HBCU Pigskin Showdown

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

HBCU Pigskin Showdown

Post by SuperHornet »

I don't know if this is standard for D-II, but the field at Marion Military Institute is interesting. I love the old school H goal posts. But one sideline is completely stands-less, and there are no stands in the end zones. Just grass leading to the woods.

Interesting to say the least.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: HBCU Pigskin Showdown

Post by SuperHornet »

Crazy ending.

All Team Marion had to do with 0:51 left was take a knee to end a 21-14 victory. Instead, they ran a reverse, only to see the ball ripped out and taken to the house by a Team Selma defender who almost ran out of gas before he got there. Then Selma, just as dumbly, chose to go for two, and the QB got sacked. Then they put the onside kick out of bounds.

The announcers correctly cited the Miracle at the Meadowlands, which established Herman Edwards as a hero and the prevalence of the kneel-down play to end a game.

Team Marion wins 21-20.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: HBCU Pigskin Showdown

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:24 pm Crazy ending.

All Team Marion had to do with 0:51 left was take a knee to end a 21-14 victory. Instead, they ran a reverse, only to see the ball ripped out and taken to the house by a Team Selma defender who almost ran out of gas before he got there. Then Selma, just as dumbly, chose to go for two, and the QB got sacked. Then they put the onside kick out of bounds.

The announcers correctly cited the Miracle at the Meadowlands, which established Herman Edwards as a hero and the prevalence of the kneel-down play to end a game.

Team Marion wins 21-20.
I hope they have some ppl who are going to be drafted.