Hornets Women's Golf Makes History!

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Hornets Women's Golf Makes History!

Post by SuperHornet »

Won the Big Sky Championship as the ONLY school under par (-8). Second place was MT State at +8. Per the Big Sky Conference, this was a Conference record: Sac's 856 is the lowest 54-hole score in Conference history at the League Meet (or whatever they call it). The previous record was Idaho's 866 in 2018. Heck, this is the only sub-par team performance EVER at the League Meet.

The individual winner was Sac's own Caitlin Maurice (-5 211), who also led after 36 holes. The Hornets had two on the podium, as Sienna Lyford (-1) was 3rd.

Sac gets the auto-bid to the NCAA Regionals. The following Hornets are on the all-tournament team: Maurice, Lyford, and Jennifer Koga. Two from MT State and one from E. Washington rounded out the all-tournament team.

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2023/4/19/h ... ctory.aspx

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Hornets Women's Golf Makes History!

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:54 pm Won the Big Sky Championship as the ONLY school under par (-8). Second place was MT State at +8. Per the Big Sky Conference, this was a Conference record: Sac's 856 is the lowest 54-hole score in Conference history at the League Meet (or whatever they call it). The previous record was Idaho's 866 in 2018. Heck, this is the only sub-par team performance EVER at the League Meet.

The individual winner was Sac's own Caitlin Maurice (-5 211), who also led after 36 holes. The Hornets had two on the podium, as Sienna Lyford (-1) was 3rd.

Sac gets the auto-bid to the NCAA Regionals. The following Hornets are on the all-tournament team: Maurice, Lyford, and Jennifer Koga. Two from MT State and one from E. Washington rounded out the all-tournament team.

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2023/4/19/h ... ctory.aspx
Women’s golf has come a long way since I played at Eastern. There was one player who consistently scored in the 70’s and no one else could break 90 most days.

-8 is a great team score.

And a slight correction Mr. Track Guy. Golf events are called tournaments or championships (sometimes shootouts or classics) but never “meets”.

:ohno:

:)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Hornets Women's Golf Makes History!

Post by kalm »

And EWU’s Jaelin Ishikawa with an ace in the 2nd round.

The guy fist bumping her is John Twining who’s daughter plays for EWU. John played for Idaho back in the day and we played many rounds together.