Appalachian State are the probably the two best teams I've ever seen play in Washington Grizzly stadium. And that's saying something because I've seen every game ever played in that stadium.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Delaware and Appalachian State are the probably the two best teams I've ever seen play in Washington Grizzly stadium. And that's saying something because I've seen every game ever played in that stadium.
No shit....when do I get an invite..... :mrgreen:

Wish I had been on these boards two years ago....visited Missoula on way to Glacier.....stayed couple of nights in town, but didn't know anyone......hope to make it back.....you should come to an app game...

Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Yeah that would be really cool to go see a game there. If I ever come into a great deal of money I will tour every stadium in the FCS that I can make it to when the Griz are off. You can consider a standing invite to Red's Bar for drinks anytime you pass this way. If you can make a game I'll get you tickets and set you up with a night that will make any picnic table you want to lay on scream for mercy.
Bisonstudent

Post by Bisonstudent »

Appaholic wrote:
Bisonstudent wrote: Any top three teams in the Gateway.
Like Northern Iowa ('05)....or Youngstown St ('06).....anyone else?
Last time I checked it was '08. Pluse the Bison will be stronger than last year and we are hungry for championship.
"For the strength of the Herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is the Herd."
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Bisonstudent wrote:
Appaholic wrote: Like Northern Iowa ('05)....or Youngstown St ('06).....anyone else?
Last time I checked it was '08. Pluse the Bison will be stronger than last year and we are hungry for championship.
So since he cogently answered your remark about the any top 3 teams in the Gateway statement with facts based on what the current App team has done to the Gateway in the past couple of years you believe it will be different in the coming year even though App was fairly young and dumb at a quite a few positions this year and were obviously getting better toward the end of the year. I would think App will probably be stronger this year than last year as well with the extra experience gained in the playoffs this year by their young guys. Not to mention that NDSU did lose some great players at key positions so it is not by and means a lock that you guys will be stronger this year. Oh and by the way, EVERYBODY is hungry for a championship. I mean you would think App would at least have satiated their hunger for championships a little before this year but that didn't stop them from winning another one anyway now did it.
Bisonstudent

Post by Bisonstudent »

Bisonstudent wrote: Last time I checked it was '08. Pluse the Bison will be stronger than last year and we are hungry for championship.
So since he cogently answered your remark about the any top 3 teams in the Gateway statement with facts based on what the current App team has done to the Gateway in the past couple of years you believe it will be different in the coming year even though App was fairly young and dumb at a quite a few positions this year and were obviously getting better toward the end of the year. I would think App will probably be stronger this year than last year as well with the extra experience gained in the playoffs this year by their young guys. Not to mention that NDSU did lose some great players at key positions so it is not by and means a lock that you guys will be stronger this year. Oh and by the way, EVERYBODY is hungry for a championship. I mean you would think App would at least have satiated their hunger for championships a little before this year but that didn't stop them from winning another one anyway now did it.
We did lose some great players at key positions but the players we have coming back in those positions are even better. Would be a great game in the playoffs against NDSU. All I was trying to say is that there is new blood in the gateway and we are looking to make a huge mark. Good luck in the upcoming season though.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Good luck to NDSU as well and I am very interested to watch the Bison compete in the Gateway and the playoffs this year. I have heard that NDSU has done some good work recruiting this year so I am sure they are going to be a tough one again this year. Also just so you know I am a Griz fan, not an App. fan to clear up any confusion just in case.

BTW BisonStudent, get posting! You have all the time in the world being a student and NDSU, Griz, and App. fans seem to like to pick on each other quite a bit.
Bisonstudent

Post by Bisonstudent »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Good luck to NDSU as well and I am very interested to watch the Bison compete in the Gateway and the playoffs this year. I have heard that NDSU has done some good work recruiting this year so I am sure they are going to be a tough one again this year. Also just so you know I am a Griz fan, not an App. fan to clear up any confusion just in case.

BTW BisonStudent, get posting! You have all the time in the world being a student and NDSU, Griz, and App. fans seem to like to pick on each other quite a bit.
I wish I had to time to post all the time! I know we all like to pick on each other but it is a lot more respectful than und, which we hate with a passion. Seems like the whole gateway had a great recruiting season. Will be a fun year! I really do admire how Montana recruits though; half of their team is from Montana. You don't see that too much. Very cool in my opinion.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Thank you sir, and we understand that kind of venom toward the other in state school.
lizrdgizrd
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by lizrdgizrd »

Bisonstudent wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: So since he cogently answered your remark about the any top 3 teams in the Gateway statement with facts based on what the current App team has done to the Gateway in the past couple of years you believe it will be different in the coming year even though App was fairly young and dumb at a quite a few positions this year and were obviously getting better toward the end of the year. I would think App will probably be stronger this year than last year as well with the extra experience gained in the playoffs this year by their young guys. Not to mention that NDSU did lose some great players at key positions so it is not by and means a lock that you guys will be stronger this year. Oh and by the way, EVERYBODY is hungry for a championship. I mean you would think App would at least have satiated their hunger for championships a little before this year but that didn't stop them from winning another one anyway now did it.
We did lose some great players at key positions but the players we have coming back in those positions are even better. Would be a great game in the playoffs against NDSU. All I was trying to say is that there is new blood in the gateway and we are looking to make a huge mark. Good luck in the upcoming season though.
If the players you have coming back to fill in the holes are better than those who were playing last year, why weren't they the ones starting last year? :shock:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Thank you sir, and we understand that kind of venom toward the other in state school.
we never noticed...... :P :P :P
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Col Hogan wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Thank you sir, and we understand that kind of venom toward the other in state school.
we never noticed...... :P :P :P
that's kinda strange cuz we lay it on pretty thick around here.
BigHen
I am a fan of: DELAWARE47

Post by BigHen »

APP ST definately finds their way back to the NC game in 2008, but they shouldnt be surprised to see Delaware on the opposite side of the field ready for ROUND 2. I believe only 7 seniors were on the 2007 team, 2 of them being RB Omar Cuff & QB Joe Flacco, 2 guys very hard to replace. The Hens do have 3 quality RB's for 2008, One being a transfer that didnt play in 07 due to an injury from last spring. As for the QB position they did sign a transfer from OSU in Jan., so he will be on board for spring practice 08. The coaching staff is very excited about their QB prospect( 6'6 240lbs). A big fella & very athletic. The Defense was very young in 2007 and should be much improved in 2008. SO ALL IN ALL THE HENS HAVE RELOADED AND THEY'RE AIMING FOR CHATTANOOGA!!!!!!
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

BigHen wrote:APP ST definately finds their way back to the NC game in 2008, but they shouldnt be surprised to see Delaware on the opposite side of the field ready for ROUND 2. I believe only 7 seniors were on the 2007 team, 2 of them being RB Omar Cuff & QB Joe Flacco, 2 guys very hard to replace. The Hens do have 3 quality RB's for 2008, One being a transfer that didnt play in 07 due to an injury from last spring. As for the QB position they did sign a transfer from OSU in Jan., so he will be on board for spring practice 08. The coaching staff is very excited about their QB prospect( 6'6 240lbs). A big fella & very athletic. The Defense was very young in 2007 and should be much improved in 2008. SO ALL IN ALL THE HENS HAVE RELOADED AND THEY'RE AIMING FOR CHATTANOOGA!!!!!!
Hello BigHen and welcome to the board. I think Delaware is going to be in the mix again next year for sure as well. We have heard a bit about the new stud QB from a fellow Bluehenner that goes by the name of Rob Iola on the board. I truly believe he is looking for some sort of a relationship with the fellow. Anyways it's good to have you on here so keep up the posting. Blue Hen fans seem to be a fairly knowledgeable bunch so you are in good company on that end.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

BigHen wrote:APP ST definately finds their way back to the NC game in 2008, but they shouldnt be surprised to see Delaware on the opposite side of the field ready for ROUND 2. I believe only 7 seniors were on the 2007 team, 2 of them being RB Omar Cuff & QB Joe Flacco, 2 guys very hard to replace. The Hens do have 3 quality RB's for 2008, One being a transfer that didnt play in 07 due to an injury from last spring. As for the QB position they did sign a transfer from OSU in Jan., so he will be on board for spring practice 08. The coaching staff is very excited about their QB prospect( 6'6 240lbs). A big fella & very athletic. The Defense was very young in 2007 and should be much improved in 2008. SO ALL IN ALL THE HENS HAVE RELOADED AND THEY'RE AIMING FOR CHATTANOOGA!!!!!!
It will be interesting, because this year the Hens come through Amherst...and between returning players and what looks to be an outstanding recruiting year, the Minutemen will be prepared...

I would not be surprised to see the Hens on the opposite side of the field from APP State in Round 2 of the playoffs...I also would not be surprised to see UMass there, or in a later round... 8-)

What I'm saying here is the CAA looks to be strong yet again...and this year, no smack that the best in the south didn't play the best in the north..... :roll:

BigHen

Post by BigHen »

"ROUND 2" meaning "REMATCH" in NC game....and yes, UD @ UMASS will be a tough tough game for the HENS!
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

BigHen wrote:"ROUND 2" meaning "REMATCH" in NC game....and yes, UD @ UMASS will be a tough tough game for the HENS!
Remember, it would be our ROUND 2 (rematch) also with APP State in the NC if we make it...

Welcome to the board, BigHen...we need more CAA folks here...

BigHen

Post by BigHen »

Thanks for the welcome...I'll try to be a nice guy to ALL...GO HENS!!!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BigHen wrote:Thanks for the welcome...I'll try to be a nice guy to ALL...GO HENS!!!
Welcome!
:thumb: