2022 Heisman Trophy

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

2022 Heisman Trophy

Post by SuperHornet »

Goes to Caleb Williams of S. California.

Lazy pick, IMO. I would like to have hearkened back to Davey O'Brien with the selection of Max Duggan.

Incidentally, the rules don't seem to explicitly state that the winner HAS to come from FBS, although the winner always seems to. In fact, the Heisman hasn't left the P5 since at least Rashaan Salaam in 1994 at Colorado and definitely Ty Detmer at Independent BYU in 1990. In fact, there have been only three Heismans awarded to players from schools currently in FCS, and none since RB Dick Kazmaier at Princeton in 1951. (All non-FBS Heismans are Ivy Heismans, as Yale won the other two.) Oh, yes. The FIRST Heisman was won by a player for a school originally in the Big Ten, but is now all the way down in D-III. In any event, and I admit that I'm VERY biased here, I think that it's time for this bias to end. This year's Heisman should go to Asher O'Hara, and NEXT year's Heisman should go to Cameron Skattebo....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2022 Heisman Trophy

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:16 pm Goes to Caleb Williams of S. California.

Lazy pick, IMO. I would like to have hearkened back to Davey O'Brien with the selection of Max Duggan.

Incidentally, the rules don't seem to explicitly state that the winner HAS to come from FBS, although the winner always seems to. In fact, the Heisman hasn't left the P5 since at least Rashaan Salaam in 1994 at Colorado and definitely Ty Detmer at Independent BYU in 1990. In fact, there have been only three Heismans awarded to players from schools currently in FCS, and none since RB Dick Kazmaier at Princeton in 1951. (All non-FBS Heismans are Ivy Heismans, as Yale won the other two.) Oh, yes. The FIRST Heisman was won by a player for a school originally in the Big Ten, but is now all the way down in D-III. In any event, and I admit that I'm VERY biased here, I think that it's time for this bias to end. This year's Heisman should go to Asher O'Hara, and NEXT year's Heisman should go to Cameron Skattebo....
No one sees those guys play in the lower divisions. And if they were that good the NFL would find them and they'd be drafted top 10. The NFL doesn't miss talent - if you're good enough, they'll find you.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation