Massey - Jackrabbits by 7
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: 2R - South Dakota St. @ #4 Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Sac State d. SD State 49-35.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:27 am Sac State d. SD State 49-35.
Sac migbt win, but they ain’t scoring 49 on SDSU..Most SDSU bas given up (in regulation) is 35..And the most Sac has scored in a game (vs PSU) is 49..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Aside from Sam Houston, these might be the two hottest teams in the playoffs. The Jackrabbits would have 5 straight wins if not for a hail mary, and the Hornets have won 8 in a row. The computer rankings and point spread say South Dakota State should win by more than a little, but I don't think the Jackrabbits are quite that good. They're also just 2-3 against other playoff teams.

I'll take Sac State to pull the "upset" 27-24
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:27 am Sac State d. SD State 49-35.
Sac migbt win, but they ain’t scoring 49 on SDSU..Most SDSU bas given up (in regulation) is 35..And the most Sac has scored in a game (vs PSU) is 49..
You might be right, but we've been averaging well over 40 for the last month or so, Causeway notwithstanding.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

2R - South Dakota St. @ #4 Sac State

Post by clenz »

Sac got raped by UNI

SDSU is UNI with a better offensive game plan

Sac gets raped again.

SH also predicted EWU would score 63 on UNI. They scored 19. Sac is a much worse version of EWU that got the benefit is a putrid schedule.

Other than somehow breaking a couple big plays for scores Sac doesn’t hit 21. The LoS gets absolutely dominated by SDSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Why is clenzy relying on an early-season result for a team that is currently on a hot streak? And a "putrid" schedule? We played a P5 and beat the current #5 team in the country (and #6 seed). We also beat the current #16 team in the country. That makes TWO playoff teams defeated by the Hornets, one of which is a seed. What does UNI have? A pre-playoff 6-5 record, one win of which was against a D-III call-up and a 2-3 record against playoff teams during the regular season. Sac State took care of what was presented, much of which was determined by the conference office. UNI did not. This "if you ain't MVFC, you ain't [bleep]" attitude has got to go....

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 pm

You might be right, but we've been averaging well over 40 for the last month or so, Causeway notwithstanding.
Last 3 games avg 39 (41, 49, 27)
Last 4 games avg 36 (27, 41, 49, 27)
For that to be ‘well over 40’ that is sone 6.93 math you got going on there..
Didn’t you also have EWU scoring 63 on UNI?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:01 am Why is clenzy relying on an early-season result for a team that is currently on a hot streak? And a "putrid" schedule? We played a P5 and beat the current #5 team in the country (and #6 seed). We also beat the current #16 team in the country. That makes TWO playoff teams defeated by the Hornets, one of which is a seed. What does UNI have? A pre-playoff 6-5 record, one win of which was against a D-III call-up and a 2-3 record against playoff teams during the regular season. Sac State took care of what was presented, much of which was determined by the conference office. UNI did not. This "if you ain't MVFC, you ain't [bleep]" attitude has got to go....
UNI went 3-3 against playoff teams in the regular season

Butt fucked Sac State with no lube, beat SDSU on the road, and beat SIU. Lost to, NDSU and MSU

Now we get credit simply for playing an FBS?

UNI played a 7 win FBS Iowa State - Sac State played 4-7 Cal
UNI played 7 ranked teams in 11 FCS games.
You want to shit on St. Thomas? You played fucking Dixie State. St. Thomas would shit on Dixie State's dick.

UNI played massey 11, 25, 1, 12, 2, 8, 27, 9, 39, and 4 in the FCS.
Sac played 101, 7 (UNI and got fucked up), 62, 69, 5, 37, 61, 75, 31, 18, and have 2 coming up (who UNI beat)

You played teams that went 1-10 4-7 1-10 1-10 5-6 3-8 2-6 5-6
You're schedule fucking sucked. UNI's schedule is 40 spots higher in SoS that Sac State. UNI would be fucking 9-2 against that schedule too.

Sac State is a fucking paper tiger - just like when they got their shit rocked by Austin fucking Peay 2 years ago. They will be exposed by SDSU, just like they were against UNI...who curb-stomped Sac State after having 7 yards passing at halftime.

Just like Portland State in 2015 when they got their fucking shit rocked after getting a seed for being gifted the entire bottom half of the big sky conference to run their record up.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Let's look at how many wins against playoff teams everyone in the playoffs had during the regular season

MOSU - 3
NDSU - 3
UNI - 3
USD - 2
EWU - 2
SSU - 2
SDSU - 1
SHSU - 1
MTSU - 1
VU - 1
UM - 1
SIU - 1
SFA - 0
UIW - 0
UTM - 0
SHU - 0
HC - 0
UCD - 0
ETSU - 0
JMU - 0
UD - 0
KSU - 0
FAMU - 0
SLU - 0

UNI has more wins than most of those schools have games played against playoff teams. Hell, UNI has more wins against playoff teams than some of those teams have games played against teams over .500 - Sac State being one of those

8 of 12 UNI games this season were against teams ranked in the top 39 of massey (Iowa State is a top 40 FCS team if they played FCS so I'm putting them in there too)

The number of programs who would play UNI's schedule and do better than UNI did is stupidly small. It's maybe 3 or 4 deep...maybe.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

clenz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:29 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:01 am Why is clenzy relying on an early-season result for a team that is currently on a hot streak? And a "putrid" schedule? We played a P5 and beat the current #5 team in the country (and #6 seed). We also beat the current #16 team in the country. That makes TWO playoff teams defeated by the Hornets, one of which is a seed. What does UNI have? A pre-playoff 6-5 record, one win of which was against a D-III call-up and a 2-3 record against playoff teams during the regular season. Sac State took care of what was presented, much of which was determined by the conference office. UNI did not. This "if you ain't MVFC, you ain't [bleep]" attitude has got to go....
UNI went 3-3 against playoff teams in the regular season

Butt fucked Sac State with no lube, beat SDSU on the road, and beat SIU. Lost to, NDSU and MSU

Now we get credit simply for playing an FBS?

UNI played a 7 win FBS Iowa State - Sac State played 4-7 Cal
UNI played 7 ranked teams in 11 FCS games.
You want to shit on St. Thomas? You played fucking Dixie State. St. Thomas would shit on Dixie State's dick.

UNI played massey 11, 25, 1, 12, 2, 8, 27, 9, 39, and 4 in the FCS.
Sac played 101, 7 (UNI and got fucked up), 62, 69, 5, 37, 61, 75, 31, 18, and have 2 coming up (who UNI beat)

You played teams that went 1-10 4-7 1-10 1-10 5-6 3-8 2-6 5-6
You're schedule fucking sucked. UNI's schedule is 40 spots higher in SoS that Sac State. UNI would be fucking 9-2 against that schedule too.

Sac State is a fucking paper tiger - just like when they got their shit rocked by Austin fucking Peay 2 years ago. They will be exposed by SDSU, just like they were against UNI...who curb-stomped Sac State after having 7 yards passing at halftime.

Just like Portland State in 2015 when they got their fucking shit rocked after getting a seed for being gifted the entire bottom half of the big sky conference to run their record up.
I look forward to watching UNI play today.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Jackrabbits lead 24-3 at the half :ohno:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Maybe

Just maybe

I actually know what I’m talking about

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Pierre Williams with a 3-yard TD catch

24-10 SDSU, mid-3Q
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

Sac should've had a TD on that long shot, but then they give it up on 4th down. Brutal.
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2

Post by uofmman1122 »

And now it looks like SDSU is just trying to lose.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Dunniway just took a vicious shot, but targeting overturned.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Sentkowski with a 48-yard FG.

24-13 Jackrabbits, early-4Q
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Gable with 1-yard TD run. 2PC incomplete.

24-19 Jackrabbits, 2:33 4Q
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDSU converts 4th. & 1 to ice it.

Jackrabbits win 24-19
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

clenz wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:43 pm Maybe

Just maybe

I actually know what I’m talking about

Nope, not tonight. You were wrong.

Hornets shutout SDSU in the 2nd half, defense had a hell of a game. Slow start did us in, Hornet offense just couldn't make enough plays (credit to SDSU d, they had some clutch passes defended on some long shots). Also Taylor had a pretty bad night calling plays. That stupid screen pass that was picked in the 2nd half should have never been called as we were running it down SDSU's throat on that drive.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

uofmman1122 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 pm And now it looks like SDSU is just trying to lose.
Not sure why they weren't going heavy run all 2nd half. They definitely left the door open for the Hornets, we just couldn't take advantage.
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2

Post by uofmman1122 »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 am
uofmman1122 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 pm And now it looks like SDSU is just trying to lose.
Not sure why they weren't going heavy run all 2nd half. They definitely left the door open for the Hornets, we just couldn't take advantage.
Hey, props to you guys. I thought you were gonna get boatraced right out of your own stadium at halftime, but stayed in there and blanked them in the 2nd half.

The worst for you guys was the long bomb that was just off that ended up being a turnover on downs two plays later. In a 5-point game, that's brutal.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

In addition to that targeting that was wrongly overturned, there were a few other blown calls that would have helped us. Helped us enough to win? Hardly, given our slow start. I was highly miffed at SDSU's choice to ice Sentkowski with two seconds left in the first half and the 'Rabbits up 24-0. That was hardly good sportsmanship.

Bigger issues for me was our flat opening of the game. Dunniway was making some horrible reads early, and there was questionable play-calling throughout, particularly on a 4th and 1 and a half and that two-point that would have put us in position to send the game to OT with a FG had we gotten the onside kick. There was poor execution on that onside, as it went straight to the SDSU guy. Much of this stems from the shortcomings of the spread offense; it's hard to get traction with the running game (OR the short passing game, BTW) when it's obvious that you HAVE to have it. Particularly on the 2-pt, I would have rather seen either Dunniway or O'Hara under center in a jumbo I Formation with either a third TE as wing-back or a flanker set strong side, running a straight-up triple option, perhaps with a pulling guard lead. It's PERFECT for that, and you don't have to worry about the cramped space for running routes, as we saw on the pass that was actually called and easily defended by SDSU. With a flanker driving off the CB and hopefully occupying the strong safety on a post, fly, or K-route, the EMOL would be in a bind, as he has to attack either the QB or the pitch man; trying to split the difference gives the QB a free shot at the end zone. And he gets no help from the interior line or the Mike backer, as they have to respect the dive. In this race to "look modern," we've forgotten Football 101.

That said, I liked the halftime adjustments, and as SD said, they were particularly good on defense. And Dunniway's performance improved astronomically in the second half. Given the other scores on the day, we DEFINITELY proved that we were playoff-capable. Next year, we just have to show up in the first half. Good work on a successful season, Hornets!

And SDSU had better not play the second half against Villanova as they did against Sac, or they will watch Villanova take out SHSU on the 18th....