Liberty Wins Again!!!!!

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Liberty Wins Again!!!!!

Post by SuperHornet »

The #1 Liberty ACHA D-I Women's Club Hockey Team (26-2-1) has won the National Championship for the fifth year in a row after a 3-2 win over #3 Minot State (22-10-3), one of three teams to beat them this year. (I guess what I thought was a tie was really an NHL-style OT loss.) The game was played at the New England Sports Center near Boston. Liberty is the first ACHA team at any level to win five natties in a row. That beats out Penn State's D-I men (1998-2003) and Life University's D-II men (1997-2002), who won five over six seasons.

Liberty specifies the division of their hockey teams because they field men's teams in D-I, D-II, and D-III, while the women have teams in both D-I and D-II.

D-I men: 18-14, lost to Minot State in semis
D-II men: 27-7-1, lost to Iowa and Northeastern, beat UT State at national championships
D-III men: 19-8-1, tied Fordham, lost to Alabama and South Carolina at AAU National Championship

D-I women: 26-2-1, beat Minot State in finals
D-II women: 17-6-2, regular season not done yet. Beat Villanova 8-1 in an exhibition. Split with Delaware.

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2023/03/20 ... J9E3m_TqvM

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.